- Volume 12 Issue 12
This experiment was carried out to investigate the effects of heavy metals (cadmium, chromium, copper and lead) on the seed germination of Arabidopsis thaliana, and examinated the removal effects of biostone and green tea on the heavy metal toxicity. Cadmium and chromium among the four heavy metals had no effect on the seed germination even in the concentration fifty times higher than in the official standard concentration of pollutant exhaust notified by the Ministry of Environment. However, seeds were not germinated in the concentration of copper ten times higher and in the concentration of lead fifty times higher than the official standard concentration. When seeds were sown in the solutions of lead (15, 20, 25 and 30 mg/L) and copper(15 and 20 mg/L), the seed germination rates were 0％ and less than 10％, respectively. However, when biostone(3 g/30
Heavy metals;Biostone;Green tea;Seed germination;Arabidopsis thaliana
- Grill, E., E. L. Winnacker and M H. Zenk, 19 87, Phytochelatins, a class of heavy-metal- binding peptides from plants, are functionally analogous to metallothioneins, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 84, 439-443. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.84.2.439
- 박영일, 김희근, 김유영, 김인수, 1996, 미나리의 중금속 흡수량 및 중금속 결합단백질의 동정, 대산논총, 4, 81-89.
- 김은실, 1989, 맥반석에 의한 중금속제거에 관한 연구, 성균관대학교 교육대학원 석사학위논문, 1-16pp.
- Thornalley, P. J. and M. Vasak, 1985, Possible role for metallothionein in protection against radiation-induced oxidative stress : Kinetics and mechanism of its reaction with superoxide and hydroxyl radicals, Biochem. Biophys. Acta., 827, 36-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-4838(85)90098-6
- 황진봉, 1996, 한국산 맥반석의 미네랄 용출 및 중금속제거 효과, 분석과학, 9, 310-319.
- 임동수, 1997, 맥반석과 황산반토를 이용한 중금속 제거에 관한 연구, 조선대학교 산업대학원 석사학위논문, 1-33pp.
- 홍순영, 1992, 수용액중의 중금속에 대한 녹차의 흡착성질, 한양대 환경과학논문집, 13, 19-24.
- Howden, R. and C. S. Cobbett, 1992, Cadmium-sensitive mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana, Plant Physiol., 99, 100-107.
- 최성인, 1994, 녹차의 중금속 제거효과에 관한 in vitro 및 in vivo 연구, 이화여자대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 1-40pp.
- Vliet, C., C. R. Andersen and C. S. Cobbett, 1995, Copper-sensitive mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana, Plant Physiol., 109, 871-878. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.109.3.871
- 김창수, 1996, 녹차의 탄닌 성분이 중금속 제거에 미치는 영향, 경희대 산업정보대학원 석사학위논문, 1-59pp.
- Rauser, W. E., 1995, Phytochelatins and rela- ted peptides, Plant Physiol., 109, 1141-1149. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.109.4.1141
- Salt, D. E., R. C. Prince, I. J. Pickering and I. Raskin, 1995, Mechanisms of cadmium mobility and accumulation in Indian mustard. Plant Physiol., 109, 1427-1433. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.109.4.1427
- Grill, E., E. L. Winnacker and M H. Zenk, 1985, Phytochelatins : the principal heavy-metal complexing peptides of higher plants, Science, 230, 674-676. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.230.4726.674
- Steffens, J. C., 1990, The heavy-metal binding peptides of plants, Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol., 41, 553-575. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pp.41.060190.003005
- Nriagu, J. O. and J. M. Pacyna, 1988, Quantitative assessment of worldwide contamination of air, water and soils by trace metals, Nature, 333, 134-139. https://doi.org/10.1038/333134a0
- Cunningham, S. D. and D. W. Ow, 1996, Promises and prospects of phytoremediation, Plant Physiol., 110, 715-719. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.110.3.715