- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Factors for Seasonal Meat Color Characteristics in Hanwoo(Korean Cattle) Beef using Decision Tree Method
의사결정나무분석기법을 이용한 계절별 한우육의 육색 특성에 미치는 요인분석
- Kim, Seok-Jung (Institute of Animal Resources, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Sun (Institute of Animal Resources, Kangwon National University) ;
- Song, Young-Han (Division of Animal Resource Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lee, Sung-Ki (Department of Animal Food Science and Technology, Kangwon National University)
- Published : 2002.10.31
This study analyzed the effects of pH, sex, backfat thickness, ribeye area, cold carcass weight, shipping month, muscle internal temperature, average daily temperature, and average relative humidity for slaughtered Hanwoo to meat color by season. The analyses focused on interaction and each effect to meat color of the factors. For the result for analysis of multiple linear regressions, meat color values were decreased as pH increased in all meat color, and the meat color values increased as the backfat thickness was increased. As the results of the decision tree analysis by each factor, cow and steer slaughtered in spring and autumn were the highest in the lightness(L*). The redness(a*) was the cases that pH was less than 5.63 and average relative humidity was over than 71.5% for Hanwoo slaughtered in autumn. The chroma(C*) value was the highest for Hanwoo that was slaughtered in summer and autumn, the pH was less than 5.60, and the back fat thickness was over than 8 mm. The hue angle(
Decision tree;Meat color;Hanwoo beef
- 강현철, 한상태, 최종후, 김은석, 김미경. 1999. SAS Enterprise Miner를 이용한 데이터마이닝 －방법론 및 활용－. 자유아카데미. p. 197.
- 김대곤, 정근기, 성삼경, 최창본, 김성겸, 김덕영, 최봉재. 1996. 한국축산학회지. 38(3):239.
- 이종문, 박범영, 유영모, 김동훈, 김용곤, 이무하, 박구부, 정연후. 1998. 암적색육 발생 한우의 도체특성과 호르몬 수준. 축산기술연구논문집. 40 (1):51.
- 이종문, 유영모, 박범영, 김진형, 김용곤, 최양일, 이무하. 1998. 성과 출하체중에 따른 한우 도체특성 연구. 축산기술연구논문집. 40(2):35.
- Anderson, B. E. 1984. Temperature regulation and environmental physiology. In Dukes Physiology of Domestic Animals, M. J. Swenson(Ed.), Cornell University Press, U.S.A., p. 719-727.
- Aziz, N. N. and Ball, R. O. 1995. Effects of backfat thickness and carcass weight on the chemical composition and quality of the meat from culled sows. Canadian Journal of Animal Science. 75:191.
- Cornforth, D. P. 1994. Color: Its basis and importance. In Quality attributes and their measurement in meat, poultry and fish products. Advances in meat research series, A. M. Pearson and T. R. Dutson(Ed.), Blackie Academic & Professional, Glasgow, U.K., p. 34-39.
- Fabiansson, S., Erichsen, I., Reuterswrd, A. L. and Malmfors, G. 1984. The incidence of dark cutting beef in Sweden. Meat Science. 10:21.
- Giddings. G. 1977. Symposium: the basis of quality in muscle foods. The basis of color in muscle foods. Journal of Food Science. 42(2):288.
- Hood, D. E. and Tarrant, P. V. 1980. The problem of dark-cutting in beef. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Haugue, Germany, p. 319.
- Jones, S. D. M. and Tong, A. K. W. 1989. Factors influencing the commercial incidence of dark-cutting beef. Canadian Journal of Animal Science. 69:649. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjas89-078
- Kass, G. 1980. An exploratory technique for investigating large quantities of categorical data. Applied Statistics. 29(2):119.
- Lawrie, R. A. 1958. Physiological stress in relation to dark-cutting beef. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 9:721.
- Mitsumoto, M. 1992. Studies on measurement and improvement of beef quality. Ph. D. Dissertion in Kyoto University. Japan.
- Munns, W. O. and Burrell, D. E. 1966. The incidence of dark-cutting beef. Food Technology. 20:1601.
- Murray, A. C. 1989. Factors affecting beef color at time of grading. Canadian Journal of Animal Science. 69:347.
- Renerre, M. 1986. Influence de facteurs bio- logiques et technologiques sur la couleur de la viande bovine. Bulletin Technique C.R.Z.V. Theix, I.N.R.A. 65:41.
- Renerre, M. 1990. Review: Factors involved in the discoloration of beef meat. International journal of Food Science and Technology. 25:613.
- SAS. 2000a. SAS/STAT User's Guide. Version 8, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, U.S.A.
- SAS. 2000b. Getting Started with Enterprise Miner Software. Release 4.1, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, U.S.A.
- Song, Y. H., Kim, S. J. and Lee, S. K. 2002. Evaluation of ultrasound for prediction of carcass meat yield and meat quality in Korean Native Cattle(Hanwoo). Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science. 15(4):591.
- Tarrant, P. V. 1981. The occurrence, causes and economic consequences of dark cutting beef - A survey of current information. In The problem of dark cutting beef. D. E. Hood and P. V. Tarrant, Martinus-Nijhoff Publishers, Hague, Germany, p. 3-34.
- Tarrant, P. V. and Sherington, J. 1980. An investigation of ultimate pH in the muscles of commercial beef carcasses. Meat Science. 4:287.
- Effects of Feeding Rye Silage on Growth Performance, Blood, and Carcass Characteristics in Finishing Pigs vol.27, pp.2, 2007, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.2.235