- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Equivalent Multi-Phase Similitude Law for Pseudodynamic Test on Small-scale RC Models
RC 축소모형의 유사동적실험을 위한 Equivalent Multi-Phase Similitude Law
- Guo, Xun (Institute of Engineering Mechanics(China))
- Published : 2003.12.01
Small-scale models have been frequently used for experimental evaluation of seismic performance because of limited testing facilities and economic reasons. However, there are not enough studies on similitude law for analogizing prototype structures accurately with small-scale models, although conventional similitude law based on geometry is not well consistent in the inelastic seismic behavior. When fabricating prototype and small-scale model of reinforced concrete structures by using the same material. added mass is demanded from a volumetric change and scale factor could be limited due to size of aggregate. Therefore, it is desirable that different material is used for small-scale models. Thus, a modified similitude law could be derived depending on geometric scale factor and equivalent modulus ratio. In this study, compressive strength tests are conducted to analyze equivalent modulus ratio of micro-concrete to normal-concrete. Equivalent modulus ratios are divided into multi phases, which are based on ultimate strain level. Therefore, an algorithm adaptable to the pseudodynamic test. considering equivalent multi-phase similitude law based on seismic damage levels, is developed. In addition, prior to the experiment. it is verified numerically if the algorithm is applicable to the pseudodynamic test.
- Harris, H. G. and Sabnis, G. M., Structural Modeling and Experimental Techniques, CRC Press, 1999.
- Paz, M., Structural Dynamics, Chapman & Hall, 1997.
- Zhang, M. Z., Guo, X., and Dai, J. W., “Shaking table tests of a high-rise building model,” Proc. of the Fifth International Conference on Tall Buildings, Hong Kong, 1998.
- Kim, W., El-Attar, A., and White, R. N., “Small-scale modeling techniques for reinforced concrete structures subjected to seismic loads,” Technical report NCEER-88-0041, State University of New York at Buffalo, New York, 1988.
- Chopra, A. K., Dynamics of Structures, Prentice Hall, 1995.
- 곽영학, “내진성능평가를 위한 상사법칙 연구”, 석사학위논문, 서울대학교, 2002.
- Meng, Q. L., “The dynamic simulation of nonlinear performance of R/C structures in the earthquake simulation shaking table test,” Master dissertation of Institute of Engineering Mechanics, China Seismological Bureau, Harbin, 2001.
- Kumar, S., Itoh, Y., Saizuka, K., and Usami, T., “Pseudodynamic testing of scaled models,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 123, No. 4, 1997, pp. 524-52. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1997)123:4(524)
- 김남식, 곽영학, 장승필, “A Study on Similitude Law for Evaluation of Seismic Performance,” 한국지진공학회 춘계학술발표회 논문집, pp. 208-215, 2003.
- Comparison of Coefficient of Consolidation and Prediction of Excess Pore Water Pressure of Agricultural Reservoir under Embankment on Soft Ground vol.52, pp.2, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.2.001
- Similitude Law on Material Non-linearity for Seismic Performance Evaluation of RC Columns vol.22, pp.3, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2010.22.3.409