- Volume 44 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Genetic Parameters for Carcass Traits in Hanwoo Steer
거세한우의 도체형질에 대한 유전모수 추정
- Yoon, H.B. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Kim, S.D. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Na, S.H. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A.) ;
- Chang, U.M. (Hankyong National University) ;
- Lee, H.K. (Hankyong National University) ;
- Jeon, G.J. (Hankyong National University) ;
- Lee, D.H. (Hankyong National University)
- 윤호백 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 김시동 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 나승환 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 장은미 (한경대학교) ;
- 이학교 (한경대학교) ;
- 전광주 (한경대학교) ;
- 이득환 (한경대학교)
- Published : 2002.08.31
The data were consisted of 1,262 records for carcass traits observed at Hanwoo steers from 1998 to 2001 at Namwon and Deakwanryung branch of National Livestock Research Institute, Rural Development Administration. Pedigrees of young bulls were traced back to search for magnifying inbreeding. Genetic parameters for carcass traits with Gibbs sampling in a threshold animal model were compared to estimates with REML algorithm in linear model. As the results, most of bulls were not inbred and sire pedigree group was non-inbred population. However, most of the bulls fell in some relationship with each other. Heritability estimates as fully posterior means by Gibbs samplers in threshold model were higher than those by REML in linear model. Furthermore, these estimates in threshold model using GS showed higher estimates than estimates using tested young bulls in previous study and same model. Heritability estimate by GS for marbling score was 0.74 and genetic correlation estimate between marbling score and body weight at slaughter was –0.44. Further study for correlation of breeding values between REML algorithm in linear model and Gibbs sampling algorithm in threshold model was needed.
Hanwoo;Steer;Genetic parameters;REML;Gibbs sampling
- Gianola, D. and Foulley, J. L. 1983. Sire evaluation for ordered categorical data with a threshold model. Genet. Sel. Evol. 15:201-224. https://doi.org/10.1186/1297-9686-15-2-201
- Gianola, D. 1982. Theory and analysis of threshold characters. J. of Anim. Sci. 54:1079-1096.
- Gilmour, A. R., Anderson, R. D. and Rae, A. L. 1985. The analysis of binomial data by a gener- alized linear mixed model. Biometrika 72:593-599. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/72.3.593
- Harville, D. A. and Mee, R. W. 1984. A mixed model procedure for analyzing ordered categorical data. Biometrics 40:393-408. https://doi.org/10.2307/2531393
- Henderson, C. R. 1973. Sire evaluation and genetic trends. In: Proc. Of Animal Breeding and Genetic Symp. In Honor of Dr. J. L. Lush. 10-14. ASAS and ADSA, Champaign, IL
- Lee, D. H. BLUPF90 family of programs. http: //nce.ads.uga.edu/~dhlee/thrgibbsf90..html. Accessed Dec 3, 2001.
- Lee, D. H. 2002. Bayesian analysis for categorical data with missing traits under a multivariate threshold animal model. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. 44(2):151-164. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2002.44.2.151
- Lee, D. H., Misztal, I. and Bertrand, J. K. 2001. Bayesian analysis of carcass traits using multivariate threshold animal models and Gibbs sampling with missing records in Korean cattle. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. 43(1):9-22.
- Misztal, I. 2001. BLUPF90 family of programs. http://nce.ads.uga.edu/~ignacy/newprograms.html. Accessed Dec 3, 2001.
- Sorensen, D. A., Andersen, S., Gianola, D. and Korsgaard, I. 1995. Bayesian inference in thre- shold models using Gibbs sampling. Genet. Se. Evol. 27:229-249.
- Van Tassell, C.P., Van Vleck, L.D. and Gregory, K. E. 1998. Bayesian analysis of twinning and ovulation rates using a multiple-trait threshold model and Gibbs sampling. J. Anim. Sci. 76: 2048-2061. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.7682048x
- arona, L., Misztal, I. and Bertrand, J. K. 1999. Threshold-linear versus linear-linear analysis of birth weight and calving ease using an animal model: I. Variance component estimation. J. Anim. Sci. 77:1994-2002. https://doi.org/10.2527/1999.7781994x
- Wang, C. S., Quaas, R. L. and Pollak, E. J. 1997. Bayesian analysis of calving ease scores and birth weights. Genet. Sel. Evol. 29:117-143. https://doi.org/10.1186/1297-9686-29-2-117
- 이득환, 이문걸, 신언익. 1991. 한우의 종모우 평가방법에 관한 연구. II. 선발지수법과 BLUP에 의한 단형질 및 다형질 평가방법의 비교. 한국축산학회지 33:823-830.
- The Effect of Carcass Traits on Economic Values in Hanwoo vol.31, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.4.603
- Research of Statistical Model for Genetic Evaluation of Hanwoo Carcass Traits vol.53, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.4.283
- Estimation of Genetic Parameters for Economic Traits of Hanwoo Cows Using Ultrasound vol.53, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.6.505
- Estimation of Genetic Correlations and Selection Responses for Carcass Traits between Ultrasound and Real Carcass Measurements in Hanwoo Cows vol.55, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2013.55.6.501
- Effect of Beef Proven Bull on the Quality Characteristics of Castrated Hanwoo Meat by Correlation Analysis vol.48, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2014.48.6.169
- Accuracy of Genomic Estimated Breeding Value with Hanwoo Cows in the Commercial Farms vol.52, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2018.52.2.91