- Volume 7 Issue 2
Most structures are expected to deform beyond the limit of linearly elastic behavior when subjected to strong ground motion. Seismic evaluation of structure requires an estimation of the structural performance in terms of displacement demand imposed by earthquakes on the structure. The nonlinear response history analysis(NRHA) among various nonlinear analysis methods is the most accurate to compute seismic performance of structures, but it is time-consuming and necessitate more efforts. The nonlinear approximate methods, which is more practical and reliable tools for predicting seismic behavior of structures, are extensively studied. Among them, the capacity spectrum method(CSM) is conceptually simple, but the iterative procedure is time-consuming and may sometimes lead to no solution or multiple solutions. This paper considers a nonlinear direct spectrum method(NDSM) to evaluate seismic performance of mixed building structures without iterative computations, given dynamic property T from stiffness skeleton curve and nonlinear pseudo acceleration
mixed building structures nonlinear direct spectrum method(NDSM);pushover analysis;nonlinear response history analysis(NRHA);equivalent single degree of freedom
- Vidic, T., Fajfar, P., and Fischinger, M., “Consistent inelastic design spectra : strength and displacement,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 23, 1994, pp. 502-521. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290230504
- Li, K. N., CANNY 99, 3-dimensional nonlinear static/dynamic structural analysis computer program-users manual, CANNY Structural Analysis, CANADA, program- users 2000, p. 215.
- Otani, S. and Matsumori, T., “Correlation of damage and analysis: Experience from the 1995 Kobe Earthquake,” Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering, Seoul, Korea, 1997. 8, pp. 841-856.
- Chopra, A. K. and Goel, R. K., “Capacity-demanddiagram methods for estimating seismic deformation of inelastic structures : SDF systems,” Report No. PEER- 1999/02, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center, University of Berkeley, Berkeley, 1999, p. 67.
- 대한건축학회, 건축물 하중기준 및 해설, 태림문화사, 2000, p. 345.
- Paret, T. F., Sasaki, K. K., Eilbekc, D. H., and Freeman, S. A., “Approximate inelastic procedures to identify failure mechanisms from higher mode effects,” 11th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Acapulco, Mexico, 1996, Paper No. 966.
- Freeman, S. A., “Development and use of capacity spectrum method,” Proceedings of 6th U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Seattle, CD-ROM, Oakland, Calif, EERI, 1998.
- Fajfar, P., “Capacity spectrum method based on inelastic demand spectra,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 28, 1999, pp. 979-993. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199909)28:9<979::AID-EQE850>3.0.CO;2-1
- Chopra, A. K. and Goel, R. K., “A model pushover analysis procedure to estimate seismic demands for buildings: Theory and preliminary evaluation,” Report No. PEER-2001/03, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center, University of Berkeley, Berkeley, 2001, p. 87.
- Reinhorn, A. M., “Inelastic analysis techniques in seismic evaluations,” Seismic design methodologies for the next generation of codes, eds. P. Fajfar and H. Krawinkler, Rotterdam, Balkema, 1997, pp. 277-287.
- 강병두, 박진화, 전대한, 김재웅, “복합구조물에 대한 비선형 직접스펙트럼법의 적용”, 한국지진공학회발표 논문집, 제6권, 제2호, 2002. 9, pp. 258-265.
- FEMA, “NEHRP guidelines for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings,” Report No. FEMA-273, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington D.C., May 1997, p. 439.
- FEMA, “Evaluation of earthquake damaged concrete and masonry wall buildings- Technical resources,” Report No. FEMA-307, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington D.C., 1998, p. 254.
- Bommer, J. J. and Elnashai, A. S., “Displacement spectra for seismic design,” J. Earthquake Engng, Vol. 3, 1999, pp. 1-32. https://doi.org/10.1142/S1363246999000028
- Applied Technology Council, “Seismic evaluation and retrofit of concrete buildings,” Report ATC-40, 1996. 11, p. 319.
- Mehmet Inel, Bretz, E. M., Black, E. F., Aschheim, M. A., and Abrams, D. P., “USEE 2001: Utility software for earthquake engineering report and user's manual,” Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Campaign, Urbana, Illinois, 2001. 10, p. 88.
- 강병두, 김재웅, “내진성능평가를 위한 비선형 직접스펙트럼법의 특성”, 한국지진공학회 논문집, 제6권, 제4호, 2002. 8, pp. 65-73. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.4.065
- 강병두, 전대한, 김재웅, “입체 복합구조물의 하부골조 층수 변화에 따른 비선형 거동특성”, 한국지진공학회 논문집, 제6권, 제1호, 2002. 2, pp. 55-62. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.1.055