- Volume 19 Issue 4
This study is to establish a waste bed combustion model that can be available to assist the design of incinerators for efficient operation control of municipal waste incinerators. An unsteady one -dimensional bed combustion modeling was developed which incorporates the various sub-process models and solves the governing equations for both gases and solids in the waste bed combustion phenomena. The combustion characteristics and the properties of the combustion gas released from the bed were investigated by using a developed model. Besides, a sub-model which predicts the formation and destruction of nitrogen oxides in the waste bed was also developed as a post-processor for the waste combustion model. It is found that the reduction rate of nitrogen oxides is enhanced in the char layer.
- Combustion and flame v.52 Kinetics of the NO-carbon reaction at fluidized bed combustor condition Chan,L.K.;A.F.Sarofim;J.M.Beer https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-2180(83)90119-0
- Int. J. of Energy Research v.16 A cold model analysis of solid waste incineration Fehr,M;J.Vaclavinek
- Combustion and Flame v.73 Global reaction schemes for hydrocarbon combustion John,W.P.;R.P.Lindstedt
- Ph.D. thesis, KAIST Fuel combustion and gas flow characteristics of the municipal solid waste incinerator Ryu,C
- Combustion of pulverized coal Field,M.A.;D.W.Gill;B.B.Morgan;P.G.W.Hawksley
- Ph.D. thesis, Dept. Chem. Eng.,BYU Theoretical modeling of coal or gas fired turbulent combustion or gasification Smith,P.J.
- Waste Management v.11 Design optimization of a large municipal solid waste incinerator Nasserzadeh,V.;J.Swithenbank;B.Jones https://doi.org/10.1016/0956-053X(91)90072-D
- Combusion and Flame v.121 The combustion of simulated waste particles in the fixed bad Shin,D;S.Choi https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(99)00124-8
- Study of MSW incinerator:Overall operation and on-site measurements over the grate, STEV-FBT-91-14 Santos,A.M.
- Chemical Engineering Science v.55 A numerical model for packed-bed combustion of char particles Cooper,J.;W.L.J.Hallett https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2509(00)00097-X
- Prog. Energy Combust. Science v.19 Modeling and simulation of combustion processes of charring and non-charring solid fuels Blasi,C.D. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-1285(93)90022-7
- J. the Institute of Energy v.71 Mathenatical modeling of the burning bed of a waste incinerator Goh,Y.R.;R.G.Siddall;V.Nasserzah;R.Zakaria;J.Swithenbank;D.Lawrence;N.Garrod;B.Jones