- Volume 7 Issue 6
Recently, many high-rise reinforced concrete(RC) bearing-wall structures of multiple uses have been constructed, which have the irregularities of weak(or soft) story and torsion at the lower stories simultaneously. The study stated herein was performed to investigate seismic performance of such a high-rise RC structure through a series of shaking table tests of a 1: 12 model. Based on the observations of the test results, the conclusions are drawn as follows: 1) Accidental torsion due to the uncertainty on the properties of structure can be reasonably predicted by using the dynamic analysis than by using lateral force procedure. 2) The mode coupled by translation and torsion induced the overturning moments not only in the direction of excitations but also in the perpendicular direction: The axial forces in columns due to this transverse overturning moment cannot be adequately predicted using the existing mode analysis technique, and 3) the hysteretic curve and the strength diagram between base shear and torque(BST) clearly reveal the predominant mode of vibrations and the failure mode.
- Tso, W. K. et al., “Design of torsionlly unbalanced structural systems based on code provisions 1: ductility demand,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 21, 1992, pp. 609-627. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290210704
- Rutenberg, A. et al., “Nonlinear response of asymmetric building structures; a state of the art review,” Nonlinear Seismic Analysis and Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings, Elsevier Applied Science, pp. 281-305.
- 대한건축학회, 건축물 하중기준 및 해설, 대한건축학회, 2000.
- 건설교통부, “내진설계기준연구(II)-내진설계성능기준과 경제성평가,” 건설교통부, 1997.
- Lee et al., “Shaking Table Tests of a High RC Bearing-Wall Structrure with Bottom Piloti Stories,” Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, Vol. 1 No. 1, 2002, pp. 47-54. https://doi.org/10.3130/jaabe.1.47
- Lee et. al, “Effect of Shear Walls on Seismic Performence of Piloti-Type High-Rise RC Bearing-Wall Structures,” Structural Engineers World Congress 2002, 2002, Yokohama.
- International Code Council(ICC), International Building Code 2000, ICC.
- De la llera, J. C. and Chopra, A. K., “Understanding the inelastic seismic behaviour of asymmetric-plan buildings,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 24, 1995, pp. 549-572. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290240407
- Chandler, A. M. et al. “Evaluation of factors influencing the inelastic seismic performance of torsionally asymmetric buildings,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 20, 1991, pp. 87-95. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290200107
- Hiroshi Hosoya, “Shaking Table Tests of Three-Dimensional scale Models of Reinforced Concrete High-Rise Frame Structures with Wall Columns,” ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 92, No. 6, 1995, pp. 765-780.
- Zia, P., Principles of Model Analysis, ACI SP-24, Michigan, 1970, pp. 19-39.