- Volume 39 Issue 2
Thermosetting matrix composites have disadvantages in terms of moulding time, repairability and manufacturing cost. Thus the high-performance thermoplastic composites to eliminate such disadvantages have been developed so far. As a result of environmental and economical concerns, there is a growing interest in the use of thermoplastic composites. However, since their mechanical properties are very sensitive to the environment such as moisture, temperature etc., those behaviors need to be studied. Particularly the temperature is a very important factor influencing the mechanical behavior of thermoplastic composites. The effect of temperature have not yet been fully quantified. Since engineering applications of reinforced composites necessitate their fracture mechanic characterization, work is in progress to investigate the fracture and related failure behavior. An approach which predicts the tensile strength was perpormed in the tensile test. The main goal of this work is to study the effect of temperature on the result of tensile test with respect to GF/PE composite. The tensile strength and failure mechanisms of GF/PE composites were investigated in the temperature range 6
Tensile test;Fracture behavior;Tensile strength;Fracture strength;Fracture mechanisms;SEM
- Mattews, R. G., Ward, I. M. and Capaccio, G.(1999) : The Relationship Between the Dynamic Mechanical Relaxations and the Tensile Deformation Behaviour of Polyethylene, J. Mat. Sci., 34, 2781-2787. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1004610713203
- Alessandro Pegoretti and Theonis Ricco.(1999) : Fatigue Crack Propagation in Polypropylene Reinforced with Short Glass Fiber, Com. Sci. and Tech., 59, 1055-1062. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0266-3538(98)00143-2
- Schultz, J. M. and Freiedrichi, K.(1984) : Effect of Temperature and Strain Rate on the Strength of a PET/glass Fibre Composite, J. Mat. Sci., 19, 2246-2258. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01058102
- 문창권.고성위(19889) : 복합재료의 현황과 전망 (I) , 한국 박용기관 학회지, 13(2), 103-109.
- 고성위.엄윤성.허경환.김엄기.김형진(2001) : 온도변화에 따른 GF/PP 복합재료의 인장파괴거동, 한국어업기술학회지, 37(3), 240-245.
- Asp, L. E., Sjogren, B. A. and Berglund, L. A. (1997) : Prediction of Failure Iniation in Polypropylene with Glass Beads, Polymer Comp., 18(1), 9-15. https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.10256
- Yue, C. Y. and Cheung, W. L.(1993) : Some Observations on The Role of Transcry-stalline Interohase on The Interfacial Strength of Thermoplastic Composites, J. Mat. Sci., 12, 1092-1094.
- Nagae, S. and Otsuka, Y.(1996) : Effect of sizing Agent on Corrosion of Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics (GFRP) in Water, J. Mat. Sci., 15, 83-85.
- Purslow, D.(1988):Fractography of Fibre-Reinforced Thermoplastics, Part 3. Tensile, Compressive and Flexural Failures, Composites, 19(5), 358-366. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-4361(88)90123-1
- Miwa, M. and Horiba, N.(1993) : Strain Rate and Temperature Dependence of Tensile Strength for Carbon/glass Fibre Hybrid Composites, J. Mat. Sci., 28, 6741-6747. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00356425
- Choi, N. S. and Takahashi, K.(1996) : Toughness and Microscopic Fracture Mechani of Unfilled and Short-Glass-Fibre-Filled Poly (cyano arylether), J. Mat. Sci., 31, 731-740. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00367893
- Asp, L. E.(1997):The Effects of Moisture and Temperature on the Interlaminar Delamination Toughness of a Carbon/epoxy Composite, Com. Sci. and Tech., 35, 967-1062.
- Diello, V., Martuscelli, E, Ragosta, G. and Zihlif, A.(1990) : Twnsile Properties and Fracture Behaviour of Polypropylene-nikel-coated Carbon-fibre Composite, J. Mat. Sci., 25, 706-712. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00714098
- Gan, Y. X., Chu, F., Aglan, H., Faughanan, P. and Bryan, C.(2001) : Overloading Failure Analysis of Particulate and Short Fiber Filled PTFE Composites, J. Mat. Sci., 10, 581-584. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1010953205936
- Takashi Ariyama(1993) : Cyclic Deformation Behaviour and Morphology of Polypropylene, J. Mat. Sci., 28, 3845-3850. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00353189
- Manson, J. A. and Sperling, L. H.(1976) : Polymer Blends and Composites, Plenum Press.
- Yang, J. M., Smith, C. and Davis, K.(2000) : Tensile and Stress Rupture Befaviour of a TiC Particulate-Reinforced Superalloy 718 Composite, J. Mat. Sci., 19, 2175-2177.
- Synder, J., Hiltner, A. and Baer, E.(1992) : Analysis of the Wedge-Shaped Damage Zone in Edge-Notched Polypropylene, J. Mat. Sci., 27, 1969-1977. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01107226
- Bataille, P., Ricad, L. and Sapieha, S.(1989) Effect of Cellulose Fibers in Polypropylene Composites, Polymer Comp., 10, 103-108. https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.750100207