- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of the Level of Concentrates and Pasture Grazing on Growth, Reproductive Performance and Feed Efficiency in Spring born Hanwoo Heifers
농후사료 급여수준 및 방목이 춘계분만 한우 암송아지의 성장발육, 번식능력 및 사료이용성에 미치는 효과
- Kang, S. W. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Im, S. K. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Jeong, J. W. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Woo, J. S. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Jeon, K. J. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.)
- 강수원 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 임석기 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 정종원 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 우제석 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 전기준 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소)
- Published : 2003.02.28
This study was conducted to investigate the effect of the level of concentrates and pasture grazing in 60 head of spring born Hanwoo heifers(initial body weight; 125.3kg) for 450days from six to 21 months in age. Feeding trial was conducted with 5 treatment(twelve heads/ treatment) which were T1(1.5% of apparent body weight in concentrates and indoor feeding for over-all period), T2(0.5% of apparent body weight in concentrates for pre-pasture grazing and pasture grazing), T3(1.0% of apparent body weight in concentrates for pre-pasture grazing and pasture grazing), T4(1.5% of apparent body weight in concentrates for pre-pasture grazing and pasture grazing), T5(2.0% of apparent body weight in concentrates for pre-pasture grazing and pasture grazing). During the total experimental period, average daily gains by treatments ranged from 0.322 to 0.465kg(average 0.405kg) and higher in the order of T5, T4, T1, T3 and T2, and increased with the level of concentrates feeding for pre-pasture grazing. TDN intakes required per unit of kilogram gain were 9.13 to 9.79kg(average 9.49kg) higher in the order of T1, T3, T5, T4 and T2, For the grazing period, they were ranged from 12.39 to 12.98kg(average 12.68kg), and were not significantly different. But TDN requirements of grazing groups was higher about 15.6% than the indoor feeding group’s. The rate of roughage to concentrates by treatments were 57.8 to 73.6%(average 63.7%). The body weight of 15 and 21 month in ages, that is, the ages at puberty and first conception by treatments were 201.2 to 230.7kg(average 223.8kg) and 270.2 to 331.4kg (average 307.6kg), respectively, and the latter were high per unit of 20.4kg by increasing the level of concentrates feeding for pre-pasture grazing every 0.5% addition of apparent body weight. The age of 225 and 275kg in body weight, that is, the body weight at puberty and first conception by treatments were 14.0 to 17.6 month (average 15.3 month) and 17.9 to 21.7 month(average 19.4), respectively, and the latter were shorter about 1.3 month by increasing the level of concentrates feeding every 0.5% addition of apparent body weight. According to the above results, it may be concluded that spring born Hanwoo heifers are raised at indoor have to feed with 1.8% of body weight in concentrates under full feeding of rice straws for all period from six to 21 months in age, but with 1.5% of apparent body weight in concentrates for grazing period.
Spring born Hanwoo heifers;Indoor feeding;The level of concentrates;Pasture;Growth performance
- Allen, D. M. and Kilkeny, B. 1984. Beef pro- duction from dairy bred calves. In Planned Beef Production. 2nd ed. p. 131. Granada, London, Toronto, Sydney, New York.
- Anderson, J. H. and Willham, R. L. 1978. Wean-ing weight correction factors from Angus field data. J. Anim. Sci. 47:124.
- A.O.A.C. 1990. Official method of analysis(15th ed.), Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, D. C.
- Arije, J. N., Robert, N. S., Nix, J. and Rowden, L. 1971. Age and weight at puberty in Hereford heifers. J. Anim. Sci. 33(2):401.
- Buskirk, D. D., Faulkner, D. B. and Ireland, F. A. 1995. Increased postweaning gain of beef heifers enhances fertility and milk production. J. Anim. Sci. 73:937.
- Buston, S. and Berg, R. T. 1984. Lactation performance of range beef and dairy-beef cows. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 64:253.
- Buston, S., Berg, R. T. and Hardin, R. T. 1980. Factors influncing weaning weights of range beef and dairy beef cows. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 60:727.
- Clanton, D. C. and Zimmerman, D. R. 1970. Symposium on pasture methods for maximum production in beef cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 30:122.
- Earley, R., Vatthaeur, R., Paulson, W. and Peshel, D. 1977. Effects of nutritional level on perfor- mance of young crossbred heifers. Lancaster Cow-Calf Day Rep. p. 47.
- Gardner, R. W., Schuh, J. D. and Vargus, L. G. 1977. Accelerated growth and early breeding of Holstein heifers. J. Dairy. Sci. 60:1941.
- Lesmeister, J. L., Burfening, P. J. and Blackwell, R. L. 1973. Date of first calving. in beef cows and subsequent calf production. J. Anim, Sci. 36:1.
- Moe, P. W. and Tyrrell, R. A. 1975. Efficiency of conversion of digested energy to miIk. J. Dairy Sci. 58:602.
- National Research Council. 1986. Nutrient Requirements of Beef Cattle. National Academy Press. Washington. D. C.
- National Research Council. 1996. Nutrient Requirements of Beef Cattle. 7th. National Academy Press, Washington. D. C.
- Osuji, P. O. 1974. The physiology of eating and the energy expenditure of the ruminant at pasture. J. Range Management 27:437.
- Pinney, D. O., Stephens, D. F. and Pope, I. S. 1972. Life-time effects of winter supplimental feed level and age at first parturition on range beef cows. J. Anim, Sci. 34:1067.
- SAS. 1997. SAS User's Guide: Stastics, SAS Inst,, Inc.. Cary. NC.
- Short, R. E. and Bellows, R. A. 1971. Relationships among weight gains, age at puberty and reproductive performance in beef heifers. J. Anim. Sci. 32:127.
- Standing Committee on Agriculture. 1990. Ruminants Subcommittee. Feeding Standards for Australian Livestock. Ruminant C. S. I. R. O. Pub. East Melbourne, Australia.
- Swanson, E. W. 1960. Effect of rapid growth with fattening of dairy heifers on their lactational ability. J. Dairy Sci. 43:377.
- Swanson, E. W. 1967. Symposium on optimum growth patterns for dairy cattle J. Dairy Sci. 50(2):244.
- Wiltbank, J. N., Roberts, S., Nix, J. and Rowden, L. 1985, Reproductive performance and profitability of heifers fed to weight 272 or 318kg at the start of the first breeding season. J. Anim. Sci. 60(1):25. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1985.60125x
- 內藤元男. 1978. 世界の牛. p.167. 養賢堂. 東束.
- 山崎敏雄.1988 肉牛の發育帝と合理的な肥育樣式, 粗飼料および放牧の利用について養牛の夜 151.22.
- 農林水産技術會議事務局. 1984. 山地畜産技術 マニュアル第1編. 山地畜産の基本と共通技術.
- 中央畜産食. 2000. 日本飼養標準 肉用牛(2000年版).
- 강수원, 장선식, 임석기, 정창화, 신기준. 1996 성장단계별 농후사료 급여수준이 한우 육성빈우의 체중변화 및 번식능력에 미치는 영향. 한영사지 20(12):136
- 강수원, 정연후, 손용석, 신형태. 1992. 사양시험에 의한 경산 한우의 영양소 요구량 결정에 관한 연구. 2. 임신시 에너지 및 단백질 요구량결정에 관한 연구 한영사지 16(3):125
- 강수원, 정연후, 이병석, 손용석, 정천용. 1988. 한우번식우의 월동기 야외사육에 관한 연구. III. 월동기 사육환경과 영양수준이 육성빈우의 체중 변화 및 번식능력에 미치는 영향. 한축지 30(10): 600.
- 농림부 축산기술연구소. 2002. 2001년 가축개량 관련자료. 2. 한육우 개량. p. 15.
- 농촌진흥청. 1992. 한국표준사료급여기준(한우). p. 36.
- 농촌진흥청. 2001. 표준영농교본. 한우. 제 3장 번식기술. p. 78.
- 농촌진흥청 축산시험장. 1988. 한국표준사료성분표. I. 반추가축용 사료의 조성, 소화율, 영양가. p. 7.
- 이근상, 나기준, 김관태. 1991 사양형태별 한우와 Charolais 교잡종 암소의 발육과 번식능력 비교. 농업논문집(축산편) 33(1):1
- Quality Comparison of Beef from Outdoor-Reared before Finishing and Indoor-Reared Hanwoo vol.28, pp.5, 2008, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.5.629