- Volume 39 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Biotelemetry Method by Combining the SSBL Method and the Pinger Synchronizing Method (1) - Design and production of system -
SSBL 방식과 핑거동기 방식을 조합한 바이오텔레메터리 방식의 개발 (1) -시스템의 설계 및 제작 -
- 박주삼 (여수대학교 수산과학연구소) ;
- 고탁창언 (동경수산대학)
- Published : 2003.08.01
A new biotelemetry method that the installation and the treatment of equipment is convenient and the instantaneously detailed location of the fish attached the pinger is able to track comparatively easily was developed. The receiving system in this biotelemetry method was advanced for track the detailed behavior of the fish by the miniature tracking pinger, because it was a burden to fish to add the pinger with the water temperature and the pressure sensor. By combining of the super short base line (SSBL) method to detect the direction of pinger and the pinger synchronizing method to measure the range from receiving transducer to pinger, the three dimensional locations of fish to the receiving transducer is gotten instantaneously. The receiving system is devised to realize the high precision or wide detection range by application of the basic design method for receiving system of biotelemetry developed by the present authors and the hydrophone array configuration. The measurement distance error in the pinger synchronizing method is minimized through the correction of which the deviation of transmission pluse period of pinger is caused by changing water temperature. A prototype system which is able to track the instantaneously detailed location of the fish by the SSBL and pinger synchronizing biotelemetry (SPB) method was produced.
SPB method;SSBL method;pinger synchronizing method;advance of reception system;SPB system
- Bertrand, A., Josse, E. and Masse, J. (1999): In situ acoustic target-strength measurement of bigeye (Thunnus obesus) and yellofin tuna (Thunnus albacares) by coupling split-beam echosounder observations and sonic tracking, ICES J. Mar. Sci., 56, 51-60. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmsc.1998.0430
- 朴柱三, 古澤昌彦 (2002): 超音波バイオテレメトリの音響系の評價および設計方法, 日本水産學會誌, 68, 334-344.
- トランジスタ技術編集部 (1999): 發振回路の完全攻略, CQ出版社, 東京, 191-280.
- 超音波便覽編集委員會編(1999): 超音波便覽, 丸善株式會社, 東京, 549-557.
- Lacroix, G.L. and McCurdy, P. (1996): Migratory behaviour of post-smolt Atlantic salmon during initial stages of seaward migration, J. Fish Biol., 49, 1086-1101. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8649.1996.tb01780.x
- Milne, P.H. (1983): Underwater acoustic positioning systems, E.&F.N.Spon, London, 19-92.
- Ireland, L.C. and Kanwisher, J.W. (1978): Underwater acoustic biotelemetry: Procedures for obtaining information on the behavior and physiology of free-swimming aquatic animals in their natural environments, In: Mostofsky, D.I. (ed) The behavior of fish and other aquatic animals, Academic Press, New York, 341-379.
- Hedgepeth, J., Fuhriman, D., Geist, D. and Johnson, R (1998): Fish movement measured by tracking radar-type acoustic transducers, In: Alippi, A. and Cannelli, G.B. (eds) Proceedings of the fourth European conference on underwater acoustics, Rome, 199-204.
- Stasko, A.B. and Polar, S.M. (1973): Hydrophone and bow-mount for tracking fish by ultrasonic telemetry, J. Fish. Res. Board Can., 30, 119-121. https://doi.org/10.1139/f73-018
- Hawkins, A.D., MacLennan, D.N., Urquhart, G.G. and Robb, C. (1974): Tracking cod Gadus morhua L. in a Scottish sea loch, J. Fish Biol., 6, 225-236. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8649.1974.tb04541.x
- Johnson, D.E. and Jayakumar, V. (1982): Operational amplifier circuits: design and application, Prentice-hall Inc., New Jersey, 66-70.
- 古澤昌彦, 澤田浩一, 有路實, 山谷恭三, 倉都健治 (1994): 計量魚探機用複合ビ一ム送受波器の開發, 海洋音響學會講演論文集, 63-66.
- Amlaner, Jr, C.J. and MacDonald, D.W. (1979): A handbook on biotelemetry and radio tracking, Pergamon Press, Oxford.
- 韓軍 (1994) : 同期法超音波ピンガ-システムの開發とその應用に關する硏究, 博士論文, 東京水産大學大學院, 東京.
- Hawkins, A.D. and Urquhart, G.G. (1983): Tracking fish at sea. In: MacDonald A.G. and Priede I.G. (eds) Experimental biology at sea, Academic Press, London, 103-166.
- 添田秀男編(1990) : 水産學シリ-ズ80 テレメトリ一による水生動物の行動解析, 恒星社厚生閣, 東京.
- Klepaker, R.A., Vestgard, K., Hallset, J.O. and Kundsen, F.T. (1975): A free swimming ROV, In: Wernli, R.L. and Chapman, R. (eds) Remotely operated vehicle: Technology requirement-present and future, 2173, 265-276.
- Voegeli, F.A., Lacroix, G.L. and Anderson, J.M. (1998): Development of miniature pingers for tracking Atlantic salmon smolts at sea, Hydrobiologia, 371-372, 35-46. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1017014903313
- Urick, R.J. (1983): Principles of underwater sound / 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York.
- 西村實 (1969): 魚群探知機の最適周波數に關する硏究, 博士論文, 東海大學, 淸水.
- Roberts, J.I. (1975): An advanced acoustic position reference system, OTC 2173, 265-276.
- Young, A.H., Tytler, P., Holliday, F.G.T. and MacFarlane, A. (1972): A small sonic tag for measurement of locomotor behaviour in fish, J. Fish Biol., 4, 57-65. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8649.1972.tb05652.x
- Francois, R.E. and Garrison, G.R. (1982): Sound absorption based on ocean measurements. Part II: Boric acid contribution and equation for total absorption, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 72, 1879-1890. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.388673
- Development of Biotelemetry Method by Combining the SSBL Method and the Pinger Synchronizing Method (2) - Evaluation for Precision of System - vol.39, pp.4, 2003, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2003.39.4.318