- Volume 44 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Identification of the Differentially Expressed Genes of Hanwoo During the Growth Stage by Subtractive cDNA Hybridization
Subtraction 기법을 이용한 한우 성장 단계 특이 발현 유전자 탐색
- Jang, Y.S. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Kim, T.H. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Yoon, D.H. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Park, E.W. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Cheong, I.C. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Jo, J.K. (Department of animal science, Kyungpook National University)
- 장요순 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 김태헌 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 윤두학 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 박응우 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 정일정 (농촌진흥청 축산기술연구소) ;
- 조진기 (경북대학교 동물공학과)
- Published : 2002.02.28
To identify the differentially expressed genes at growth stage of Hanwoo, we constructed the subtractive cDNA library from loin mRNA of 12- and 24-month old Hanwoo by PCR-based subtraction. The fourteen genes were confirmed by sequencing and reverse northern blot analysis, and they were selected as candidate of putative genes differentially expressed at the growth stage of Hanwoo. Three subtracted cDNA fragments that expressed specific signal to cDNA probe for 6-month-old loin of Hanwoo were highly homologous to those of the genes encoding EPV 20, Ca2＋ATPase, and TCTP, respectively. The nine cDNA clones showed intense signal to cDNA probe from 12-month-old loin of Hanwoo, and highly homologus to those of genes encoding VCP, HSP 70, aldolase A, MSSK1, GM-2 activator protein, ryanodine receptor, acidic ribosomal phosphoprotein p1, ADP/ATP translocase, and UCP 2, respectively. Two subtracted cDNA clones that expressed specific signal to cDNA probes for 12- and 24-month-old loin of Hanwoo were detected. One of them was highly homologus to the gene encoding ferrochelatase and the other was highly homologus to the gene encoding ADRP.
Hanwoo;Growth stage;Differentially expressed gene;Subtraction
- Bauer, D., Warthoe, P., Rohde, L. and Struss, M. 1994. PCR methods and Applications(Cold Spring Harbor Lab. Press, Plainview, NY), Supplememt, pp. S97-S108.
- Bertioli, D. J., Schichter, U. H. A., Adams, M. J., Burrows, P. R., Steinbiss, H. H. and Antoniw, J. F. 1995. An analysis of differential display shows a strong bias towards high copy number mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 23:4520-4523. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/23.21.4520
- Boss, O., Samec, S., Paoloni-Giacobino, A., Rossier, C., Dulloo, A., Seydoux, J., Muzzin, P. and Giacobino, J. P. 1997. Uncoupling protein-3: a new member of the mitochondrial carrier family with tissue-specific expression. FEBS Lett. 408(1): 39-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-5793(97)00384-0
- Bouchard, C., Perusse, L., Chagnon, Y. C., Warden, C. and Ricquier, D. 1997. Linkage between markers in the vicinity of the uncoupling protein 2 gene and resting metabolic rate in humans. Hum. Mol. Genet. 6(11):1887-1889.
- Chirgwin, J. M., Przybyla, A. E., MacDonald, R. J. and Rutter, W. J. 1979. Isolation of biologically active ribonucleic acid from sources enriched in ribonuclease. Biochemistry 18:5294- 5299. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi00591a005
- Diatchenko, L., Lau, Y. F., Campbell, A. P., Chenchik, A., Moqadam, F., Huang, B., Lukyanov, S., Lukyanov, K., Gurskaya, N., Sverdlov, E. D. and Siebert, P. D. 1996. Suppression subtractive hybridization: A method for generating differentially regulated or tissue-specific cDNA probes and libraries. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93(12):6025-6030. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.93.12.6025
- Duguin, J. L. and Dinauer M. C. 1990. Library subtraction of in vitro cDNA libraries to identify differentially expressed genes in scrapie infection. Nucleic Acids Res. 18:2789-2792.
- Enerback, S., Jacobsson, A., Simpson, E. M., Guerra, C., Yamashita, H., Harper, M. E. and Kozak, L. P. 1997. Mice lacking mitochondrial uncoupling protein are cold-sensitive but not obese. Nature 387(6628):90-94. https://doi.org/10.1038/387090a0
- Egan, J. J., Greenberg, A. S., Chang, M. K. and Londos, C. 1990. Control of endogenous phosphorylation of the major cAMP-dependent protein kinase substrate in adipocytes by insulin and beta-adrenergic stimulation. J. Biol. Chem. 265: 18769-18775.
- Fleury, C., Neverova, M., Collins, S., Raimbault, S., Champigny, O., Levi-Meyruels, C., Bouillaud, F., Seldin, M. F., Suirwit, R. S., Ricquier, D. and Warden, C. H. 1997. Uncoupling protein-2: a novel gene linked to obesity and hyperinsulinemia. Nature Genetics 15:269-272.
- Gimeno, R. E., Dembski, M., Weng, X., Deng, N., Shyjan, A. W., Gimeno, C. J., Iris, F., Ellis, S. J., Woolf, E. A. and Tartaglia, L. A. 1997. Cloning and characterization of an uncoupling protein homolog: a potential molecular mediator of human thermogenesis. Diabetes 46(5):900-906.
- Gong, D. W., He, Y. and Reitman, M. L. 1999. Genomic organization and regulation by dietary fat of the uncoupling protein 3 and 2 genes. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 256(1):27-32. https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.1999.0239
- Gong D. W., He Y., Karas M. and Reitman M. 1997. Uncoupling protein-3 is a mediator of thermogenesis regulated by thyroid hormone, beta3-adrenergic agonists, and leptin. J. Biol. Chem. 272(39):24129-24132.
- Hara, E., Kato, T., Nakada, S., Sekiya, L. and Oda, K. 1991. Subtractive cDNA cloning using oligo(dT)30-latex and PCR; isolation of cDNA clones specific to undifferentiated human embryonal carcinoma cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 19: 7097-7104.
- Hendrick, S. M., Cohen, D. I., Nielsen, E. L. and Davis, M. M. 1984. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding T cell-specific membrane-associated proteins. Nature 308:149-153. https://doi.org/10.1038/308149a0
- Horecker, B. L., Tsolas, O. and Lai, C. Y. 1972. In The Enzymes, Boyer, P. D. Ed., Academiv Press, New York. Vol. 7, pp. 213-258. in Minoru S., Tsunehiro, M. and Katsuji, H. (ed.) Biochem. Biophy. Res. Comm (BBRC) (1985) Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA clone for human aldolase : A messagenger RNA in the liver. 131(1):413-420.
- Hubank, M. and Schatz, D. G. 1994. Identifying differences in mRNA expression by representational difference analysis of cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 22:5640-5648. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/22.25.5640
- Jiang H. P. and Serrero G. 1992. Isolation and characterization of a full-length cDNA coding for an adipose differentiation-related protein. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 89(17):7856-7860.
- Kirchhoff, C., Osterhoff, I., Habben, I. and Ivell, R. 1990. Cloning and analysis of mRNA expressed specifically in the human epididymis. Int. I. Androl. 13:155-167, in Larsen L. B., Raven P., Boisen A., Berglund L. and Petersen T. E. (ed.) Eur. J. Biochem. (1997) 243(1-2): 437-441. Primary structure of EPV20, a secretory glycoprotein containing a previously uncharaterized type of domain.
- Larsen, L. B., Raven, P., Boisen, A., Berglund, L. and Petersen T. E. 1997. Primary structure of EPV20, a secretory glycoprotein containing a previously uncharaterized type of domain. Eur. J. Biochem. 243(1-2):437-441.
- Liang, P., Averboukh, L., Keyomarsi, K., Sager, R. and Pardee, A. B. 1992. Differential display and cloning of messenger RNAs from human breast cancer versus mammary epithelial cells. Cancer Res 52(24):6966-8.
- Lisitsyn, N., Lisitsyn, L. and Wigler, M. 1993. Cloning the differences between two complex genomes. Science 259:946-951.
- Minoru, S., Tsunehiro, M. and Katsuji, H. 1985. Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA clone for human aldolase : A messagenger RNA in the liver. Biochem. Biophy. Res. Comm (BBRC) (1985) 131(1):413-420.
- Millet, L., Vidal, H., Andreelli, F., Larrouy, D., Riou, J. P., Ricquier, D., Laville, M. and Langin, D. 1997. Increased uncoupling protein-2 and -3 mRNA expression during fasting in obese and lean humans. J. Clin. Invest. 100(11):2665- 2670.
- Sturzenbaum, S. R., Kille, P. and Morgan, A. J. 1998. Identification of heavy metal induced changes in the expression patterns of the translationally controlled tumor protein (TCTP) in the earthworm Lumbricus rubellus 1. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1398(3):294-304. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-4781(98)00077-3
- Thiele, H., Berger, M., Lenzner, C., Kuhn, H. and Thiele, B. J. 1998. Structure of the promoter and complete sequence of the gene coding for the rabbit translationally controlled tumor protein (TCTP) P23. Eur. J. Biochem. 257(1):62-68. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1432-1327.1998.2570062.x
- von Stein, O. D., Thies, W. G. and Hofmann, M. 1997. A high throughput screening for rarely transcribed differentially expressed genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 25(13):2598-2602.
- Welsh, J., Chada, K., Dalal, S. S., Ralph, D., Cheng, L. and McClelland, M. 1992. Arbitrarily primed PCR fingerprinting of RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 20:4965-4970.
- 축산기술연구소. 1997. 1997년 축산시험연구보고서. p160-165.