- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
he Effects of Supplemental Levels of Bamboo Vinegar on Growth Performance, Serum Profile and Meat Quality in Fattening Hanwoo Cow
죽초액의 첨가수준이 비육 한우암소의 육생산성, 혈액성상 및 육질에 미치는 영향
- Kook, K. (Division of Animal Science, Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kim, K. H. (Division of Animal Science, Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Chonnam National University)
- Published : 2003.02.28
Effects of supplemental levels of Bomboo vinegar(BV) on growth performance, serum profile and meat quality in 15 Korean native Hanwoo cows was investigated. Concentrate diet was supplemented with Bamboo vinegar with 3% and 6% of the diet. Daily weight gain was increased slightly at 3% BV, but it was decreased in 6% BV. Feed intake was decreased(P<0.05) at 6% BV. Glucose concentration of serum profile was decreased(P<0.05) at 3% and 6% BV. Total protein and cholesterol concentrations were increased(P<0.05) at 3% and 6% BV. BUN concentration was increased(P<0.05) at 3% BV. In carcass characteristics the longissimus muscles of all BV treatments showed no significant(P<0.05) effects, but back fat thickness was decreased significantly(P<0.05) in 6% BV. Marbling score was increased significantly(P<0.05) at 3% BV, thus improving the meat quality. Cut meat production was not difference by treatment. Crude fat content of proximate chemical composition in longissimus muscle was increased(P<0.05) in 3% BV. Shear force and cholesterol contents were decreased(P<0.05) in 3% and 6% BV. The 16:0 of fatty acid composition in longissimus was decreased(P<0.05) whereas 18:1 was increased(P<0.05) at 3% and 6% BV. The composition of saturated fatty acids(SFA) was decreased(P< 0.05), whereas unsaturated fatty acids(USFA) was increased(P<0.05) in 3% BV. Odor and appearance of sensory evaluation were not difference by treatment. Taste was improved significantly (P<0.05) in 3% and 6% BV with the peculiar and savory taste of Hanwoo being more emphasized. The results of this experiment indicated that 3% BV improved the marbling score and crude fat content, decreased the shear force and cholesterol contents, increased the USFA composition, and improved the taste of sensory evaluation in Korean native Hanwoo cows.
Bamboo vinegar;Hanwoo cow;Growth performance;Meat quality;Sensory evaluation
- AOAC. 1996. Official Methods of Analysis 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, D.C.
- Brockman, R. and Bergman, E. N. 1975. Effect of glucagon on plasma alanine and glutamine metabolism and gepatic gouconeogenesis in sheep. Am. J. Physiol. 228:1327.
- Dryden, F. D. and Marchello, J. A. 1970. Influence of total lipid and fatty acid composition upon the palatability of three bovine muscles. J. Anim. Sci. 31:36.
- Eisemann, J. HL, Hammond, A. C., Rumsey, T. S. and Bauman, D. E. 1989. Nitrogen and protein metabolism metabolism in plasm and Urine of beef steers treated somatotropin. J. Anim. Sci. 67:105.
- Ellenberger, M. A., Johnson, D. E., Carstens, G. E., Hossener, K. L., Holland, M. D., Nett, T. M. and Nockels, C. F. 1989. Endocrine and metabolic change during altered growth rates in beef cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 67:1446.
- Enrigh, W. J., Quirke, J. F., Gluckman, P. D., Breier, B. H., Kennedy, L. G., Hart, I. C., Roche, J. F., Coert and Allen, P. 1990. Effects of long-term administration of pituitary-derived bovine growth hormone and estradiol on growth in steers. J. Anim, Sci. 68:2345.
- Folch, J., Lees, M. and Cloan-Stanley, G. H. 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids fro animal tissue. J. Biol. Chem. 226:497.
- Grundy, S. M. 1986. Comparison of mono- unsaturated fatty acids and carbohydrates for lowering plasma cholesterol. N. Engl. med. 314: 745.
- Hisasi, Yoshmura. 1993. Promoting effect of wood vinegar compounds on the mycelial growth of two basidiomycete. Tran. Myco. Soc. Japan: 141.
- Hodgson. R. R., Belk, K. E., Savell, J. W., Cross, H. R. and Williams, F. L. 1992. Develop-ment of a quantitative quality grading system for mature cow carcasses. J. Anim. Sci. 70:1840.
- Keys, A. 1980. Coronary heart disease in seven countries. circulation (suppl.) XLI:453.
- Lunt, D. K. and Smith, S. B. 1991. Wagyu beefs holds profit potential for U.S. feed lot. Feedstuffs. 19:18.
- Morrison, W. R. and Smith, L. M. 1964. Preparation of fatty acid methylesters and dimethylacetals from lipid with boron fluoride methanol. J. Lipid Res. 5:600.
- Mottram, D. S. and Edwards, D. S. 1983. The role of triglycerides and phospholipids in the aroma of cooked beef. J. Sci. Food Agri. 34:517.
- SAS. 1988. SAS User's Guide : Statistics. SAS Inst., lnc., Cary, NC.
- Shackelford. S. D., Koohmaraie, D. M. and Wheeler. T. L. 1994. The efficacy of adding a minimum adjusted fat thickness requirement to the USDA beef quality grading standards for select grade beef. J. Anim, Sci. 72:1502.
- 谷田貝光克.1990. 木酢液の 精製と 利用技術 及び 木炭による 消臭技術. 木炭と木炭液の 新用述開發硏究果集:297.
- 福島義信. 1980. 젖소의 위에서 발생하는 VFA와 네카릿치의 투여효과. 일본축산연구 34:773
- 松田義夫.1975 약물의 해독-작용에 관한 연구. The Clinical Report. 9(13).
- 田村豊辛. 1975. 약물의 해독작용에 관한 연구(제8보) Holyessig를 포함하는 나무껍질 성분에 대한 연구. The Clinical Report. 9:3346.
- 永田耕一. 1983. 肝實質性黃疸における 天然樹液の臨床的檢討. The Clinincal Report 17(11):231
- 김광은. 박상qja, 안정오. 2000. 숯과 목초액 한림저널사사 p.77.
- 김동희. 1990. 성형 목탄가루가 사료첨가제로서의 이용가능성에 관한 연구. 건국대학교 석사학위논문.
- 김한성, 김성훈. 1998. 목초액의 약리 및 임상 효능과 연구방향. 대전대학교 한의학연구소 논문집. 7(1):831.
- 농림부. 1999. 축산물 등급제와 한우 고급육 생산. 축협중앙회 축산물등급 판정소.
- 류경선, 이문준, 송근섭, 나종삼, 김종승. 1997 목탄과 목탄액의 첨가가 육계의 생산성과 육질에 미치는 영향. 한국가금학회지 24(3):139.
- 박범영, 조수현, 유영모, 김진형, 이종문, 정석근, 김용곤. 2000. 한우 배최장근내 지방 함량이 한우육의 이화학적 특성에 미치는 영향 동물자원지 42(2): 189-194.
- 박상범. 1999. 대나무숯, 죽초액의 제조법과 이용법. 한림저널.
- 석현덕, 장철수, 1999. 소경목.불량목 등 목질계폐자원을 이용하여 가공된 목탄.목탄액의 농수축산업에서의 실용화 및 산업화 연구. 한국농촌경제연구원. C99-23
- 석현덕, 장철수, 서영완. 1998. 목질탄화물의 농축산업적 이용현황과 전망. 목질탄화물(숯과 목초액)의 농업 및 환경적 이용에 관한 국제 심포지움. pp. 129-149
- 장철수, 석현덕. 2001 농.축산업분야에 있어서 목탄-목초액 이용의 활성화 방향. 산림경제연구 9(1):28
- Effects of Bamboo Charcoal and Bamboo Leaf Supplementation on Performance and Meat Quality in Chickens vol.21, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2011.21.6.805
- Comparison of Fatty Acid and Nutritional Composition of Korean Native Black Cattle and Hanwoo vol.30, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.5.556
- Pyroligneous acid—the smoky acidic liquid from plant biomass vol.99, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-014-6242-1
- vol.124, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/jam.13626