- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Physical Feature, Physiological Character and Behavior Study of Gayal(Bos frontalis)
- Giasuddin, M. (Animal Health Research Division, Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Islam, M.R. (Animal Health Research Division, Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute)
- Received : 2002.03.14
- Accepted : 2003.07.03
- Published : 2003.11.01
The physical feature, physiological character and behavior studies were conducted with fifteen newly collected gayals in Bandarban hill tract area of Bangladesh. Their morphology is different from domestic cattle. The range of pulse rate, body temperature and respiration rate were 47 to 75 per minute, 37.78 to
Physical Feature;Physiological Character;Behavior;Gayal
- Baur, J. D., P. C. Ackerman and G. Toro. 1974. Clinical laboratory methods. Eighth edition, the C. V. Mosby Co. Saint Louis.
- Radostits, O. M., D. C. Blood and C. C. Gay. 1995. Veterinary Medicine: A textbook of the diseases of cattle, sheep, pig, goats and horses. Eighth edition. Bailliere Tindal, London.
- Ahmad, A., S. U. Ahmed and M. A. Maleque. 1968. Some hematological values for the Pabna cattle. Pakistan Journal of Veterinary Science. 2(1):41-43.
- Coles, E. H. 1980. Veterinary clinical pathology. Third edition. W. B. Saunders Co. London.
- Huque, K. S., M. M. Rahman and M. A. Jalil. 2001. Study on the growth pattern of Gayal (Bos frontalis) and their crossbred calves. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(9):1245-1249.
- Samad, M. A. 1996. Animal Husbandry and Medicine. Lyric-Epic Prokasoni, Bangladesh.
- Majid, M. A., M. M. Mia and A. I. Talukder. 1995. Development of Gayal-Friesian breeding in Bangladesh. Progress report, Animal Production Research Division, Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute, Savar, Dhaka.
- Faiz, M. A. 1968. Gyal in Chittagong hill tracts. Pakistan journal of veterinary science. 2(1): 7-11.
- Tint, T. 1993. Utilization of indigenous animal species in Myanmar. Asian Livestock. Vol. XVIII No. 10. pp. 115-119.
- Simoons, F. J. and Simoons. 1968. A ceremonial Ox of India. The Mithan in nature, culture and history. The University of Wisconsin Press, Madison. Wisconsin, USA.
- Nucleotide diversity of the melanocortin 1 receptor gene (MC1R) in the gayal (Bos frontalis) vol.39, pp.7, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-012-1559-2
- Semi-domesticated and Irreplaceable Genetic Resource Gayal (Bos frontalis) Needs Effective Genetic Conservation in Bangladesh: A Review vol.27, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2014.14159