- Volume 45 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of Feeding Browses on Growth and Meat Quality of Korean Native Goats
지엽류 급여가 흑염소의 발육 및 육질에 미치는 영향
- Choi, S.H. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Park, B.Y. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Cho, Y.M. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Choi, C.Y. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Kwon, E.G. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Kim, Y.K. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Her, S.N. (Department of Animal Science, Chunbuk National University)
- 최순호 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 박범영 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 조영무 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 최창용 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 권응기 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 김영근 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 허삼남 (전북대학교 동물자원학부)
- Published : 2003.10.31
Effects of feeding browses on growth and meat quality of Korean native goats were investigated. Twenty eight heads of male goats were divided into four treatment groups fed diets containing oak browse, pine browse, fermented pine browse, and rice straw. Growth rate, feed intake, carcass and meat quality and blood and serum criteria were investigated. The highest average daily gain of goats was 45.3g from oak browse, and goats on pine browse gained similar to those on fermented pine browse. Daily forage intake was 197g DM for oak browse and 74g DM for fermented pine browse. Feed efficiency(g feed/g gain) of oak browse was 11.0g and that of pine browse was 15.1g. From the results of serological inspection, metabolism in body was normal with all the browses tested. Dressing percentage was 45.1~46.2% and meat percentage was 55.2~55.9% without significant differences between diets. Fat percentage of goat carcasses fed rice straw was higher than those fed pine browse or fermented pine browse which was, however, not significantly different from those on oak browse. Shear force and coking loss of goat meat on pine browse or fermented pine browse was less than those on rice straw(p〈0.05) without significant differences between other browses. Juiciness, tenderness, and flavor of the goat meat were the better(p<0.05) from the pine browse diet than from rice straw.
- Babiker, S. A., Elkhider, I. A. and Shafie, S. A. 1990. Chemical composition and quality attributes of goat meat and lamb. Meat Sci. 28:273-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(90)90041-4
- Forwood, J. R., and Owensby, C. E. 1985. Nutritive value of tree leaves in the Kansas Filint Hills. J. Range Manage. 38(1):61-64. https://doi.org/10.2307/3899335
- Holtenius, H. 1996. New aspects of ketone bodies in energy metabolism of dairy cows: a review. Zentralbl Veterinarmed A. 43(10):579-587.
- Kingbury, M. J. 1964. Poisonous plants of the United States and Canada. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- McLeod, M. N. 1974. Plant tannins-Their role in forage quality. Nut. Abstr. Rev. 44: 803-815.
- Nastis, A. S. and Malechek, J. C. 1981. Digestion and utlization of nutrients in oak browse by goats. J. Anim. Sci. 53(2): 283-289. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1981.532283x
- NRC. 1981. Nutrient Requirements of goats: Angora, Dairy and Meat goats in temperate and tropical countries. No. 15. National Academy Press, Washington, DC. pp. 91.
- Perevolotsky, A., Brosh, A., Ehrlich, O., Gutman, M., Henkin, Z. and Holzer, Z. 1993. Nutritional value of common oak(Quercus calliprinos)browse as fodder for goats: Experimental results in ecological perspective. Small Rumi. Res. 11: 95-106.
- SAS. 1991. User's Guide Statistics. Statistical Analysis System Institute Inc. Cary. NC.
- Singh, P., Biswas, J. C., Somvanshi, R., Verma, A. K., Deb, S. M. and Dey, R. A. 1996. Performance of pashmina(Cheghu) goats fed on oak(Quercus semecarpifolia) leaves. Small Rumi, Res. 22(2):123-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4488(96)00870-X
- Singh, P., Verma, A. K., Pathak, N., Pathak, N. and Biswas, J. C. 1998. Nutritive value of oak(Quercus semecarpifolia) leaves in pashmina kids. Anim. Feed Sci. and Techno. 72:183-187. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(97)00174-0
- Villena, F. and Pfister, J. A. 1990. Sand shinnery oak as forage for Angora and Spanish goats. J. Range-Manage 43(2): 116-122. https://doi.org/10.2307/3899027
- 나기정. 최인규. 정의배. 1999. 잣나무지엽을 이용한 발효조사료가 한우의 성장에 미치는 영향. 한국임상수의학회지. 16(2):257-264.
- 문희철. 1975. 한국재래산양의 성장에 따른 혈청화학치의 변동. 대한수의학회지. 15(2):187-197.
- 서영석. 함태수. 1980. 한국재래산양의 비육기술에 관한 연구. 영남대 논문집 13호:203-214.
- 이중해. 이인덕. 이형석. 1990. 꽃사슴의 수엽류이용에 관한 연구. I 꽃사슴의 채식습성. 한축지. 32(2):100-108.
- 조익환. 황보순. 전기현. 송해범. 안종호. 이주삼. 1997. 조사료원이 한국 재래산양의 섭취량과 소화율에 미치는 영향. 한초지. 17(1):82-88.
- 최순호. 유영모. 차영호. 이종문. 백광수. 김원호. 허삼남. 1998. Chicory 급여가 재래산양의 발육 및 육질에 미치는 영향. 한축지. 40(3):255-260
- 하정기. 김병호. 1973. 한국재래산양의 산육성에 대한 연구. 한축지 11(2): 167-170.
- Effects of Different Levels of Concentrate in the Diet on Physicochemical Traits of Korean Native Black Goat Meats vol.34, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2014.34.4.457
- Effect of water extract and distillate from the mixture of black goat meat and medicinal herb on osteoblast proliferation and osteoclast formation vol.48, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2015.48.2.157
- Meat Quality Characteristics of the Four Major Muscles from Korean Native Black Goat vol.52, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2018.52.1.37