- Volume 7 Issue 1
To evaluate the seismic performance of multistory building structures use an equivalent SDOF model to represent the resistance of the structure to deformation as it respond in its predominant mode. This paper presents a method of converting a MDOF system into an equivalent SDOF model. The principal objective of this investigation is to evaluate appropriateness of converting method through perform nonlinear time history analysis of a multistory building structures and an equivalent SDOF model. The hysteresis rules to be used an equivalent SDOF model is obtained from the pushover analysis. Comparing the peak inelastic response of a moment resisting reinforced concrete frames and an equivalent SDOF model, the adequacy and the validity of the converting method is verified. The conclusion of this study is following; A method of converting a MDOF system into an equivalent SDOF model through the nonlinear time history response analysis is valid. The representative lateral displacement of a moment resisting reinforced concrete frames is close to the height of the first modal participation vector \ulcorner
- 대한건축학회, 극한강도설계법에 의한 철근콘크리트구조설계 예제집, 1995.
- 柴田明德, 最新 耐震構造解析, 森北出版株式會社, 東京, 1984.
- (社)建築硏究振興協會, 鐵筋コンクリ-ト造 建築物の性能評価 ガイドライン, 技報堂出版, 東京, 2000. 8.
- ATC, A Critical Review of Current Approaches to Earthquake Resistant Design, ATC-34, 1995.
- Applied Technology Council, Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings, Report ATC-40, 1996. 11.
- FEMA, “NEHRP guideline for the seismic rehabilitation of building,” Report No. FEMA-273, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington D.C., 2000. 11, p. 490.
- Chopra, A. K., Dynamics of Structures-Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering, Prentice-Hall, Inc., 2001.
- Chopra, A. K. and Goel, R. K., “A modal pushover analysis procedure to estimate seismic demands for buildings; Theory and preliminary evaluation,” Report No. PEER-2001/03, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center, University of Berkeley, Berkeley, 2001, p. 87.
- Li, K. N., CANNY 99, 3-Dimensional Nonlinear Static/ Dynamic Structural Analysis Computer Program-User Manual, CANNY Structural Analysis, CANADA, 2000, p. 215.
- Otani, S. and Matsumori, T., “Correlation of damage and analysis: Experience from the 1995 Kobe Earthquake,” Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering, Seoul, Korea, 1997. 8, pp. 841-856.