- Volume 44 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Cu and Zn-Methionine Chelates Supplementation on the Performance of Broiler Chickens
사료 內 Cu 및 Zn-Methionine Chelates 첨가가 육계의 생산성에 미치는 영향
- Hong, S.J. (Department of Animal Science, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lim, H.S. (Department of Animal Science, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Paik, I.K. (Department of Animal Science, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University)
- Published : 2002.08.31
An experiment was conducted to investigate the effects of supplemental copper or/and zinc methionine chelates(Cu-Met or/and Zn-Met) on the performance, nutrient digestibility, serum IgG level, gizzard erosion, and the contents of Cu and Zn in liver and excreta of broiler chickens. One thousand d-old broiler chickens (Ross
- Ahn, S. H., Um, J. S., Kim, D. H. and Paik, I. K. 1998. Effects of the sources and levels of supplemental zinc on the performance of weanling pigs. Korean J. Anim. Sci. 40(1):9-20.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Method of Analysis, 15th ed. Association of Official Analysis Chemist. Washington D. C.
- Aoyagi, S. and Baker, D. H. 1993. Protective effect of copper-amino acid complexes against inhibitory effects of L-cysteine and ascorbic acid. Poultry Sci. 72(Suppl. 1):82(Abstr).
- Carlson, M. S., Hill, G. M., Link, J. E., McCully, G. A., Rozeboom, D. W. and Weavers, R. L. 1995. Impact of zinc oxide and copper sulfate supplementation on the newly weaned pig. J. Anim. Sci. 73(Suppl. 1): 72.
- Ferket, P. R. and Qureshi, M. A. 1992. Effect of level of inorganic and organic zinc and manganese on the immune function of turkey toms. Poul. Sci. 71(Suppl. 1): 60.
- Fisher, C. 1973. Use of copper sulfate as a growth promotor for broilers. Feedstuffs. July 16:24-25.
- Fisher, C. and Laursen-Jones, A. P. 1973. The effect of copper sulphate on performance and the structures of the gizzard in broiler. Br. Poult. Sci., 14:55-68. https://doi.org/10.1080/00071667308415998
- Hahn, J. D. and Baker, K. H. 1993. Growth and plasma zinc responses of young pigs fed pharmacologic levels of zinc. J. Anim. Sci. 71: 3020.
- Hatfield, P. G., Swenson, C. K., Kott, R. W., Ansotegui, R. P., Roth, N. J. and Robinson, B. L. 2001. Zinc and copper status in ewes supplemented with sulfate- and amino acid- complexed forms of zinc and copper. J. Anim. Sci. 79:261-266. https://doi.org/10.2527/2001.791261x
- LeMieux, F. M., Ellison, L. V., Ward, T. L., Southern, L. L. and Bidner, T. D. 1995. Excess dietary zinc for pigs weaned at 28 days. J. Anim. Sci. 73(Suppl. 1): 72.
- Mancini, G., Carbonara, A. O. and Heremans, J. F. 1965. Immunochemical quantitation of antigens by single radial immunodiffusion. Immunoche- mistry 2:235-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-2791(65)90004-2
- NRC. 1994. Nutrient Requirements of Poultry(9th Ed.). National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- NRC. 1998. Nutrient Requirements of Swine(10th Ed.). National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Paik, I. K. 2001. Application of Chelated Minerals in Animal Production. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(Special Issue): 191-198.
- Paik, I. K., Seo, S. H., Um, J. S., Chang, M. B. and Lee, B. H. 1999. Effects of supplementary copper-chelate on the performance and cholesterol levels in plasma and breast muscle of broiler chickens. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 12(5):794- 798. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1999.794
- Pimentel, J. L., Cook, M. E. and Greger, J. L. 1990. Research Note: Bioavailability of Zinc- Methionine for Chicks. Poul. Sci. 70: 1637-1639.
- Smith, J. W. Ⅱ., Tokach, M. D., Goodband, R. D., Nelssen, J. L. Jr. Nessmith, Owen, K. Q. and Richert, B. T. 1995. The effect of increasing zinc oxide supplementation on starter pig growth performance. J. Anim. Sci. 67:835.
- Wedekind, K. J., Hortin, A. E. and Baker, D. H. 1992. Methodology for assessing zinc bio- availability: efficacy estimates for zinc-methionine, zinc sulfate, and zinc oxide. J. Anm. Sci. 70: 178-187. https://doi.org/10.2527/1992.701178x
- Zhou, W., Kornegay, E. T., Lindemann, M. D., Swinkels, J. W. G. M., Welton, M. K. and Wong, E. A. 1994. Stimulation of growth by intrave-nous injection of copper in weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 72:2395-2403. https://doi.org/10.2527/1994.7292395x
- Effects of Copper and Zinc Supplementation on Growth Performance, Nutrient Digestibility, Meat and Carcass Characteristics in Finishing Pigs vol.27, pp.3, 2007, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.3.284
- Effects of Copper and Zinc Sources on Growth Performance, Nutrient Digestibility, Carcass Traits and Meat Characteristics in Finishing Pigs vol.28, pp.1, 2008, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.1.27
- Effects of supplemental copper-methionine chelate and copper-soy proteinate on the performance, blood parameters, liver mineral content, and intestinal microflora of broiler chickens vol.20, pp.1, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3382/japr.2010-00177
- The effect of feed supplementation with a copper-glycine chelate and copper sulphate on selected humoral and cell-mediated immune parameters, plasma superoxide dismutase activity, ceruloplasmin and cytokine concentration in broiler chickens pp.09312439, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/jpn.12750