- Volume 13 Issue 10
This paper is concerned with the eddy current damper which can be used to enhance the damping of the host structure. The operating principle of the eddy current damper is first explained in detail. The dynamic interaction between the magnets and the copper plate produces eddy current thus resulting in the damping force. By attaching the eddy current damper to the host structure, the damping of the total structure can be increased so that vibrations can be suppressed. The advantage of the eddy current damper is that it doesn't require any electronic devices and power supply The effect of the eddy current damper on the global dynamic characteristics of the structure is investigated by considering the cantilever with the eddy current damper. Experimental results show that the eddy current damper is an effective device for vibration suppression.
- Inman, D. J., 1994. Engineering Vibration. Prentice-Hall.
- Prentice-Hall Engineering Vibration Inman,D.J.
- McGraw-Hill Elements of Vibration Analysis(2nd. Ed.) Meirovitch,L.
- 한국소음진동공학회논문집 v.11 no.2 보의 회전 및 진동제어를 위한 동적 모델 타당성 연구 곽문규;남상현
- 석사논문, 동국대학교 전기공학과 서보 구동 시스템에 적합한 와전류 제동기의 특성해석 한경희
- 대한전기학회 전기기기연구회 및 전기철도연구회 합동논문집 영구자석을 이용한 와전류 제동기의 제동 특성해석 연구 하경호;김영균;홍정표;김규탁;강도현
- 대학물리학 김용은
- Improved Concept and Model of Eddy Current Damper vol.128, pp.3, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2172256
- Development of a New Passive-Active Magnetic Damper for Vibration Suppression vol.128, pp.3, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2172258
- Modeling of a New Active Eddy Current Vibration Control System vol.130, pp.2, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2837436
- Novel Eddy Current Damping Mechanism for Passive Magnetic Bearings vol.14, pp.11, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546308091219
- Eddy Current Damping: A Concept Study for Steam Turbine Blading vol.132, pp.5, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3205032
- Permanent magnet configuration in design of an eddy current damper vol.16, pp.1-2, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-008-0731-z
- Effect of Eddy-Current Damper on the Dynamic Levitation Force in High-Temperature Superconducting Maglev System vol.26, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2016.2607344