- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Supplementary Levels of Deep-stacked Broiler Litter on Digestibility, Dry Matter Intake, and Nitrogen Balance by Male Spotted Deer(Cervus Nippon)
육계분 발효사료의 첨가수준이 숫꽃사슴의 소화율, 건물채식량 및 질소출납에 미치는 영향
- Jeon, B. T. (Korea Nokyong Research Center, Konkuk University) ;
- Kwak, W. S. (Dept. of Anim. Sci., College of Natur. Sci., Konkuk University) ;
- Kang, S. K. (Korea Nokyong Research Center, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, S. M. (Korea Nokyong Research Center, Konkuk University) ;
- Moon, S. H. (Korea Nokyong Research Center, Konkuk University)
- 전병태 (건국대학교 한국녹용연구센터) ;
- 곽완섭 (건국대학교 자연과학대학 생명자원환경과학부 축산학전공) ;
- 강성기 (건국대학교 한국녹용연구센터) ;
- 이상무 (건국대학교 한국녹용연구센터) ;
- 문상호 (건국대학교 한국녹용연구센터)
- Published : 2003.02.28
To determine nutritive value and suitability of deep-stacked broiler litter for deer, the influence of supplementary levels of broiler litter on digestibility, dry matter intake, and nitrogen balance was investigated in male spotted deer (Cervus nippon) fed a commercial mixed(complete) ration. The deep-stacked and ground broiler litter was supplemented at the level of 0%(Control), 15%(T1) and 30%(T2) on the basis of fresh matter to the mixed ration. All treatments had similar palatability at about 3% body weight of dry matter intake. Dry matter digestibility was highest in Control and lowest in T2(P<0.05). Digestibility of crude protein was lowest(P<0.05) in T2. Dry matter and digestible dry matter intake was similar in all treatments. Daily body weight gain was not affected by treatments. Feeding 15 or 30% of broiler litter to male deer resulted in similar nitrogen intake, fecal nitrogen excretion and daily nitrogen retention(g/d), compared with feeding Control. These results suggest that up to 30% of broiler litter may be fed to male deer without deleterious effects on deer performance.
Broiler litter;Digestibility;Intake;Nitrogen balance;Spotted deer
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. (15th ed.) Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, D. C., U.S.A.
- Al-Rokayan, S. A., Naseer, Z. and Chaudhry, S. M. 1998. Nutritional quality and digestibility of sorghum-broiler litter silages. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 75:65-73. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(98)00180-1
- Arave, C. W., Dobson, D. C., Stenquist, N. J. and Walters, J. L. 1990. Poultry waste as a supplement to grass hay for wintering beef steers and heifers, Proc. West. Sect. A. S. A. S. 41:345-351
- Bakshi, M. P. S. and Fontenot, J. P. 1998. Processing and nutritive evaluation of broiler litter as livestock feed. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 74: 337-345.
- Bhattacharya, A. N. and Taylor, J. C. 1975. Recycling animal waste as a feedstuff: a review. J. Anim. Sci. 41:1438-1457. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1975.4151438x
- Chaudhry, S. M., Naseer, Z. and Chaudhry, D. M. 1993. Fermentation characteristic and nutritive value of broiler litter ensiled with corn forage. Food Chem. 48:51-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-8146(93)90220-A
- Fontenot, J. P. and Jurubescu, V. 1980. Processing of animal waste by feeding to ruminants. In: Y. Ruckebusch and P. Thivend(ed.), Digestive Physiology and Metabolism in Rumi- nants. AVI. Westport, CT. pp. 641-662.
- Fontenot, J. P. 1982. Assessing animal-waste feeding: nutritional guideline and safety considera- tions. Anim. Nutr. and Health. 37:12-15.
- Fontenot, J. P., Smith, L. W. and Sutton, A. L. 1983. Alternative utilization of animal wastes. J. Anim. Sci. 57(suppl. 2):221-233.
- Fontenot, J. P. 1990. Recycling animal waste by feeding to enhance environmental quality. In: Animal Agriculture for the 90’s. Amer. Feed Ind. Assoc., Arlington. VA. pp. 56-72.
- French, C. E., McEwen, L. E., Magruder, N. D., Ingram, R. H. and Swift, R. W. 1956. Nutrient requirement for growth and antler development in the white-tailed deer. J. Wildl, Manage. 20:221-232. https://doi.org/10.2307/3796954
- Harmon, B. W., Fontenot, J. P. and Webb, K. E. Jr. 1974. Effect of processing method of broiler litter on nitrogen utilization by lambs. J. Anim. Sci. 39:942-948.
- Huntington, G. B. 1990. Energy metabolism in the digestive tract and liver of cattle: influence of physiological state and nutrition. Reprod. Nutr, Develop. 30:35-47. https://doi.org/10.1051/rnd:19900103
- Jakmohla, R. C., Kinduu, S. S., Punj, M. L., Sing, K., Kamra, D. N. and Sing, R. 1988. Animal excreta as ruminant's feed-scope and limitation under indian conditions. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 19:1-23.
- Kato, K., Kaiima, Y., Odashima, M., Lee. S. L., Nam, K. T., Chiga, H., Otomo, Y., Shoji. H.. Otha, M. and Sasaki, Y. 1989. Feed passage and digestibility in Japanese deer and sheep. Research Report of Kawatabi Experimental Station. 5:59-62.
- Kim, J. H., Yokota, H., Ko, Y. D., Okajima, T. and Ohshima, M. 1993. Nutritional quality of whole crop corn forage ensiled with cage layer manure. I. Quality. voluntary feed intake and digestibility of the silages in goat. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 6(1):45-51.
- Liang. F., Wang. Q. and Wen, T. 1993. Deer feeding for velvet production. Proc. the 4th ARRC lnten. Symposium. Konkuk University. pp. 115-122.
- Lober, U., Eisengarten, H. J. and Flachowsky, G. 1992. A field study on the influence of urea on microbial decontamination and digestibility of broiler litter. Bioresource Technol. 41:135-138.
- Malone. G. W., Gedamu, N. and Sims. J. T. 1992. Delmarva broiler litter production rates. Poult. Sci. 71:52.
- Patil, A. R., Goetsch, A. L.. Kouakou, B., Galloway, D. L., Sr., L. A. Forster Jr. and Park, K. K. 1995. Effects of com vs, com plus wheat in forage-based diets containing broiler litter on feed intake. ruminal digesta characteristics and digestion in cattle. Anim. Feed Sci. and Technol. 55:87-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-8401(95)00788-O
- Patil, A. R., Goetsch, A. L., Galloway, D. L. Sr. and Forster, L. A. Jr. 1993. Intake and digestion by Holstein steer calves consuming grass hay supplemented with broiler litter. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol, 44: 251-263.
- Rossi, J. E., Goetsch, A. L. and Galloway. D. L. Sr. 1998. Intake and digestion by Holstein steers consuming different particle size fractions of broiler litter. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 71:145-156.
- Rossi, J. E., Goetsch, A. L., Patil, A. R., Kouakou, B., Park, K. K., Wang, Z. S., Galloway, D. L. Sr. and Johnson, Z. B. 1996. Effects of forage level in broiler litter-based diets on feed intake. digestibility and particulate passage rate in Holstein steers at different live weights. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 62:163-177. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(96)00967-4
- SAS. 1996. SAS User's Guide: Statistics. statistical analysis system. Inc. Cary. NC.
- Tagari, H., Levy, D. and Holzer, Z 1976 Poultry litter for intensive beef production. Anim. Prod. 23:317-327.
- 고영두, 안형관. 1998 옥수수 계분 Silage 제조실험. II. Silage의 소화율 및 기호성. 한국축산학회지. 30(2):98-102.
- 곽완섭, 허정원, 정동관. 1999. 현장규모로 제조된 육계분 발효사료의 일반적 특성 및 위생적 안전성 평가. 한국낙농학회지. 21(4):269-278
- 농림부. 2002. 농업통계 농림부 홈페이지.
- 류영우, 고영두, 구재윤, 김재황, 유성오, 이희석. 1995. 면양에 있어서 수수-계분 Silage의 영양소 함량, 소화율, 질소출납 및 기호성. 한국축산학회지. 37(2):151-158.
- 전병태, 문상호, 권영재, 곽완섭. 2001. 육계분 발효사료의 첨가수준이 꽃사슴의 건물섭취량. 소화율 및 질소 출납에 미치는 영향. 한국동물자원과학회지 43(5):727-734.