- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Ventilation Systems in an Enclosed Growing Pig House
무창육성돈사의 환기시스템에 따른 환기효율 평가
- Song, J.I. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A) ;
- Choi, H.L. (School of Agricultural Bio-technology Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Published : 2002.02.28
An experiment was conducted to evaluate a ventilation system, which was devised to encourage farmers to use the enclosed growing and finishing pig housing system. A roof-air-entry ventilation system in winter and a side-wall-air-entry system in summer were evaluated. Air flow rate on the floor level which is the low part of pen and the living area of pigs in the enclosed growing and finishing pig house during winter was measured at 0 to 0.19 m/s at the minimum ventilation efficiency of 1,440
Growing and finishing pig house;Enclosed;Air flow;Ventilation
- Barker, J., Curtis, S., Hogsett, O. and Humenik. F. 1986. Safety in swine production systems. Pork industry handbook. PlH 104
- Close, W. H. 1989. The influence of the thermal invironment on the voluntary food intake of the pig. In:Forbes, J. M., Varley, M. A. and Lawrence, T. L. J.(eds). The voluntary food intake of pigs. British Society of Animal Production Occasional Publication No. 13, Edinburgh. 87-96.
- Cunha, T. J. 1977. Swine Feeding and Nutrition. Academic Press. Inc.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometric. 11:1.
- Geers. R., Vranken, E., Goedlseels, V., Berkrnans, D. and Maes. F. 1988. Air temperature related behavioural problems and mortality rate of pigs. Livestock Environment m. ASAE Publication 1-88. 343-348.
- Grub, W., Foerster. E. P. and Tribble. L. F. 1974. Swine building air contaminant control with pit ventilation. Presented at the 1974 Winter Meeting. Paper No. 74-4532. ASAE, St. Joseph. MI.
- Lubinus, L. and Murphy, J. P. 1980. Mechanical ventilation of swine buildings. Pork Industry Handbook. PIH-60. Cooperative Extension Service, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007.
- Morrison, S. R., Bond. T. E. and Finn-Kelcey, P. 1966. The influence of humidity on growth rate and feed utilization of swine. 1nt. 1. Biometeorology. 10:163-168.
- MWPS. 1988. Swine housing and equipment handbook. MWPS-8. Midwest Plan Service. Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011.
- MWPS. 1990. Mechanical ventilating systems for livestock housing, MWPS-32, Midwest Plan, Iowa State University, Ames
- Sainsbury, D. W. B. 1995. Pig health, Environment and Housing. The health of pigs. 69.
- SAS. 1985. User's guide; Statistics Analysis System. Inst. Cary. NC.
- Wathes, C. M., Howard, K., Jones, C. D. R. and Webster, A. 1. F. 1983. Ventilation, air hygiene and animal health. Veterinary Record 113. 554-559.
- Watt. D. L. Bangsund, D. A., Crenshaw, J. D. and DeShzer, J. A. 1988. Livestock Environment m. ASAE Publication 1-8430-437.
- 최홍림. 송준익. 김현태. 안희권. 고석영. 1999. 우리 나라 중부지방 돈사의 구조 및 환경실태조사. 축산시설환경학회지. 5(10:1-15
- 허덕. 2000. 우리 나라의 양돈기술. 선진 양돈국과 경쟁 가능한가. 양돈연구. 1. 106