- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Binding of Aflatoxin G1, G2 and B2 by Probiotic Lactobacillus spp.
- Byun, J.R. (Department of Animal Science and Technology Chung-Ang University) ;
- Yoon, Y.H. (Department of Animal Science and Technology Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2003.05.29
- Accepted : 2003.07.16
- Published : 2003.11.01
The ability of ten probiotic bacteria to bind a common food carcinogen aflatoxin
- Eaton, D. L. and E. P. Callanger. 1994. Mechanism of aflatoxin carcinogenesis. Ann. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 34:135-172.
- Marth, E. H. and M. P. Doyle. 1979. Update on molds; degradation of aflatoxin, Food Technol.Jan. 81-87.
- El-Nezmi, H. S., E. Apostolou, E. Salminen and J. T. Ahokas. 1996. Probiotic lactic acid bacteria; A new approach to detoxify aflatoxins. International symposium on probiotic dairy microorganisms and Nutrition week. 2-3 May, 1996, Potsdam, Germany.
- Yoon, Y. H. and B. R. Byun. 2002. Antagonism against Helicobacter pylori and proteolysis of Lactobacillus helveticus CU 631 and strain identification. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15:1057-1065.
- El-Nezmi, H. S., P. Kankaanpaa, S. Salminen and J. Ahokas. 1998. Physicochemical alterations enhance the ability of dairy strains of lactic acid bacteria to remove aflatoxin from contaminated media. J. Food Protec. 61:466-468.
- Zhang, X. B. and Y. Ohta. 1993. Microorganisms in the gastrointestinal tract of the rat prevent absorption the mutagencarcinogen 3-amino-1, 4-dimethyl-5H-pyrido (4, 3-b) indole. Can. J. Microbiol. 39:841-845.
- Ellis, W. O., J. P. Smith and B. K. Simpson. 1991. Aflatoxins in food: occurrence, biosynthesis,effects on organisms, detection, and methods of control.Critc. Rev. Food. Sci. Nutr. 30:403-439.
- Thyagaraja, N. and A. Hosono. 1994. Binding properties of lactic acid bacteria from food-borne mutagens. Food Chem. Toxicol. 32:805-809.
- Binding of Fusarium mycotoxins by fermentative bacteria in vitro vol.101, pp.4, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2672.2006.02958.x
- binding by probiotic bacteria vol.107, pp.2, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2672.2009.04217.x
- Water availability and calcium propionate affect fungal population and aflatoxins production in broiler finisher feed during storage vol.31, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1080/19440049.2014.963699
- High-Throughput Sequence Analyses of Bacterial Communities and Multi-Mycotoxin Profiling During Processing of Different Formulations of Kunu, a Traditional Fermented Beverage vol.9, pp.1664-302X, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2018.03282