- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Utilization of Fruit Processing Wastes in the Diet of Labeo rohita Fingerling
- Deka, Abani (Central Institute of Fisheries Education (Deemed University) Versova) ;
- Sahu, N.P. (Central Institute of Fisheries Education (Deemed University) Versova) ;
- Jain, K.K. (Central Institute of Fisheries Education (Deemed University) Versova)
- Received : 2003.03.14
- Accepted : 2003.08.11
- Published : 2003.11.01
A feeding trial was conducted for 60 days to study the utilization of fruits processing wastes as feed ingredient in the diet of Labeo rohita fingerlings. One hundred and sixty fingerlings (av. body weight,
- Rick, W. 1974. Trypsin measurement with casein as substrate. In: Methods of enzymatic analysis (Ed. H. V. Bergmeyer), Verlag Chemie, Weinhein, Academic Press Inc., New York, London, 2nd ed., 2:1013-1024.
- Peterson, G. L. 1977. A Simplification of protein assay of Lowry et al. which is generally more applicable. Analytical Biochem. 83:346-356.
- Jafri, A. K. and M. F. Anwar. 1995. Protein digestibility of some low cost feed stuff in fingerling of Indian major carp. Asian Fish. Sci. 8:47-53.
- Maheswari, R. C., C. P. Bohra and P. K. Srivastava. 1984. Energy demand and biomass energy potential. Changing Villages 6 (5):337-341.
- Patel, B. M., C. A. Patel and P. M. Talpada. 1972. Evaluation of mango seed kernels and tomato waste in the ration of bullocks. Indian J. Nutr. and Dietet. 9(6):347-350.
- Rick, W. and H. P. Stegbauer. 1974. Alpha-amylase by measurement of reducing groups. Verlag Chemie, Weinhein, Academic Press Inc., New York, London, 885-889.
- APHA. 1985. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (revised edition), Pub. 67. American Water Work Association, Water Pollution Control Federation, 18th edition, Washington DC., USA., 4-80, 4-90.
- Jhingran, V. G. 1982. Fish and fisheries of India (3rd Ed.) published by Hindustan Publishing Corporation, New Delhi. 273-338.
- Snedecor, G. W. and G. Cochran. 1967. Statistical Methods. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co., New Dehli. p. 593.
- AOAC. 1980. Official Methods of Analysis of Association of Official Analytical Chemists., 13th edition, AOAC. Washington. 1018.
- Murachi, T. and N. Takahashi. 1970. In: Structure-function Relationship of proteolytic enzymes (Ed. P. Densuella, H. Neurath and Ottenson) Munksagard, Copenhagen, Denmark: 298-309.
- Upgrading food wastes by means of bromelain and papain to enhance growth and immunity of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) vol.23, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-015-4863-2