- Volume 17 Issue 1
The effect of size and volume fraction of ceramic particles, with sliding velocity on the wear properties were investigated for the metal matrix composites fabricated by the pressureless infiltration process. The metal matrix composites exhibited about 5.5 - 6 times the wear resistance compared with AC8A alloy at high sliding velocity, and by increasing the particle size and decreasing the volume fraction, the wear resistance was improved. The wear resistance of metal matrix composites and AC8A alloy exhibited different aspects. Wear loss of AC8A alloy increased with sliding velocity, linearly : whereas, metal matrix composites indicated more wear loss than AC8A alloy at the slow velocity region. However, a transition point of wear loss was found at the middle velocity region, which shows the minimum wear loss. Further, wear loss at the high velocity region exhibited nearly the same value as the slow velocity region. In terms of wear mechanism, the metal matrix composites generally exhibited abrasive wear at slow to high sliding velocity； however, AC8A alloy showed abrasive wear at low sliding velocity and adhesive and melt wear at high sliding velocity.
- 한국해양공학회지 v.12 no.4 플라스마용사 세라믹코팅재의 마멸특성 김귀식;오맹종;박경석;정동원
- 한국해양공학회지 v.13 no.1 금속기지 내열 경사기능 복합재료 개발에 대한 연구 김부안;남기우;조문호
- 대한금속학회지 v.37 no.4 SiC 입자강화 알루미늄 복합재료의 마멸특성 김수영;조영기;이희태;조경목
$Al_2O_3p$/AC8A복합재료의 제조 및 특성 김재동;고성위;정해용
- Wear v.197 Abrasive wear resistance of aluminium alloy/ceramic particulate composites Cordovilla, G.;Narciso, J.;Louis, E.
- Wear v.201 Abrasive wear of aluminium composites-a review Deuis, R. L.;Subramanian, C.;Yellup, J. M. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(96)07228-6
- Mat. Sci. and Tech. v.12 Sliding wear behaviour of SiC particle reinforced 2024 aluminium alloy composites Ma, Z. Y.;Liang, Y. N.;Lu, Y. X.;Bi. J. https://doi.org/10.1179/026708396790122341
- Wear v.197 Tribological investigation of 2009 Al-20 vol.% SiCp/17-4 PH Part I:Composite performance Sannino, A. P.;Rack, H. J. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(95)06908-9
- Acta. Mater. v.44 no.2 The sliding wear behaviour of Al-SiC particulate composites Macro behaviour Venkataraman. B.;Sundararajan, G. https://doi.org/10.1016/1359-6454(95)00217-0
- J. of Mat. Sci. v.30 Wear of ceramic particle-reinforced metal-matrix. part 1 Wear mechanism Zhang, Z. F.;Zhang, L. C.;MAI, Y. W. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00353018
- J. of Mat. Sci. v.30 Particle effects on friction and wear of aluminium matrix composites Zhang, Z. F.;Zhang, L. C.;MAI, Y. W. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01151519