- Volume 7 Issue 6
Recently, performance-based analysis/design methods such as the capacity spectrum method and the direct displacement-based design method were developed. In these methods, estimation of energy dissipation capacity of RC structures depends on empirical equations which are not sufficiently accurate, On the other hand, in a recent study, a simplified method for evaluating energy dissipation capacity was developed. In the present study, based on the evaluation method, a new seismic design method for flexure-dominated RC walls was developed. In determination of earthquake load, the proposed design method can address variations of energy dissipation capacity with design parameters such as dimensions and shapes of cross-sections, axial force, and reinforcement ratio and arrangement, The proposed design method was compared with the current performance-based design methods. The applicability of the proposed method was discussed.
- M. J. N Priestley, “Performance Based Seismic Design,” Paper No. 2831, 12th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering(WCEE), 2000.
- 엄태성, 박홍근, “휨지배 철근콘크리트 부재의 에너지 소산능력 평가방법”, 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, Vol. 14, No. 4, 2002년 8월, pp. 566-577.
- 엄태성, 박홍근, “휨지배 철근콘크리트 부재에 대한 에너지 소산능력 산정식의 개발”, 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, Vol. 14, No, 6, 2002년 12월.
- 대한건축학회, 콘크리트 구조설계기준, 2000.
- ATC, “Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings,” ATC-40 Report, Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, California, 1996.
- Anil K. Chopra, Dynamics of Structures: Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering, Prentice Hall, Englwood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1995, pp. 80-100, pp. 467-540.
- 대한건축학회, 건축물 하중기준, 2000.
- Mervyn J. Kowalsky, “RC Structural Walls Designed According to UBC and Displacement-Based Methods,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 2001. 03, pp.506-516.
- EC8, Eurocode 8 : Design Provisions for Earthquake Resistance of Structures, 1994.