- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Moist Extruded Full-fat Soybeans on Gut Morphology and Mucosal Cell Turnover Time of Weanling Pigs
- Qiao, Shiyan (Ministry of Agriculture Feed Industry Center, China Agricultural University) ;
- Li, Defa (Ministry of Agriculture Feed Industry Center, China Agricultural University) ;
- Jiang, Jianyang (Laiyang Agricultural College) ;
- Zhou, Hongjie (Institute of Atomic Energy, China Academy of Agriculture Science) ;
- Li, Jingsu (Institute of Atomic Energy, China Academy of Agriculture Science) ;
- Thacker, P.A. (Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Saskatchewan)
- Received : 2002.03.05
- Accepted : 2002.07.22
- Published : 2003.01.01
Ten barrows, weaned at 28 days (7.2
Extruded Soybeans;Intestinal Morphology;Cell Turnover Time;Weanling Pigs
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, Virginia.
- Kopriwa, B. and C. P. Leblond. 1962. Improvements in the coating technique radioautography. J. Histochem. 10:269-284.
- Li, D. F., J. L. Nelssen, P. G. Reddy, F. Blecha, R. D. Klemn and R. D. Goodband. 1991. Interrelationship between hypersensitivity to soybean proteins and growth performance in early-weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 69:4062-4069.
- Miller, B. G., T. J. Newby, C. R. Stokes, D. J. Hampson, P. J. Brown and F. J. Bourne. 1984a. The importance of dietary antigen in the cause of post-weaning diarrhoea in pigs. Am. J. Vet. Res. 45:1730-1733.
- Miller, B. G., T. J. Newby, C. R. Stokes and F. J. Bourne. 1984b. Influence of diet on post-weaning malabsorption and diarrhoea in the pig. Res. Vet. Sci. 36:187-193
- Quastler, H. and F. G. Sherman. 1959. Cell population kinetics in the intestinal epithelium of the mouse. Exp. Cell Res. 17:420-438. https://doi.org/10.1016/0014-4827(59)90063-1
- Swick, R. A. 1994. Soybean meal quality. American Soybean Association Technical Bulletin PO11-1994.
- Yen, J. T., J. A. Nienaber, D. A. Hill, and W. G. Pond. 1988. Oxygen consumption by whole body and by portal drained organs in swine. J. Anim. Sci. 66(Suppl. 1):331(Abstr.).
- Radecki, S. V., P. K. Ku, M. R. Bennink, M. T. Yokoyama and E. R. Miller. 1992. Effect of dietary copper on intestinal mucosa enzyme activity, morphology, and turnover rates in weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 70:1424-1431.
- De Schutter, A. C. and J. R. Morris. 1990. Soybeans: Full-fat. In: Non-traditional Feed Sources for Use in Swine Production (Ed. P. A. Thacker and R. N. Kirkwood). Butterworths, Stoneham, Massachusetts. pp. 439-451.
- Terlington, W. H., D. S. Pollmann, J. G. Endres and J. A. Coalson. 1990. Soy protein concentrates: An alternative to milk proteins. Feedstuffs, September, p. 16.
- Li, D. F., J. L. Nelssen, P. G. Reddy, F. Blecha, J. D. Hancock, G. L. Allee, R. D. Goodband and R. D. Klemn. 1990. Transient hypersensitivity to soybean meal in the early weaned pig. J. Anim. Sci. 68:1790-1799.
- Geurin, H. B., G. A. Kesel, W. T. Black, T. B. Hatfield and C. N. Daniels. 1988. Effect of isolated soy protein and whey on replacing dried skim milk in a prestarter for weaned baby pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 66 (Suppl. 1):320 (Abstr.).
- Kakade, M. L., J. J. Rackis, J. E. McGhee and G. Puski. 1974. Determination of trypsin inhibitor activity of soy products: A collaborative analysis of an improved procedure. Cereal Chem. 51:376-382.
- Friesen, K. G., J. L. Nelssen, R. D. Goodband, K. C. Behnke and L. J. Kats. 1993. The effect of moist extrusion of soy products on growth performance and nutrient utilization in the early-weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 71:2099-2109.
- Yangsheng, S. 1993. Methods of Feed Analysis and Feed Quality Determination. Beijing Agricultural University Press, Beijing, China, pp. 260-267.
- Imondi, A. R. and F. H. Bird. 1966. The turnover of intestinal epithelium in the chick. Poult. Sci. 45:142-147. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0450142
- Dunsford, B. R., D. A. Knabe and W. E. Hanesly. 1989. Effect of dietary soybean meal on the microscopic anatomy of the small intestine in the early weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 67:1855-1863.
- SAS. 1999. SAS Users Guide, Version 8, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Woodworth, J. C., M. D. Tokach, R. D. Goodband, J. L. Nelssen, P. R. O'Quinn, D. A. Knabe and N. W. Said. 2001. Apparent ileal digestibility of amino acids and digestible and metabolizable energy content of dry extruded-expelled soybean meal and its effects on growth performance of pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 79:1280-1287.
- Newby, T. J., B. G. Miller, C. R. Stokes, D. J. Hampson and F. J. Bourne. 1984. Local hypersensitivity response to dietary antigens in early weaned pigs. In: Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition (Ed. W. Haresign and D. J. A. Cole). Butterworths, London. pp. 49-59.
- Moon, H. W. 1970. Epithelial cell migration in the alimentary mucosa of the suckling pig. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 137:151-156.
- Characterization of the antigenic specificity of soybean protein β-conglycinin and its effects on growth and immune function in rats vol.61, pp.3, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1080/17450390701318358
- Effects of soybean glycinin on performance and immune function in early weaned pigs vol.62, pp.4, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1080/17450390802066419
- Soybean 𝛃-conglycinin-induced gut hypersensitivity reaction in a piglet model vol.63, pp.3, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1080/17450390902860026
- Effects of glycinin and β-conglycinin on enterocyte apoptosis, proliferation and migration of piglets vol.21, pp.3, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1080/09540101003596644
- -conglycinin on growth performance, immunoglobulins and intestinal mucosal morphology in piglets vol.68, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1080/1745039X.2014.919733
- Soybean allergen glycinin induced the destruction of the mechanical barrier function in IPEC-J2 vol.26, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1080/09540105.2014.998638
- Extruded full-fat soybean as a substitute for soybean meal and oil in diets for lactating sows: the effect on litter performance and milk composition vol.57, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1071/AN15179
- β-Conglycinin Reduces the Tight Junction Occludin and ZO-1 Expression in IPEC-J2 vol.15, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms15021915