- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Ventilation Systems in an Enclosed Nursery Pig House
무창자돈사의 환기시스템 정립 및 환기효율 평가
- Song, J.I. (National Livestock Research Institute, R.D.A) ;
- Choi, H.L. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Published : 2002.02.28
An experiment was conducted to establish the most suitable ventilation system for the enclosed nursery pig house in Korea, comparing four different ventilation systems ; i) air enters through perforated ceiling and exhausts through chimney (NA), ii) air enters through perforated ceiling and exhausts through side walls (NB), iii) air enters through perforated ducts and exhausts through side walls (NC) and iv) air enters through perforated ducts and exhausts through chimney(ND). The experiment was carried out during winter and summer separately. The experimental pigs were weaned at fourteen days old in winter (December-February) and at twenty one days old in summer (June-August). The main results of the experiment are as follows : A preliminary experiment showed that in the NC system during summer, air can reach all the pig rooms in the house and the air flow rates of the upper, middle (1.2 m height of the room) and low (at the height of pig stature) parts of the room were measured at 7.0-8.08, over 0.5 and over 0.2 m/s, respectively, which flow rates were much higher(p
Nursery pig house;Ventilation system
- Close. W. H. and Stanier, M. W. 1984. Effect of plane of nutrition and environmental temperature on the growth and development of the early-weaned piglet. J. Anim. Pro. 38:221-231.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometric. II: 1.
- Hartung, J. 1994. The effect of airborne particulates on livestock health and(eds), Pollution in livestock production systems. CAB International, Wallingford, UK. 55-69.
- MWPS. 1990. Mechanical ventilating systems for livestock housing, MWPS-32, Midwest Plan Service, Iowa State University, Ames.
- Nilson, C. 1984. Experiences with different methods of dust reduction in pig houses. In:Hilliger, H. G(ed). Dust in animal houses. Proceedings of German Vet. Association, 13-14. March, Hannover, 90-91.
- SAS. 1985. User's guide ; Statistics Analysis System. Inst. Cary. NC. Wathes, C. M., Howard, K., Jones, C. D. R. and Webster, A. J. F. 1983. Ventilation, air hygiene and animal health. Veterinary Record 113. 554-559.
- Scheepens, C. J. M. 1991. Effects of draught as climatic stressor on the health status of weaned pigs. Thesis University of Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Wathes, C. M., Miller, B. G. and Bourne, F. J. 1989. Cold stress and post-weaning diarrhoea in piglets inoculated orally or by aerosol. Animal Production 49. 483-496.
- Zeitler, M. 1988. Hygienifische bedeutung des staubes-und keimgehaltes der bayerisches Landwirtschaftliches Jahrbuch. 65:151-165.
- 농림부. 2001. 농림수산통계연보
- 최홍림, 송준익, 김현태, 안희권, 고석영. 1999. 우리나라 중부지장 돈사의 구조 및 환경실태조사. 축산시설환경학회지. 5(1):1-15
- 한정대. 이덕수. 권두중, 강희설, 이진우, 최희철, 서옥석, 유용희. 1995. 축산시설 장비 및 분뇨처리 실태조사. 농진청 축산기술연구소. 축산시험연구보고서