- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Carcass Traits and Their Relationships in Hanwoo(Korean Native) Steers
한우 거세우의 도체 형질간의 관계
- Baik, D.H. (Department of Animal Resources and Biotechnology, College of Agriculture, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Hoque, M.A. (Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Bangladesh Agricultural University) ;
- Park, H.K. (Department of Animal Resources and Biotechnology, College of Agriculture, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Chung, Y.H. (Department of Animal Resources and Biotechnology, College of Agriculture, Chonbuk National University)
- Published : 2002.10.31
This experiment was prosecuted to estimate the carcass traits and their relationships in Hanwoo steers. The mean carcass weight(CWT), back fat thickness (BFT), meat, bone, intra- muscular fat (IMF) and eye muscle area (EMA) of steers were 300.27 kg, 9.23 mm, 58.99%, 12.92%, 28.08% and 74.00
Carcass traits;Eye muscle area;Back fat;Steer;Cook loss
- Baik, D. H., Hoque, M. A. and Choe, H. S. 2002. Estimation of genetic and environmental parameters of carcass traits in Hanwoo (Korean native cattle) populations. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 15:11 (in press)
- Bouton, P. E., Carroll, F. D., Harris, P. V. and Shorthose, W. R. 1973. Influence of pH and fibre construction state upon factors affecting the tenderness of bovine muscle. J. Food Sci. 38:404-407. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1973.tb01440.x
- Fisher, A. V., Broadbent, J. S., Coutts, C., Kay, R. M. and Rigby, I. 1988. Differences in the relation between carcass visual scores and composition in heifers and steers. Animal Production 46:497.
- Kim, H. C., Lee, D. H., Seo, K. S., Cho, Y. M. and Park, Y. I. 1998. Estimation of heritabilities and expected progeny differences for carcass traits in Hanwoo. Animal Genetics and Breeding 2(1):1-4.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, C. H. and Ko, Y. D. 2002. Influence of dietary addition of dried wormwood (Artemisia sp.) on the performance and carcass characteristics of Hanwoo steers and the nutrient digestibility of sheep. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 15 (3):390-395. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2002.390
- NFCF (National Farmers' Cooperatives Federation of Korea). 2000. Progress report on grading of livestock products. Grading Office of Livestock Products. 214-215.
- Silva, J.A., Patarata, L. and Martins, C. 1999. Influence of ultimate pH on bovine meat tenderness during aging. Meat Sci. 52:453-459.
- SAS. 1995. Statistical Analysis System. SAS Institute, SAS Inc. Cary, USA.
- Watanabe, A., Daley, C. C. and Devine, C. 1996. The effects of the ultimate pH of meat on tenderness changes during aging. Meat Sci. 42: 774-780.
- Wolf, B. T., Smith, C. and Sales, D. I. 1980. Growth and carcass composition in the crossbred progeny of six terminal sire breeds of sheep. Anim. Prod. 31:307-313. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100024648
- Yeo, J. S., Kim, J. W., Chang, T. K., Nam, D. H., Han, J. Y. and Choi, C. B. 2002. Detection of DNA fragment to different Korean cattle. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 15(8):1071-1075. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2002.1071