- Volume 14 Issue 2
The Monkey and Banana Problem is an example commonly used for illustrating simple problem solving. It can be solved by conventional approaches, but this requires a procedural aspect when inferences are processed, and this fact works as a limitation condition in solving complex problems. However, if we use DNA computing methods which are naturally able to realize massive parallel processing. the Monkey and Banana Problem can be solved effectively without weakening the fundamental aims above. In this paper, we design a method of representing the problem using DNA molecules, and show that various solutions are generated through computer-simulations based on the design. The simulation results are obviously interesting in that these are contrary to the fact that the Prolog program for the Monkey and Banana Problem, which was implemented from the conventional point of view, gives us only one optimal solution. That is, DNA computing overcomes the limitations of conventional approaches.
- 전자공학회지 v.29 no.3 분자정보처리기술 장병탁
- Science v.266 Molecular Computation of Solutions to Combinatorial Problems Adleman,L.M.
- Introduction to Computational Molecular Biology Setubal,J.C.;Meidanis,J.
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science v.2568 Version Space Learning with DNA Molecules Lim,H.W.;Yun,J.E.;Jang,H.M.;Chai,Y.G.;Yoo,S.I.;Zhang,B.T.
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science v.2568 DNA Implementation of Theorem Proving with Resolution Refutation in Propositional Logic Lee,I.H.;Park,J.Y.;Jang,H.M.;Chai,Y.G.;Zhang,B.T.
- 한국정보과학회 가을 학술발표 논문집(Ⅱ) v.29 no.2 DNA 컴퓨팅을 이용한 삼단논증의 결론 증명 박의준;이인희;장병탁
- International Journal of Cybernetics and Systems v.31 no.3 The Inference Based on Molecular Computing Wasiewicz,P.;Janczak,T.;Mulawka,J.J.;Plucienniczak,A.
- Prolog Programming for Artifical Intelligence(2nd Ed.) Bratko,I.
- The Monkey and the Banana Tutorial Materials Williams,R.
- Proceedings of the Third Annual Genetic Programming Conference (GP-98) Molecular Algorithms for Efficient and Reliable DNA Computing Zhang,B.T.;Shin,S.T.