- Volume 16 Issue 5
Anti-antibodies against three mouse monoclonal antibodies viz. IIB5D6, VIA6E8 and VIC1F9 (specific to bovine growth hormone) in rabbits have been generated and characterized. Ammonium sulfate fractionated and affinity-purified monoclonal antibodies were used for producing anti-antibodies. The generated anti-antibodies were against common as well as uncommon antigenic determinants present in mouse monoclonal antibodies. The raised anti-antibodies replaced [
Anti-idiotypic Antibodies;Bovine Growth Hormone;Bovine Somatotropin;Receptor Assay;Antibody Purification
- Amit, T., R. J. Barkey, M. Garish and M. B. H. Youdin. 1986. Antiidiotypic antibodies raised against anti-prolactin (PRL) antibodies recognize the PRL receptor. Endocrinology. 118:835-843. https://doi.org/10.1210/endo-118-2-835
- Baker, J. R., Y. G. Lukes and K. D. Burman. 1984. Production, isolation and characterisation of rabbit anti-idiotypic antibodies directed against human anti-thyrotropin receptor antibodies. J. Clin. Invest. 74:489-495.
- Chen, P. P., R. A. Houghton, S. Fong, G. H. Rhodes, T. A. Gilbertson, J. H. Vaughan, R. A. Lerner, and D. A.Carson. 1984. Anti-hypervariable region antibody induced by a defined peptide: An approach foe studying the structural correlates of idiotopes. Proc Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 81:1784-1788. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.81.6.1784
- Engvall, E., and P. Perlman. 1971. Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)-quantitative assay of immunoglobulin G. Immunochemistry, 8:871-874. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-2791(71)90454-X
- Erp, R. V., M. Adorf, A. P. G. Van Sommeren, O. T. Schonherr and T. C. J. Gribnau. 1991b. Monitoring of the production of monoclonal antibodies by hybridoma. Part II: Characterization and purification of acid proteases present in cell culture supernatant. Biotechnology 20:235-248. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-1656(91)90285-4
Fraker, P. J. and J. C. Speck. 1978. Protein and cell membrane iodinations with a sparingly soluble chloroamide 1, 3, 4, 6-tetrachloro-3
$\alpha$, 6 $\alpha$diphenyl glycouril. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 80:849-857. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-291X(78)91322-0
- Gardner, M. J., C. A. Morrison, L. Q. Stevenson and D. J. Flint. 1990. Production of anti-idiotypic antisera to rat GH antibodies capable of binding to GH receptors and increasing body weight gain in hypophysectomised rats. J. Endocrinol. 125:53-59. https://doi.org/10.1677/joe.0.1250053
- Harlow, E. and D. Lane. 1988. Antibodies: A laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York.
- Kumar, P. and Y. S. Rajput. 1999. Monoclonal antibodies against bovine growth hormone. Ind. J. Exptl. Biol. 37:650-654.
- Nilsson, L. A. 1984. Handbook of immunoprecipittion-in-gel techniques. N. H. Axelson (Ed.). Blackwell scientific Publications, Oxford. pp.57-68.
- Schalla, C. L., S. Roberge, B. N. Wilkie, B. W. McBride and J. S. Walton. 1994. Production of anti-idiotypic antibodies resembling bovine somatotopin by active immunization of lactating cows. J. Endocrinol. 141:203-208. https://doi.org/10.1677/joe.0.1410203
- Emtner, M., J. Brandt, U. Johanson, B. Jruper, L. Fryklund and P. Roos. 1989. A monoclonal antibody to lactogenic receptors from female rat liver. J. Endcrinol. 120:401-407. https://doi.org/10.1677/joe.0.1200401
- Ferrara, P., M. M. Zakim, C. Pena and A. C. Paladini. 1979. Immunologically active zones in bovine growth hormone. Eur. J Immunol., 9:1020-1023. https://doi.org/10.1002/eji.1830091219
- Bradford, M. M. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 72:248-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(76)90527-3
- Elbashir, M. I., T. Brodin, Akerström and J. Donner. 1990. Monoclonal antibodies to the pituitary growth-hormone receptor by the anti-idiotypic approach-production and initial characterization. Biochem. J. 266:467-474. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj2660467
- Lee, S-M. 1987. Affinity purification of monoclonal antibody from tissue culture supernatant usinf protein A-Sepharose CL-4B. In: Commercial production of monoclonal antibodies. (Ed. S. S. Seaver). Marcell Dekker, Inc., New York. pp.199-217
- Wallis, M. 1988. Mechanism of action of growth hormone. In: Hormones and their Actions, PartII B. A. Cooke, R. J. B. King and H. J. Vander Molen (Ed.). Elsevier Science Publishers. pp. 265-290.
- Udupa, T. N. S. and A. R. Sheth. 1987. Binding of anti-idiotypic antibodies against anti-FSH to FSH receptors. Ind. J. Exptl Biol. 25:290-292.
- Wells, J. A. and A. M. deVos. 1996. Hematopoietic receptor complexes. Ann. Rev. Biochem. 65:609-634. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.bi.65.070196.003141
- Erp, R. V., M. Adorf, A. P. G. Van Sommeren and T. C. J. Gribnau. 1991a. Monitoring of the production of monoclonal antibodies by hybridoma. Part I: Long-term cultivation in hollow fibre bioreactors using serum-free medium. J. Biotech. 20:249-262. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-1656(91)90298-A
- Cadman, H. F. and M. Wallis. 1981. An investigation of the sites that bind human somatotropin in the liver of pregnant rabbit. Biochem. J. 198:605-610.. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj1980605
- Jerne, N. K. 1974. Towards a network theory of the immune system.Annales d' Immunologie, 125C:373-389
- Mor, G., Y. Amir-Zaltsman, G. Barnard and F. Kohen. 1992. Characteristics of an antiidiotypic antibody minimizing the actions of estradiol and its interaction with estrogen receptors. Endocrinology 130:3633-3640. https://doi.org/10.1210/en.130.6.3633
- Sodhi, R. and Y. S. Rajput. 2001. Mechanism of growth hormone action: Recent developments. Asian Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:1785-1793.
- Laemmli, U. K. 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227:680-685. https://doi.org/10.1038/227680a0
- Haro, L. S., R. J. Collier and F. J. Talamantes. 1984. Homologous somatotropin radioreceptor assay utilizing recombinant bovine growth hormone. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 38:109-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/0303-7207(84)90109-6
- Sairam, M. R., G. N. Bhargavi and B. R. Downer. 1992.Biological mimicry of gonadotropin action by antiidiotypic antibodies to lutinizing hormone: Characterization and biological properties. Endocrinology 131:1212-1222. https://doi.org/10.1210/en.131.3.1212
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Anti-idiotypic Monoclonal Antibody to Growth Hormone, Which Can Mimic Physiological Functions of Growth Hormone in Primary Porcine Hepatocytes vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.14.0600
Supported by : USDA