- Volume 39 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Maturation and growth of Trachysalambria curvirostris in the coastal water of Geomundo, Korea
한국 거문도 인근해역의 꽃새우, Trachysalambria curvirostris의 성숙과 성장
- Published : 2003.05.01
In Korea, Trachysalambria curvirostris occurs widely along the south and west coasts with a range extending from Kanghwado in the northwest down to Sarangdo in the southeast. Sex ratio showed seasonal variations, with a mean value of 48.6% for the females. T. curvirostris produces one cohort a year, with the ovaries ripening from July to August. Insemination appeared to take place from June to August, as more than half of the females sampled in the study of over 19 mm carapace length were inseminated. The mean gonado somatic index (GSI) reached a maximum between July and August. The smallest mature female found was a 18 mm carapace length (CL). Size at 50% sexual maturity (CL
- Bhattacharya, C. G. (1967) : A simple method of resolution of a distribution into Gaussian components, Biometrics, 23, 115-135. https://doi.org/10.2307/2528285
- Cha, H. K., Oh, C. W. and Choi, J. H. (2003) : Biology of the cocktail shrimp, Trachysal-ambria curvirostris (Decapoda: Penaeidae) on the Yellow Sea of Korea. Journal Marine Biology Association of UK, in press.
- Gab-Alla, A.A., Hartnoll, R.G., Ghobashy, A.F. and Mohammed, S.Z. (1990) : Biology of penaeid prawns in the Suez Canal lakes, Marine Biology, 107, 417-426. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01313423
- Kim, Y. H., Lee, S. D. and Kim, B. G. (1984) : Ecological study on the shrimp, Trachypenaeus curvirostris, Korea Bulletin of National Fisheries Research Development and Institute, 32, 25-30.
- Pauly, D. and Munro, J. L.(1984) : Once more on the comparison of growth in fish and invertebrate. Fishbyte, 2, 21.
- Cha, H. K, Park, Y. C., Yeon, J. J., Kim, S. T. and Hong, S. Y. (1997) : Maturation and spawning of Trachypenaeus curvirostris Stimpson (Decapoda: Penaeidae) in the southern coast of Korea, Bulletin of National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, 53, 55-64.
- Hayashi, K. (1992) : Dendrobranchiata crustaceans from Japanese waters, Seibutsu Kenkyusha, Tokyo, 1-300
- Pauly, D. and Gaschutz, G. (1979) : A simple method for fitting oscillating length growth data, with a program for pocket calculators, ICES C.M. 1979/G: 24, 26.
- Ronquillo, J. D. and Saisho, T.(1995) : Developmental stages of Trachypenaeus curvirostris (Stimpson, 1860) (Decapoda, Penaeidae) reared in the laboratory, Crustaceana, 68, 833-863. https://doi.org/10.1163/156854095X02050
- Pauly, D. (1982) : Studying single species dynamics in a tropical multispecies context. In: Pauly, D., Murphy, G.I. (eds.), Theory and Management of Tropical Fisheries. ICLARM Conference Proceedings, ICLARM Vol. 9, 33-70.
- Park, K. Y.(1993) : Larval development of Trachypenaeus curvirostris(Stimpson) (Decapoda : Penaeidae) reared in the laboratory. M. S. Thesis, National Fisheries University of Pusan, 33.
- Cha, H. K., Lee, J. U., Park, C. S., Baik, C. I., Hong, S. Y., Park, J. H., Lee, D. W., Choi, Y. M., Hwang, K. S., Kim, Z. G., Choi, K. H., Sohn, H. S., Sohn, M. H., Kim, D. H. and Choi, J. H. (2001) : Shrimps of the Korean Waters, National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, Pusan, Korea, 188.
- Garcia. S. (1985) : Reproduction, stock assessment models and population parameters in exploited penaeid shrimp populations, In Proceedings of the Second Australian National Prawn Seminar (eds. P. C. Rothlisberg, B. J. Hill, and D. J. Staples), 139-158. Cleveland : Australia.
- Campbell, A. (1985) : Application of a yield and egg-per-recruit model to the lobster fishery in the Bay of Fundy, North America Journal of Fisheries Management, 5, 91-104. https://doi.org/10.1577/1548-8659(1985)5<91:AOAYAE>2.0.CO;2
- Size Selectivity of a Shrimp Beam Trawl for the Southern Rough Shrimp Trachysalambria curvirostris with the Extended SELECT Method vol.44, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0390
- Seasonal Variations in Species Composition and Abundance of Fish and Decapods in an Eelgrass (Zostera marina) Bed of Jindong Bay vol.20, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.3.259
- Catching efficiency of a shrimp beam trawl according to the length of beam and wing net and its influence on the hauling work vol.50, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.396