- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Production of a Specific Yolk Antibody against Enterotoxigenic E. coli F41 Fimbrial Antigen
장독성대장균 F41 섬모항원에 대한 특이난황항체 생산
- Shin, S.O. (Department of Animal Science and Resources, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, J.W. (Department of Animal Science and Resources, Dankook University)
- Published : 2002.10.31
Enteric colibacillosis has economically become an important disease of young animals as a result of increasing intensification of farrowing management. The objective of this experiment is to isolate fimbrial antigen from enterotoxigenic E. coli F41, to develop specific polyclonal IgY which can effectively neutralize or reduce the proliferation of pathogens in feed or living animal system, and to apply IgY technologies to animal industry. The results obtained were as follows: The molecular weight of the purified F41 antigen was 29,500 dalton on sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gels. Fimbrial antigen was confirmed by the western blot method. It was observed that after immunization the level of serum antibody titer of laying hen was shown in two weeks and gradually increased. The antibody titer in egg yolk appeared two weeks after it was shown in serum antibody. The titers of egg yolk antibody were gradually increased to the maximum level of 320,000 (antigen 50
E. coli;F41;Fimbrial antigen;IgY;Egg yolk
- Chidlow, J. W. and Poter, P. 1977. Uptake of maternal antibody by the neonatal pig following intramuscular and intramammary vaccination of the preparturient sow. Res. Vet. Sci. 23:185-190.
- Denrke, C. F., Mcgowan, K. and Larson A. D. 1984. Attachment of human and pig(K88) enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strains to either human or porcine small intestinal cells. Infect. Immun. 45:522-524.
- Frits, K., De Graaf, F. K. and Roorda, I. 1982. Production, purification, and characterization of the fimbrial adhesive antigen F41 isolated from calf enterophathogenic Escherichia coil strain B41M. Infect. Immun. 36(2):751-758.
- Gaastra, W. and De Graaf. F. K. 1982. Host-specific fimbrial adhesions of noninvasive enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strains. Micro. Rev. 46(2):129-161.
- Gershoni, J. M. and Palade, G. E. 1983. Protein Blotting : Principles and Application. Anal. Bio- chem. 131:1-15.
Kim, J. W., Jin, L. Z., Cho, S. H. and Marquardt, R. R. 1999. Use of chicken egg-yolk antibodies against
$K88^+$fimbrial antigen for quantitative analysis of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli(ETEC) $K88^+$by a sandwich ELISA. J. Sci. Agic. 79:1513-1518. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0010(199908)79:11<1513::AID-JSFA396>3.0.CO;2-0
- Kuhlman, R., Wiedemann, V., Schmidt, P. and Wanke, R. 1988. Chicken egg antibodies for prophylaxis and therapy of infectious intestinal diseases. Ⅰ. Immunization and antibody deter- mination. J. Vet. Med. 35:610-616.
- Laemmli, U. K. 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature (London) 227:680-685. https://doi.org/10.1038/227680a0
- Larsson, A., Balow, R. W., Linda, T. L. and Forsberg, P. O. 1988. Chicken antibodies ; taking advantage of evolution a review. Poultry Sci. 72:1807-1812.
- Mancini, G., Carbonora, A. O. and Heremans, T. 1965. Immunochemical quantification of antigen by single radial immunodiffision. Immunoche- mistry 2:235.
Marquardt, R. R., Jin, L. Z., Kim, J. W. and Fang, L. 1999. Passive protective effect of egg-yolk antibodies against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli
$K88^+$infection in neonatal and early-weaned piglets. FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol. 23:283-288.
- Nagy, B., Moon, H. W. and Isaacson, R. E. 1978. Immunization of sucking pigs against enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infection by vaccinating dams with purified pili. Infect. Immun. 21:269-274.
- Robert, E. A. and Rocky, S. T. 1995. Ultrafast protein determinations using microwave enhancement. Molecular Biotechnology. Humana Press Inc. 17-24.
- Rose, M. E., Orlans, E. and Buttress, N. 1974. Immunoglobulin classes in the hen’s egg : their segregation in yolk and white. Eur. J. Immunol. 4:521-523.
- Schade, R., Staak, C. and Hendriksen, C. 1996. The production of avian(egg yolk) antibodies : IgY, The Report and Recommendations of ECVAM Workshop 21. ATLA (24):925-934.
- Shimizu, M., Fitzsimmons, C. R. and Nakai, S. 1988. Anti-E. coli immunoglobulin Y isolated egg yolk immunized chickens as a potential food ingredient. J. Food Sci. 53:1360-1366.
- Sojka, W. J. 1973. Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli in man and Animals. Can. Inst. Food Sci. Technol. 6:52.
- Wang, K., Hoppe, C. A., Datta, P. K., Fogelstrom, A. and Lee, Y. C. 1986. Identi- fication of the major mannose-binding proteins from chicken egg yolk and chicken serum as immunoglobulins. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. 83:9670- 9674. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.83.24.9670
- Yokoyama, H, Peralta, R. C. and Diaz, R. 1992. Passive protective effect of chicken egg yolk immunoglobulins against experimental enterotoxi- genic Escherichia coli infection in neonatal piglets. Infect Immun. 60:998-1007.
- 김용곤. 1999. 산란계 면역생리를 이용한 건강식품 개발에 관한 연구. 축산기술연구소 연구보고. 48-49.
- 김정우, 김도균, 김 철. 2000. 장관독성 대장균 K99(F5)의 섬모항원에 대한 특이 난황항체의 생산. 한국동물자원과학회지. 42(3):371-378.
- 김정우. 1998. Salmonella enteritidis의 편모항원에 대한 난황항체의 생산. 한국가금학회지. 25(4): 161-167.
- 윤교복, 김종술, 정동수, 박양주, 이유섭, 한정희. 1998. 돼지에서 대장균 자가백신 효과. 한국가축위생학회지. 21(2):117-126.
- 함희진, 천두성, 채찬희. 1997. 포유자돈 소장에서 분리된 대장균의 섬모항원과 장내독소 분포양상. 대한수의학회지. 37(4):779-784.