- Volume 31 Issue 2
As DNA microarrays are widely used recently, the amount of microarray data is exponentially increasing. Until now, however, no domestic system is available for the efficient management of such data. Because the number of experimental data in a specific laboratory is limited, it is necessary to avoid redundant experiments and to accumulate the results using a shared data management system for microarrays. In this paper, a system named WEMA (WEb management of Micro Arrays) was designed and implemented to manage and process the microarray data. WEMA system was designed to include the basic feature of MIAME (Minimal Information About a Microarray Experiment), and general data units were also defined in the system in order to systematically manage the data. The WEMA system has three main features: efficient management of microarray data, integration of input/ouput data, and metafile processing. The system was tested with actual microarray data produced by a molecular biology laboratory, and we found that the biologists could systematically manage and easily analyze the microarray data. As a consequence, the researchers could reduce the cost of data exchange and communication.
- Microarray Biochip Technology Mark,S.
- Partisan array LIMS
- IBM Systems Journal v.40 GeneX : An open source gene expression database and integrated tool set Harry,M.;S.Jason;Z.Jiaye(et al.)
- ArrayDB Software
- Nucleic Acids Research v.29 no.1 The Stanford microarray database Gavin,S.;H.B.Tima;K.Andrew(et al.)
- Genome Biology 3: software0003.1-0003.6 Bioarray software envir onment(base0 : a platform for comprehensive management and analysis of microarry data Lao,H.S.;T.Carl;V.C.Johan(et al.)
- Stanford Microarray Database
- MAGE-ML (MicroArray and GeneExpression - Markup Language)
- MIAME(Minimum Information About A Microarray Experiment)
- Genome Research v.11 Argus-A new database system for web-based analysis of multiple microarray data sets Jason,C.;M.W.Griffin;A.G.Michael(et al.)
- DNA Microarrays and Gene Expression from experiments to data analysis and modeling Pierre,B.;G.W.Hatfield