- Volume 39 Issue 2
Most Recently, with rapid development in marine industries such as marine structures and ship, there occurs much interest in the study of corrosion characteristics which play an important role in design of cooling water system like heat-exchanger. Especially, as operating environment of fresh cooling water system in vessels is acidified, this system is seriously corroded. In this study, to study on the corrosion characteristics of Al-alloy shell for cooler, the electrochemical polarization test of materials for the marine fresh water cooler such as Al-alloy, Cu and naval brass was carried out in fresh water. And thus the polarization resistance and anodic polarization behavior of Al-alloy, Cu and naval brass are investigated. Also, galvanic corrosion characteristics of Al-alloy coupled with Cu and naval brass is considered. The main results obtained are as follows ; (1) The current density of corrosion is high in order of Al-alloy > naval brass > Cu (2) As anodic potential increases, the corrosion resistance of naval brass is better than that of Cu. (3) The galvanic corrosion of Al-alloy coupled with Cu and naval brass is activated than corrosion of Al-alloy.
- 임우조.양학회.인현만.이진열(1994) : 부식과 방식, 원창출판사, 302-305.
- Davis, Jseph R.(1999) : Corrosion of Aluminum and Aluminum alloy, ASM International, 19- 21.
- 前田泰昭.竹中規訓(1995) : 地球規模での酸性雨現狀と材料劣化, 日本材料と環境, Vol. 40, No. 9, 619-629.
- Denny A. Jones(1991) : Principles and prevention of corrosion, Macmillan publishing company, 398-401.
- W. H. Ailor(1988) : Engine Coolants Testing, State of the Art, ASTM, STP 705, 81-101.
- 伊藤伍郞(1986) : 日本機械工學全集 6, 腐食と防食, 日本コロナ 社, 78-79.
- 임우조.정해규(1999) : 원통다관형 열교환기의 침식-부식 특성에 관한 연구 (1), 한국어업기술학회지, Vol. 35, No. 2, 196-200.
- 日本材料學會(1990) : 材料强度學, 日本進行印刷出版, 173-175.