- Volume 18 Issue 2
A method is presented for diagnosing the converter bearings by using acoustic emission. The flaking mechanism causing the large-scale bearing for furnace to flaw is investigated and a possibility of defect is verified by Finite Element method. he diagnosis logic is proposed fir detecting the flaw of a non-continuous rotating machine. It is proved that the acoustic emission energy can be used as a representative parameter for an acoustic event. Applying the method to the tilting bearings for steel mill in operation, the effectiveness of this logic is evaluated. It is shown that AE signal is generated only when the bearing is tilting, and the trend analysis can be focused upon this process.
converter;acoustic emission;flaw detection
- G.A. Ratcliffe, 'Condition Monitoring of Rolling Element Bearings Using the Envelope Technique,' Proc. I Mech. E Seminar on Machine Condition Monitoring, 1992
- 佐藤茂 外 3人,1992, '歪みげ-じによる 低俗 同傳 設備I診斷の技術開發,' 일본 Plant Engineering. pp. 423-432, 1992
- 井上紀明, 實踐 振動法による 設備診斷, Acoustic Emissionこょる 診斷,10장, 1998.
- M. Huang etc., 'Using Acoustic Emission in Fatigue and Fracture Materials Research,' Nondestructive Evaluation, pp. 624-635, 1998
- R.A. Gopinath and C.S. Burrus, 'Wavelet Transform and Filter Bank,' Wavelets-A Tutorial in Theory and Application, pp. 603-644, 1992
- M. Dave, 'Early Warning Fault Detection in Rolling Element Bearing Using Microlog Enveloping,. SKF Application Note CM3021, 1996
- 유헌일, 기계설계공학, 동명사, pp. 301-334, 1999
- D.E. Bray and D. McBride, 'Nondestructive Testing Techniques,' John Wiley & Sons, Chapter 12, 1992
- R.B. Randall and J. Hee, Cepstrum Analysis, Digital Signal Analysis, Bruel and Kjaer, Chapter 11, 1985
- M. Dave, Bearing Reliability in Centrifugal Pumps, Randall Publishing, 200I
- J.Y. Jong, 'Acoustic Emission Analysis System for Diagnosis of Machinery,' NASA Technical Note, MFS31468, 2000