- Volume 15 Issue 9
Numerical analysis has been carried out to investigate laminar convective heat transfer in a tube for supercritical water near the thermodynamic critical point. Fluid flow and heat transfer are strongly coupled due to large variations of thermodynamic and transport properties such as density, specific heat, viscosity, and thermal conductivity near the critical point. Heat transfer characteristics in the developing region of the tube show transition behavior between liquid-like and gas-like phases with a peak in heat transfer coefficient distribution near the pseudocritical point. The peak of the heat transfer coefficient depends on pressure and wall heat flux rather than inlet temperature and Reynolds number, Results of the modeling provide convective heat transfer characteristics including velocity vectors, temperature, and the properties as well as the heat transfer coefficient. The effect of proximity to the critical point is considered and a heat transfer correlation is suggested for the peak of Nusselt number in the tube.
- Steam Tables Lester,H.;John,S.G.;George,S.K.
- Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering v.14 no.12 Numerical analysis of turbulent carbon dioxide flow and heat transfer under supercritical state in a straight duct with a square cross-section Choi,Y.D.;Joo,K.S.;Kim,Y.C.;Kim,M.S.
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer v.42 no.16 Turbulent heat transfer to near-critical water in a heated curved pipe under the conditions of mixed convection Li,L.J.;Lin,C.X.;Ebadian,M.A.
- Advances in Heat Transfer v.7 Heat transfer near the critical point Hall,W.B.
- Journal of Heat Transfer v.105 Numerical prediction of wall temperatures for near-critical para-hydrogen in turbulent upflow inside vertical tubes Bellmore,C.P.;Reid,R.L.
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer v.36 no.13 Flow structure and turbulent transport of a supercritical pressure fluid in a vertical heated tube under the conditions of mixed convection experimental data Kurganov,V.A.;Kaptilnyi,A.G.
- Journal of Heat Transfer v.91 no.1 Deterioration in heat transfer to fluids at supercritical pressure and high heat fluxes Shiralkar,B.S.;Griffith,P.
- Cryogenics v.25 Heat exchange with laminar upflow of supercritical helium in a gravitational field Dashevsky,Y.M.;Malkovsky,V.I.
- 30th National Heat Transfer Conference Laminar and turbulent heat transfer in flow of supercritical CO2 Zhou,N.;Krishnan,A.
- Advances in Heat Transfer v.21 Heat transfer under supercritical pressures Polyakov,A.F.
- AIAA Journal v.24 no.12 Improved Forced convective heat transfer correlations for liquids in the near-critical region Ghajar,A.I.;Asadi,A.
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer v.38 no.16 Numerical analysis of deterioration phenomena in heat transfer to supercritical water Koshizuka,S.;Takano,N.;Oka,Y.
- Teploenergetika v.35 Numerical modeling of mixed turbulent convection of helium at supercritical parameters of state in vertical tube Popov,V.N.;Valueva,E.P
- Teploenergetika v.28 no.11 Heat transfer to a supercritical medium with mixed convection and rising flow in heated tubes Vlakhov,E.S.;Mieopol'skii,Z.L.;Khasanov agaev,L.R.
- NASA Technical Note,TN-D5886 Survey of Heat Transfer to Near Critical Fluids Hendricks,R.C.;Simoneau,R.J.;Smith,R.V.
- Journal of Heat Transfer v.94 Developing flow with combined forced-free convection in an isothermal vertical tube Zeldin,B.;Schmidt,F.W.
- Teploenergetika v.15 Impairment of the heat transmission at supercritical pressures Shitsman,M.E.
- 20th International Congress of Refrigeration Heat transfer in supercritical carbon dioxide with convective boundary conditions Olson,D.
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer v.42 no.7 Convective hear transfer in the entrance region of a vertical tube for water near the thermodynamic critical point Lee,S.H.;Howell,J.R.