- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Irradiation, Packaging Methods and Storage Periods on the Oxidation of Cholesterol in Beef Meat
전자선 조사, 포장방법 및 저장기간이 우육의 콜레스테롤 산화에 미치는 영향
- Shin, T.S. (Department of Animal Science, Miryang National University) ;
- Lee, J.I. (Institute for Development of Livestock Production, Gyeongsang National University)
- Published : 2002.02.28
Beef loins that retailed in market were used as experimental samples. Some beef samples in raw state were packaged with PVDC as aerobic and vacuum condition. The other beef samples were cooked until core temperature arrived at 70
Cholesterol oxides products;Irradiation;Beef
- Addis, P. B. 1990. Conory heart disease: an update with emphasis on dietary lipid oxidation products. Nutr. rev. 62:7.
- Addis, P. S. and Warner, G. J. 1991. The potential health aspects of lipid oxidation products in food. Ch. 5. In Free Rafical and Food Additives, 0.1. Aruoma and B. Halliwell (Ed.), p. 77-119. Taylor and Francis L.T.D. London, Great Britain .
- Ahn, D. U., Olson, D. G., Lee, J. I., Jo, c., Wu, C. and Chen, X. 1998. Packaging and irradiation effects on lipid oxidation and volatiles in pork patties. J. Food Sci. 63:15.
- Beuge, J. A. and Aust, S. D. 1078. Microsomal lipid peroxidation. Methods Enzymol. 52:302.
- Bosinger, S., Luf, W. and Brandl, L. 1993. Oxysterol: their occurrence and biological effects. Int. Dairy J. 3:1.
- Chan, S. H., Gray, J. I. and Gomaa, E. A. 1993. Cholesterol oxidation in whole powders as influenced by processing and packaging. Food Chern. 47:321.
- Folch, J., Lees, M. and Sloan-Stanley, G. H. 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J. Bio. Chern. 226:497.
- Grants, R 1996. Pathogen countdown. Meat Poult. Dec. p. SI9-45.
- Katusin-Razem, B., Mihajevic, K. W. and Razem, D. 1992. Time-dependent post irradiation oxidative chemical changes on dehyderated egg products. J. Agric. Food Chern. 40: 1948.
- Kesava Rao, Y., Kowale, B. N., Babu, N. P. and Bisht, G. S. 1996. Effect of cooking and storage on lipid oxidation and development of cholesterol oxidation products in water buffalo meat. Meat Sci. 43:179.
- Kowale, B. N., Kesava Reo, Y., Babu, N. P., Sharma, N. and Bisht, G. S. 1996. Lipid oxidation and cholesterol oxidation in mutton during cooking and storage. Meat Sci. 43:195. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(96)84591-8
- Lai, S. M., Gray, J. I. and Zabik, M. E. 1995. Evaluation of solid phase extraction and gas chromatography for determination of cholesterol oxidation products in spray-dried whole egg. J. Agric. Food Chern. 43: 1122.
- Lebovics, Y. K., Gaal, 0., Somogyi, L. and Farkas, J. 1992. Cholesterol oxides in r irradiated spray-dried egg power. J. Sci. Food Agric. 60: 251.
- Morin, R. J., Hu, B., Peng, S. K. and Sevanian, A. 1992. Cholesterol oxidation and cancer. Ch. 10, in Biological Effects of Cholesterol Oxides, S.K. Peng and R.I. Morin(Ed.). CRC Press, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Nam, K. c, Du, M., Jo, C. and Ahn, D. U. 2001. Cholesterol oxidation products in irradiated raw meat with different packaging and storage time. Meat Sci. 58:431.
- Nourooz-Zadeh, J. and Appelqvist, L. A. 1987. Cholesterol in Swedish food ingredients: fresh eggs and dehydrated egg products. J. Food Sci. 52:57.
- u, S. x, Cherian, G. and Sim. J. S. 1996. Cholesterol oxidation in egg yolk powder during storage and heating as affected by dietary oils and tocopherol. J. Food Sci. 61:721.
- O'Connell, M. J. and Gamer, A. 1983. Radiation induced generation and the properties of lipid hydroxide in Iiposomes. Int. J. Radiat. BioI. 44: 615.
- Monahan, F. J., Gray, J. I., Booren, A. M., Miller, E. R., buckley, D. J., Morrissey, P. A. and Gpmaa, E. A. 1992. Influence of dietary treatment on lipid and cholesterol oxidation in pork. J. Agric. Food Chern. 40:1310.
- Morin, R. J. and Peng, S. K. 1992. Cholesterol oxides in plasma and tissues. Ch. 5, in Biologica Effects of Cholesterol Oxides, S. K. Peng and R. J. Morin(Ed.). CRC Press, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Zubillaga, M. P. and Marker, G. 1991. Quantification of three cholesterol oxidation products in raw meat and chicken. J. Food Sci. 56:1194
- Paniangvait, P., King, A. J., Jones, A. D. and German, B. G. 1995. Cholesterol oxides in foods of animal origin. J. Food Sci. 6O:1159.
- Park, S. W. and Addis, P. B. 1985. HPLC determination of C-7 oxidized cholesterol oxidation derivatives in foods. J. Food Sci. 50:1437.
- Peng, S. K., Hu, B. and Morin, R. J. 1992a. ffects of cholesterol oxides on atherogenesis. In: iological Effects of Cholesterol Oxides, ed Peng, . K. and Moarin, R. J. CRC Press, Boca Raton, L, USA. p.167.
- Peng, S. K.. Sevanian, A. and Morin, R. J. 1992b. Cytotoxity of cholesterol oxides. In: Biological Effects of Cholesterol Oxides, ed Peng, S. K. and Moarin, R. J. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA. p.147.
- Pie, J. E.. Spahis, K. and Seillan, C. 1991. Cholesterol oxidation in meat products during cooking and frozen storage. J. Agric. Food Chern. 39:250.
- SAS. 1995. SAS/SAIT Software for rc. Release 6.11, SAS Institute, Cray, NC, U.S.A.
- Smith, L. L. 1981. Cholesterol autoxidation. Plenum press. New York.
- Wang, F. S., Jiang, Y. N. and Lin, C. W. 1995. Lipid and cholesterol oxidation in cheese-style sausage using vacuum and modified atmosphere packaging. Meat Sci. 40:93.
- Zunin, P., Evangelisti, F., Caboni, M. F., Penzazzi, G., Lercker, G. and Tiscomia, E. 1995 .Cholesterol oxidation in baked foods containing fresh and powdered eggs. J. Food Sci. 60:913.