- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Genetic Variation and Genetic Relationship of Seventeen Chinese Indigenous Pig Breeds Using Ten Serum Protein Loci
- Mo, D.L. ;
- Liu, B. ;
- Wang, Z.G. ;
- Zhao, S.H. ;
- Yu, M. ;
- Fan, B. ;
- Li, M.H. ;
- Yang, S.L. ;
- Zhang, G.X. ;
- Xiong, T.A. ;
- Li, K.
- Received : 2002.09.26
- Accepted : 2003.03.17
- Published : 2003.07.01
Seventeen Chinese indigenous pig breeds and three introduced pig breeds had been carried out by means of vertical polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE). According to the results, eight serum protein loci were highly polymorphic except Pi-2 and Cp. The polymorphism information content (PIC) of Hpx was the highest (0.5268), while that of Cp was the lowest (0.0257). The population genetic variation index showed that about 84% genetic variation existed in the population, and the rest of 16% distributed between the populations. The genetic variation of Yimeng black pig and Duroc were the highest and the lowest, respectively. The genetic variation of Chinese indigenous pig breeds was much more than that of exotic groups. Genetic distance results showed that Chinese indigenous pig breeds were classified into four groups with the three introduced pig breeds clustered into another group. The results also supported the geographic distribution of Chinese indigenous pig breeds in certain extent.
Chinese Indigenous Pig;Serum Protein Polymorphism;Genetic Variation;Genetic Relationship
- Ashton, G., D. Gilmour and C. Kiddy. 1967. Proposals on nomenclature of protein polymorphisms in farm livestock. Genetics. 56:353-362.
- Li, Y. G., D. L. Xie, L. S. Huang, M. Luo and S. M. Lin. 1993. Study on Am. Hpx and Cp polymorphism of twelve native pig populations in jiangxi province. J. Jiangxi Agric. Uni. 15:22-27.
- Wu, Y. F. 1988. The electrophoresis method of studying on serum protein polymorphism of pigs. Animal Husbandry &Veterinary Medicine Communication of Shanghai. 1:8-9.
- Zuozuomu. 1982. Serum polymorphism and it's application of livestock translated by, S. Li. Shanghai Scientific & Technical Press, Shanghai, China.
- Li, K., Y. Chen, C. Moran, B. Fan, S. H. Zhao and Z. Z. Peng. 2000. Analysis of diversity and genetic relationships between four Chinese indigenous pig breeds and one Australian Commercial pig breed. Anim. Genet. 31:322-325. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2000.00649.x
- Stratil, A., S. Čepica, D. Čížová-Schröffelová and H. Geldermann. 1997. Some new variants of serum protease inhibitors in meishan pigs. Anim. Genet. 28:446-447. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1997.00190.x
- Barker, J. S., S. Moore and D. Hetzel. 1997. Genetic diversity of Asian water buffalo (bubalus bubalis): microsatellite variation and a comparison with protein-coding loci. Anim. Genet. 28:103-115. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1997.00085.x
- Hesselholt, M. 1969. Serum protein polymorphisms in swine. The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University Department of Physiology Endocrinology and Bloodgrouping Copenhagen Denmark.
- Lin, S. M., Q. Q. Wen, Y. B. Lai, Z. Y. Chen and S. F. Liu. 1998. A study on genetic polymorphism of serum tf hpx and am in nanchang white pig. J. Jiangxi Agric. Uni. 20:12-16.
- Nei, M. 1978. Estimation of average heterozygosity and genetic distance from a small number of individuals. Genetics. 89:583-590.
- Fan, B., Z. G. Wang, Y. J. Li, X. L. Zhao, B. Liu, S. H. Zhao, M. Yu, M. H. Li, S. L. Chen, T. A. Xiong and K. Li. 2002. Genetic variation analysis within and among Chinese indigenous swine populations using microsatellite markers. Anim. Genet. 33:1-6. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2002.00828.x
- Huang, L. S. and Y. Zou. 1989. Studied on the synonym phenomenon among some native pig breeds in China. Chin. J. Anim. Vet. Sci. 20:117-122.
- Li, J. and Y. Zhang. 2001. Studies on the blood protein genetic polymorphism in pigs of southwest china. The 11th national animal genetic colloquium. Chinese Agricultural Science & Technology Press, Beijing, China. 11:445-450.
- Zhang, Z. G., B. T. Li and X. H. Cheng. 1986. Pig Breeds in China. Shanghai Scientific & Technical Press, Shanghai, China.
Gahne, B. and R. Juneja. 1986. Extensive genetic polymorphism of four plasma
$\alpha$-protease inhibitors in pigs and evidence for tight linkage between the structural loci of these inhibitors. Anim. Genet. 17:135-157. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1986.tb00733.x
- Nie, L. and L. M. Shi. 1995. Studies on the blood protein genetic polymorphism in pigs of southwest china. Chin. J. Biodiversity. 3:1-7.
- Chen, S. L., M. H. Li, Y. J. Li, S. H. Zhao, C. Z. Yu, M. Yu, B. Fan and K. Li. 2001. RAPD variation and genetic distance among Tibetan, Inner Mongolia and liaoning cashmere goats. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci.14:1520-1522.
- Lin, L., Z. G. Wang, B. Liu, Y. J. Li, X. L. Zhao, W. Xiao, S. L. Yang, B. Fan and K. Li. 2001. Analysis of genetic structure of six Chinese indigenous pig breeds using five serum protein loci. J. Huazhong Agric. Uni. 20:511-515.
- Peng, Z. Z, S. Y. Cao, X. Z. Yang and K. Li. 1994. Genetic Improvement of pig. Chinese Agricultural Press, Beijing, China.
- Comparison of Faecal Microbial Community of Lantang, Bama, Erhualian, Meishan, Xiaomeishan, Duroc, Landrace, and Yorkshire Sows vol.27, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2013.13621