- Volume 7 Issue 6
In this study, new shock absorbing system is proposed by using nano-technology based on the theoretical analysis. The new shock absorbing system is complementary to the hydraulic damper, having a cylinder-piston-orifice construction. Particularly for new shock absorbing system, the hydraulic oil is replaced by a colloidal suspension, which is composed of a porous matrix and a lyophobic fluid. The matrix of the suspension is consisted of porous micro-grains with a special architecture: they present nano-pores serially connected to micro-cavities. Until now, only experimentally qualitative studies of new shock absorbing system have been performed, but the mechanism of energy dissipation has not been clarified. This paper presents a modeling and theoretical analysis of the new shock absorbing system thermodynamics, nono-flows and energy dissipation. Compared with hydraulic system, the new shock absorbing system behaves more efficiently, which absorb a large amount of mechanical energy, without heating. The theoretical computations agree reasonably well with the experimental results. As a result. the proposed new shock absorbing system was proved to be an effective one, which can replace with the conventional one.
- Chironis, N. P., Spring Design and Application, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1961.
- J. Clifford., Water a Comprehensive Treatise. Properties of Water in Capillaries and Thin Films, Pergamon. New York, 1993.
- R. Defay et al., Surface Tension and Adsorption, Longmans, London, 1966.
- E. Sakir and E. Guneyler., "Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Water Clusters," Physica E.8. 2000, pp. 40-49.
- H. Wang et al., "Molecular Dynamics Study on Interfacial Slip Phenomenon on Ultra-Thin Lubricating Films," ITC Nagasaki-2000, 1F4-1. 2000, p. 49.
- D. Frenkel and B. Smit., Understanding Molecular Simulation, From Algorithms to Applications, Academic Press, New York, 1996.
- Iwatsubo, T., Suciu, C. V., and Deki, S., 2001, "Theoretical Investigation of a Colloidal Damper," Asia-Pacific Vibration Conference, Hangzhou, China, pp. 223-229.
- Eroshenko V. A. and Fadeev A. Y., "A Study of the Surface of Chemically Modified Porous Silicas by Water Porosimetr," Russian J. Physical Chemistry, No. 70, 1996, pp. 1380-1383.
- McGrother, S. C. and Gubbins, K. E., "Constant Pressure Gibbs Ensemble Monte Carlo Simulation of Adsorption into Narrow Pores," Journal of Molecular Physics, Vol. 97, No. 8, 1999, pp. 955-965. https://doi.org/10.1080/00268979909482897
- Eroshenko V. A. and Fadeev A. Y., "Intrusion and Extrusion of Water in Hydrophobized Porous Silica", Colloid J., No. 57, 1995, pp. 480-483.
- H. Kuhn and H. D. Forsterling., Principles of Physical Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1999.
- F. M. White., Viscous Fluid Flow, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1974.