- Volume 7 Issue 2
Fungicidal Activity of Domestic Plant Extracts against Six Major Phytopathogenic Fungi
국내산 식물체 추출물의 여섯 가지 주요 식물병원권에 대한 살균활성
- Park, Il-Kwon (Division of Forest Diseases and Insect Pests, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gil (Nambu Forest Experiment Station) ;
- Park, Ji-Doo (Division of Forest Diseases and Insect Pests, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Shin, Sang-Chul (Division of Forest Diseases and Insect Pests, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Ahn, Young-Joon (Division of Applied Biology and Chemistry, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University)
- Published : 2003.06.30
Methanol extracts from 207 samples of 118 plant species in 44 families were tested for their fungicidal activities against six phytopathogenic fungi. Extracts of Thuja orientalis leaf, Cinnamomum loureirii leaf, Lindera erythrocarpa barks and leaf, Pinus koraiensis wood, Hovenia dulcis wood, Koelreuteria paniculata barks, Styrax japonica wood, Camelia japonica leaf and Cleyera japonica leaf showed very strong fungicidal activity against more than two phytopathogenic fungi at a concentration of 2000 ppm. As a naturally occurring fungicide, these plants could be useful as new fungicidal products against various plant diseases induced by plant pathogens.
plant extracts;fungicidal activity;phytopathogenic fungi
- Georgopoulos, S. G. (1987) TIle development of fungicide resistance, pp.239 -251. In Populations of Plant Pathogens-Their Dynamics and Genetics (eds by M. S. Wolfe and C. E. Caten), Blackwell Scientific Pub
- Miyakado, M. (1986) The search for new insecticidal and fungicidal compounds from plants. J. Pesticide Sci. 11:483-492 https://doi.org/10.1584/jpestics.11.483
- Oerke, E. C, H. W. Dehne, F. Schonbeck and A. Weber (1994) Crop Production and Crop Protection: Estimated losses in Major Food and Cash Crops. Elsevier, Amsterdam
- Swain, T. (1977) Secondary compounds as protective agents. Ann. Rev. Plant Physiol. 28:479-501
- Hedin, P. A., R. M. Hollingworth, E. P. Masler, J. Miyamoto and D. G. Thompson (1997) Phytochemicals for Pest Control, ACS Symp. Ser. No. 387, Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, D.C.
- Yoo, J. K, K. H. Ryu, J. H. Kwon, S. S. Lee and Y. J. Ahn (1998) Fungicidal activity of oriental medicinal plant extracts against plant pathogenic fungi. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 41:600-604.
- Benner, J. P. (1993) Pesticidal compounds from higher plants. Pestic. Sci. 39:95-102
- Harborne,J. B. (1993) Introduction to ecological biochemistry. 4th ed., Academic Press
- Namba, T. (1986) Colored Illustrations of Wakan-Yaku (The Crude Drugs in Japan, China and the Neighboring Countries), Hoikusha Pub., Osaka
- Brown, A. W. A. (1978) Ecology of Pesticides, John Wiley & Sons, New York
- Hayes, W. J., Jr. and E. R. Laws, Jr. (1991) Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology, Vol. 1, Academic Press
- Wink, M. (1993) Production and application of phytochemicals from an agricultural perspective, pp.171-213. In Phytochemistry and Agriculture(eds T.A. van Beek and H. Breteler), Vol. 34, Proc. Phytochem. Soc. Europe, Clarendon Press, Oxford
- Jacobson, M. (1989) Botanical pesticides: past, present, and furture, pp.1-10. In Insecticides of Plant Origin (eds. J. T. Amason, B. J. R. Philogene and P. Morand) ACS Symp. Ser. No. 387, Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, D.C.
- Lee, Y. N. (1996) Flora of Korea. Kyo-Hak Press. Seoul
- Balandrin, M., J. Klocke, E. S. Wurtele and W. H. Bollinger (1985) Natural plant chemicals: sources of industrial and medicinals. Science 228:1154-1160 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.3890182
- Lee, H. S., B. S. Kim, H. T. Kim, K Y. Cho and Y. J. Ahn (1998) Fungicidal activities of legunrinous seed extracts toward phytopathogenic fungi. TIle Korean J. Pesticide Sci. 3:21-27
- Hostettman, K and O. Potterat (1997) Strategy for the isolation and analysis of antifungal, molluscicidal, and larvicidal agents from tropical plants, pp.14-26, In Phytochemicals for Pest Control (eds P. A. Hedin, R. M. Hollingworth, E. P. Masler, J. Miyamoto and D. G. Thompson) ACS Symp. Ser. No. 387, Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, D.C.
- Georghiou, G. P. and T. Saito (1983) Pest Resistance to Pesticides, Plenum Pub., New York