- Volume 7 Issue 2
In general, simple fluid added mass method is used for the seismic and vibration analysis of the immersed structure to consider the fluid-structure interaction effect. Actually, the structural response of the immersed structure can be affected by both the fluid added mass and damping caused by the fluid viscosity. These variables appeared as a consistent matrix form with the coupling terms. In this paper, finite element formula for the inviscid fluid case and viscous fluid case are derived from the linearized Navier Stoke's equations. Using the finite element program developed in this paper, the analyses of fluid added mass and damping for the hexagon core structure of the liquid metal reactor are carried out to investigate the effect of fluid viscosity with variation of the fluid gap and Reynolds number. From the analysis results, it is verified that the viscosity significantly affects the fluid added mass and damping as the fluid gap size decrease. From the analysis results of eccentricity effect on the fluid added mass and damping of the concentric cylinders, the fluid added mass increase as the eccentricity increases, however the fluid damping increases only when the eccentricity is very severe.
- 구경회, 이재한, “유체속에 잠긴 동축원통 구조물의 진동 특성 및 지진응답에 대한 유체부가질량영향,” 한국지진공학회 논문집, 제5권, 제5호, 2001, pp. 25-33.
- Fritz, R. J., “The effect of liquids on the dynamic motions of immersed solids,” Journal of Engineering for Industry, Transactions of the ASME, 1972, pp. 167-173.
- Koo, G. H., Lee, H. Y., and Yoo, B., “Seismic isolation effects on core seismic responses of KALIMER,” SMIRT- 15 Conference, Vol. 9, 1999, pp. 351-358.
- Chen, S. S., Wambsganss, M. W., and Jendrzejczyk, J. A., “Added mass and damping of a vibrating rod in confined viscous fluid,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, 1976, Vol. 98, pp. 325-329. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3423833
- Su, T. C., “The effect of viseosity on the forced vibrations of fluid-filled elastic shell,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 50, 1983, pp. 517-524. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3167084
- ANSYS User's Manual for Revision 5.6, Volume I, II, III.
- Yang, C. I. and Moran, T. J., “Calculations of added mass and damping coefficients for hexagonal cylinders in a confined viscous fluid,” Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol. 102, 1980, pp.152-157. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3263314
- Mulcahy, T. M., “Fluid forces on rods vibrating in finite length annular regions,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 47, 1980, pp. 234-240. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3153648
- Zienkiewicz and Taylor, The Finite Element Method, Fourth Edition, Volume 2, Solid and Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics and Non-linearity, McGRAW-HILL, 1991.