- Volume 7 Issue 2
This paper presents an electric power generating system for stand-alone health monitoring sensor unit of bridge structure based on ambient vibration of bridge. In this paper, a novel electric power generator which has minimum effect of armature reaction is proposed. The related mechanical and electrical design equations are obtained, and a pilot generator has been implemented. In addition, the charging system for extremely low generator current is discussed, and some improvements are identified for the system. This investigation reveals that diode characteristics of rectifier is dominant factor in the charging process. Finally, both the simulation, which uses real measurement data of the Namhae bridge as input of the pilot generator, and indoor test are carried out. The results showed the applicability and effectiveness of the stand-alone vibration powered generator.
- Kiremidjian, A. S., Straser, E. G., Meng, T, Law, K, and Soon, H., “Structural damage monitoring for civil structures,” Proceedings of the International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Stanford, CA, 1997, pp. 371-382.
- 박창옥 역, 전기자기학, 동일출판사, 1996.
- 김원찬, 전자회로의 이해, 대영사, 2000, p. 1015.
- Amirtharajah, R. and Chandrakasan, A., “Self-powered signal processing using vibration based power generation,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 33, 1998, pp. 687-695. https://doi.org/10.1109/4.668982
- 현대건설 기술연구소, 남해대교 계측보고서, 1997, p. 296
- Slemon, G. R. and Straughen, A., Electric Machines, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1980, p. 575.
- Williams, C. B., Pavic, A., Crouch, R. S., and Woods, R.C., “Feasibility study of vibration-electric generator for bridge vibration sensors,” Proceedings of the 16th International Modal Analysis Conference(IMAC XVI), 1998, pp. 1111-1117.
- 최호응, 정상응, 정현교, 최양승, 김규만, “휴대용 기기 충전용 선형 발전기 특성 해석”, 2000년도 대한전기학회 추계부문 학술대회 논문집, 2000, pp. 297-299.
- Kim, C. Y., Kim, N. S., Yoon, J. G., and Jung, D. S., “Monitoring system and ambient vibration test on Namhae suspension bridge,” Proceedings of the First Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring and Assessment, KEERC, Seoul, Korea, 2000, pp. 219-227.
- Nigbor, R. L. and Diehl, J. G., “Two years' experience using OASIS real-time remote condition monitoring system on two large bridges,” Proceedings of the International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Stanford, CA, 1997, pp. 410-417.
- Ching, N. N. H., Wong, H. Y., Li, W. J., Leong, P. H. W., and Wen, Z., “A laser-micromachined multi-modal resonating power transducer for wireless sensing systems,” Sensors and Actuators, 2002, pp. 685-690. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(02)00033-X