- Volume 45 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Technical Pork Quality Profiles Identified by NPPC Scale
NPPC 기준에 의한 돈육의 품질특성 연구
- Kim, D.H. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Park, B.Y. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Kim, I.S. (Department of International Livestock Industry, Jin Ju National University) ;
- Lee, M. (Department of Animal Science & Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Y.K. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Lee, J.M. (National Livestock Research Institute)
- Published : 2003.10.31
Two hundreds and twenty three pork carcasses of commercial breeds were studied for comparing to technical quality characteristics of pork identified by National Pork Producers Council(NPPC) scale. pH and conductance(C) were taken in 1(pH
- Agriculture Canada. 1984. A guide to understanding colour and structure of pork muscle. Agriculture Canada, Ottawa, Canada. Publ. 5180/B.
- Bendall, J. R. and Swatland, H. J. 1988. A review of the relationships of pH with physical aspects of pork quality. Meat Sci. 24:85.
- Chzzolini, R., Novelli, E., Badiani, A., Rosa, P. and Delbono. 1993. Objective measurements of pork quality: evaluation of various techniques. Meat Sci. 34:49.
- Garrido, M. D., Pedauye, J., Banon, S. and Laencina, J. 1994. Objective assessment of pork quality. Meat Sci. 37:411.
- Honikel, K. O. 1993. Quality products demand suitable methods of measurement. Fleischwirtsch. 73:1010.
- Irie, M. and Swatland, H. J. 1993. Prediction of fluid losses from pork using subjective and objective paleness. Meat Sci. 33:277.
- Jeremiah, E. 1984. A note on the influence of inherent muscle quality on cooking losses and palatability attributes pork loin chops. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 4:773.
- Joo, S. T., Lee, J. S., Lee, S., Rhee, M. S., Kho, K. C. and Kim, B. C. 1994. A study on the effect of postmortem metabolic rates on meat quality and the estimation of pork quality. Korean J. Food Sci. Resour. 14:1-4.
- Kauffman, R. G., Sybesma, W., Smulders, F. J. M., Eikelenboom, G., Engel, B., van Laak, R. L. J. M., Hoving-Bolink, A. H., Sterrenburg, P., Nordheim, E. V., Walstra, P. and van der Wal, P. G. 1993. The effectiveness of examining early post-mortem musculature to predict ultimate pork quality. Meat Sci. 34:283.
- Murray, A. C., Jones, S. D. M. and Sather, A. P. 1989. The effect of preslaughter feed restriction and genotype for stress susceptibility on pork muscle quality. Proc. 35th International Congress of Meat Sci. and Technology, Copenhagen, Denmark. pp.188-194.
- Nakai, H., Saito, F., Ando, S. and Komatsu, A. 1975. Standard models of pork colour. Bulletin No. 29, National Inst. of Anim. Indust., Chiba, Japan.
- NPPC. 1991. Procedures to Evaluate Market Hogs. 3rd. ed. National Pork Producers Council, Des Moines, Iowa, USA.
- Oliver, M. A., Gispert, M., Tibau. J. and Diestre, A. 1991. The measurement of light scattering and electrical conductivity for the prediction of PSE pig meat at various times post mortem. Meat Sci. 29:141.
- SAS. 1988. SAS/STHR.. User Guide(Release 6.03), SAS Inst. Inc. Gary, NC.
- Schmitten, F., Schepers, K. H. and Festerling, A. 1987. Evaluation of meat quality by measurement of electrical conductivity. In Evaluation and Control of Meat Quality in Pigs. eds. P. V. Tarrant, G. Eikelenboom and G. Monin, Martinus Nijhoff, Publishers, pp.191-200.