- Volume 36 Issue 6
The Dokdo volcano in the south-central part of the East Sea is classified into 8 rock units. The units and sequence suggest that the Dok Island forms a small stratovolcano constructed from at least 3 times eruption cycles above the sea level and proceeded with transformation of a few different eruption styles during each cycle. Reconstruction of the volcanic form, from the geologic structures and spatial lithofacies changes, suggests that the island is remnants of the southwestern caldera rim of the stratovolcano whose central part lies several hundred meters to the northeast. The subaqueous volcano shows abig guyot, which looks like a shield volcano, that represents gentle slope at 90-175 m deep and relatively steep one in 200∼2,000m, and 25∼30km wise base on sea floor. Therefore the total Dokdo volcano represents a multiple volcano that stratovolcano with small caldera overlies the big guyot.
- 지질학회지 v.36 독도 알칼리 화산암류의 K-Ar연대와 Nd-Sr조성 김규한
- 지질학회지 v.23 독도 화산암의 분별결정작용 김윤규;이대성;이경호
- 암석학회지 v.8 울릉도 화산암의 주원소, 회토류 및 미량원소 지구화학 송용선;박계헌;박맹언
- 대한지질학회 2000년도 추계공동학술발표회 초록집 독도 화산 활동의 성인: 열점 기원에 대한 새로운 고찰 이종익;허순도;유찬민;김예동;박찬홍;허식;권문상;박병권;Nagao,K.
- 독도 생태계 등 기초조사 연구 해양수산부
- 岩石鑛物鑛床學會誌 v.80 韓國, 鬱陵火山島 の岩石學-その1. 地質 金允圭
- 岩石鑛物鑛床學會誌 v.80 韓國, 鬱陵火山島の岩石學-その2. 岩石記載ひ全岩化學組成 金允圭
- 岩石鑛物鑛床學會誌 v.81 韓國, 鬱陵火山島の結晶分化作用 金允圭
- 東北大學 校理硏究報告 v.18 韓國, 鬱陵島火山岩の地球化學的硏究 金允圭;吉田武義;靑木謙一郞
- 東北大學校理硏究報告 v.19 獨島火山噴出物の地球化學的硏究 金允圭;吉田武義;李大聲;靑木謙一郞
- Quaternary Research v.20 Late Quaternary tephrochronology and paleo oceanography of the sediments of the Japan Sea Arai,F.;Oba,T.;Kitazato,H.;Horibe,Y.;Machida,H. https://doi.org/10.4116/jaqua.20.209
- Volcanic succession: Modern and ancient Cas,R.A.F.;Wright,J.V.
- Pyroclastic rocks Fisher,R.V.;Schmincke,H.U.
- J. Geophys. Res. v.99 Japan sea, opening history and mechanism: A synthesis Jolivert,L.;Tamaki,K.;Fournier,M. https://doi.org/10.1029/93JB03463
- Geochem. J. v.33 Nd and Sr isotopes and K-Ar ages of the Ulreungdo alkali volcanic rocks in the East sea, South Korea Kim,K.H.;Tanaka,T.;Nagao,K.;Jang,S.K. https://doi.org/10.2343/geochemj.33.317
- J. Volcanol. Geotherm. Res. v.18 Extensive ash falls in and around the Sea of Japan from late Quaternary eruptions Machida,H.;Arai,F. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-0273(83)90007-0
- J. Geophy. Res. v.94 Chemical geodynamics in the back-are region around the Sea of Japan: Implications for the genesis of alkaline basalts in Japan, Korea, and China Nakamura,E.;Campbell,I.H.;McCulloch,M.T.;Sun,S.S. https://doi.org/10.1029/JB094iB04p04634
- Tectonophysics v.174 Chemical geodynamics in the back are region of Japan based on the trace element and Nd-Sr isotopic compositions Nakamura,E.;McCulloh,M.T.;Campbell,I.H. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1951(90)90323-Z
- Nature v.277 Vulcanian eruption mechanism Self,S.;Wilson,L.;Nairn,I.A. https://doi.org/10.1038/277440a0
- Bull. Volcanol. v.56 Geology of Tok Island, Korea: eruptive and depositional processes of a shoaling to emergent island volcano Sohn,Y.K. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00301469
- J. Geol. Soc. Korea v.30 Geology and evolution of Tok Island, Korea Sohn,Y.K.;Park,K.H.
- Tectonophysics v.181 Mechanism of back-arc opening in the Japan Sea: role of asthenospheric injection Tatsumi,Y.;Maruyama,S.;Noda,S. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1951(90)90023-2
- Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta v.55 DUPAL anomaly in the Sea of Japan: Pb, Nd, and Sr isotopic variations at the eastern Eurasian continental margin Tatsumoto,M.;Nakamura,Y. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-7037(91)90068-G
- Eruptions of Hawaiian volcanoes: past, present and future Tilling,R.I.;Heliker,C.;Wright,T.L.
- J. Volcanol. Geotherm. Res. v.8 Relationships between pressure, volatile content and ejecta velocity in three types of volcanic explosion Wilson,L. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-0273(80)90110-9
- J. Geol. Soc. Korea v.20 The study on petrology for the Quaternary alkali volcanic rock of the Korean peninsula Won,J.K.;Lee,M.W.
- J. Korean Soc. Oceanography v.6 High-resolution echo facies analysis of sedimentary deposits around Dok Island volcanoes Yoon,S.H.;Lee,Y.K.;Han,S.J.