- Volume 12 Issue 7
This study was carried out to get more operational characteristics of the sequencing batch biofilm reactors with media volume/reactor volume ratio of 15 %, 25 % and 35 %. Experiments were conducted to find the effects of the media packing ratio on organic matters and nutrients removal. Three laboratory scale reactors were fed with synthetic wastewater. During studies, the operation mode was fixed. The organic removal efficiency didn't show large difference among three reactor of different packing media ratios. However, from the study results, the optimum packing media ratios for biological nutrient removal was shown as 25%. The denitrifying PAOs could take up and store phosphate using nitrate as electron acceptor.
- Mitchell, R., 1974, Introduction to environmental microbiology, Prentice-Hall, 171-187pp.
- 환경부, 2002, 환경백서, 526-535pp.
- 신항식, 박홍식, 1990, 메디아를 함유한 연속 회분식 반응기를 이용한 폐수처리(I), 대한환경공학회지, 12(3), 73-82,
- Woolard, C.R., 1997, The advantages of periodically operated biofilm reactors for the treatment of highly variable wastewater, Wat. Sci. Tech., 35(1), 199-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0273-1223(96)00897-9
- APHA, AWWA and WPCF, 1985, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 16th ed., Washington D.C., USA, 92-100pp.
- Kerrn-Jespersen, J.P. and M. Henze, 1993, Boiological phosphorus uptake under anoxic and aerobic condition, Wat. Res., 27(4), 617- 624. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(93)90171-D
- Kuba, T., G.J.F. Smolders, M.C.M. van Loosdrecht and J.J. Heijnen, 1993, Biological phosphorus removal from wastewater by anaerobic anoxic sequencing batch reactor, Wat. Sci. Tech., 27(5-6), 241-252.
- Kuba, T., M.C.M. van Loosdrecht, F.A. Brandse and J. J. Heijnen, 1997, Occurrence of denitrifying phosphorus removing bacteria in modified UCT-type wastewater treatment plants, Wat. Res., 31(4), 777-786. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(96)00370-3
- Wentzel, M.C., G.A. Ekama, R.W. Loewenthal, P.L. Dold and G.V.R. Marais, 1989, Enhanced polyphosphate organism cultures in activated sludge systems. Part II: Experimental behaviour, Water S.A., 15, 71-88.
- Okabe, S., K. Hirata and Y. Watanabe, 1995, Dynamic change in spatial microbial distribution in mixed population biofilm : experimental result and model simulation, Wat. Sci. Tech., 32(8), 67-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/0273-1223(96)00009-1
- 박대원, 정진영, 정윤철, 윤운영, 1995, 연속회분식 반응조 처리효율에 미치는 미생물 농도의 영향, 한국물환경학회지, 11(2), 115-121.
- Wilderer, P.A., W.L. Jones and U. Dau, 1987, Competition in denitrification systems affecting reduction rate and accumulation of nitrite, Wat. Res., 21(2), 239-245. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(87)90056-X
- Lewandowski, G.A. and B.C. Baltzis, 1992, Analysis of sequencing batch reactors in large-scale denitrifying applications., Chem. Eng. Sci., 47(11), 2389-2394. https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(92)87065-X
- Mino, T. and Y. Matsuo, 1988, Biological mechanism of acetate uptake mediated by carbohydrate consumption in excess phosphorous removal systems, Wat. Res., 22, 565- 570. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(88)90056-5
- Morgenroth, E. and P.A. Wilderer, 1998, Modeling of enhanced biological phosphorus removal in a sequencing batch biofilm reactor, Wat. Sci. Tech., 37(4-5), 583-587. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0273-1223(98)00169-3
- Osborn, D.W and H.A. Nicholls, 1978, Optimization of the activated sludge process for the biological removal of phosphorus., Prog. Wat. Technol., 10, 261-277.
- Gerber, A., E.S. Mostert and R.H. de Illeirs, 1986, The effect of acetate and other short- chain carbon compounds on the kinetics of biological nutrient removal, Wat. SA, 12, 7-12.
- Cech J.S. and P. Hartman, 1990, Glucose induced breakdown of enhanced biological phosphate removal, Environ. Technol., 11, 651-656. https://doi.org/10.1080/09593339009384907
- Randall, A.A., L.D. Benefield and W.E. Hill, 1994, The effect of fermentation products on enhanced biological phosphorus removal, polyphosphate storage, and microbial population dynamics, Wat. Sci. Techl., 30(6), 213-219.