- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Dietary Protein-Energy Balance by Milk Urea Nitrogen and Protein Contents in Dairy Cow
젖소의 우유 중 단백질과 요소태질소 측정에 의한 사료의 에너지와 단백질 균형 상태 예측
- Moon, J.S. (National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service) ;
- Joo, Y.S. (National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service) ;
- Kang, H.M. (National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service) ;
- Jang, G.C. (National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service) ;
- Kim, J.M. (National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service) ;
- Lee, B.K. (Agribrands Purina Korea, Inc.) ;
- Park, Y.H. (College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University) ;
- Son, C.H. (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University)
- 문진산 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 주이석 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 강현미 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 장금찬 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 김종만 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 이보균 (애그리브랜드 퓨리나코리아) ;
- 박용호 (서울대학교 수의과대학) ;
- 손창호 (전남대학교 수의과대학)
- Published : 2002.10.31
Milk urea nitrogen (MUN) and Milk protein (MP) are being used as indicators of the protein-energy balance and for actual farm feeding practices. The purpose of this study was to investigate the MUN and MP concentrations of individual cows and bulk tank milk to evaluate the dietary protein-energy balance from lactating Holstein cows. Mean MUN and MP concentrations in the milk samples obtained from 132,636 cows of 4,856 herd during Jan. 1999 to Dec. 2001 were 16.2 5.2mg/dl and 3.30 0.35%, respectively. The highest values were found during summer and lowest valued during winter in MUN. But, the average contents of MP were the highest during winter and the lowest during summer. In order to evaluate protein-energy balance for feeding, we set the level of recommended MP range of 2.90
Cow;Milk urea nitrogen;Milk protein
- Aldrich, J. M., Muller, L. D. and Varga, G. A. 1993. Nonstructual carbohydrate and protein effects on rumen fermentation, nutrition flow, and performance of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 76:1091.
- Baker, L. D., Ferguson, J. D. and Chalupa, W. 1995. Responses in urea and true protein of milk to different feeding schemes for dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 78:2424.
- Batajoo, K. K. and Shaver, R. D. 1993. Impact of nonfiber carbohydrate on intake, digestion, and milk production by dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 77:1580.
- Broderick, G. A. and Clayton, M. K. 1997. A statistical evaluation of animal and nutritional factors influencing concentrations of milk urea nitrogen. J. Dairy Sci. 80:2964.
- Carroll, D. J. B., Barten, B. A., Anderson, G. W. and Smith, R. D. 1988. Influence of protein intake and feeding strategy on reproductive per- formance of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 71:3470.
- DePeters, E. J. and Ferguson, J. D. 1992. Non- protein nitrogen and protein distribution in the milk of cows. J. Dairy Sci, 75:3192.
- Eicher, R., Bouchard, E. and Bigras-Poulin, M. 1999. Factor affecting milk urea nitrogen and protein concentration in Quebec dairy cows. Pre Vet Med. 39:53.
- Ferguson, J. D., Blanchard, D. T., Galligan, D. C., Hoshall, D. C. and Chalupa, W. 1988. Infertility in dairy cattle fed a high percentage of protein degradable in the rumen. JAVMA, 192:659.
- Godden, S. M., Lissemore, K. D., Kelton, D. F., Leslie, K. E. and Walton, J. S, Lumsden, J. H. 2001. Relationships between milk urea concen- trations and nutritional management, production, and economic variables in ontario dairy herds. J. Dairy Sci, 84:1128.
- Goff, J. P. and Horst, R. L. 1997. Physiological change at parturition and their relationship to metabolic disorder. J Dairy Sci, 80:1260.
- Hamann, J. and Kromker, V. 1997. Potential of specific milk composition variables for cow health management. Lives Prod Sci, 48:201.
- Heuer, C., Van Straalen, W. M., Schukken, Y. H., Dirkzwager, A. and Nooordhuizen, JPTM. 2000. Prediction of energy balance in high yielding dairy cow with test-day information. J. Dairy Sci, 84:471.
- Hof, G., Vervoorn, M. D., Lenaers, P. J. and Tamminga, S. 1997. Milk urea nitrogen as a tool to monitor the protein nutrition of dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 80:3333.
- Jeong, H. Y., Kim, J. S., Ahn, B. S., Yeon, S. H., Rhy, I. S., Son, D. S. and Leong, Y. H. 1988. The effect of dietary energy and protein levels during mid lactation on milk performance and embryo production of dairy cows. The 8th World Conference of Animal Production Pro- ceeding. Contributed papers p476.
- Jonker, J. S., Kohn, R. A. and Erdman, R. A. 1999. Milk urea nitrogen Target concentration for dairy cows fed according to national research council recommendations. J Dairy Sci. 82:1261.
- Larson, S. F., Butler, W. R. and Currie, W. B. 1997. Reduced fertility associated with low pro- gesterone postbreeding and increased milk urea nitrogen in lactating cows. J Dairy Sci. 80:1288.
- Lean, L. J., Bruss, M. L., Baldwin, R. L. and Troutt, H. F. 1991. Bovine ketosis: a review. I. Epidemiology and pathogenesis. Vet Bull, 61: 1209.
- Lucy, M. C. 1999. Reproductive loss in high- producing dairy cattle: Where will it end ? J. Dairy Sci, 84:1277.
- Ng-Kwai-Hang., Hayes, K. F, Moxley, J. E. and Monardes, H. G. 1985. Percentages of protein and nonprotein nitrogen with varying fat and somatic cells in bovine milk. J Dairy Sci. 68:1257.
- Nishibu, J. 1998. Current status of MUN utiliz- ation in Japan, Tokachi Federation of Agricultural Cooperative. Japan. 제2차 MUN 연구회.
- Oltner, R. and Wiktorsson, H. 1983. Urea concentrations in milk and blood as influenced feeding varying amounts of protein and energy to dairy cows. Lives Prod Sci. 10:457.
- Ostergaard, S. and Grohn, Y. T. 2000. Con- centration feeding, dry-matter intake, and meta- bolic disorders in Danish dairy cows. Lives Prod Sci. 65:107.
- Poore, M. H., Moore, J. A., Swingle, R. S., Eck, T. P. and Brown, W. H. 1993. Response of lactating Holstein cows to diets varying in fiber source and ruminal starch degradability. J. Dairy Sci. 76:2235.
- Roseler, D. K., Ferguson, J. D., Sniffen, C. J. and Herrema, J. 1993. Dietary protein degra- dability effect on plasma and milk urea nitrogen and milk nonprotein nitrogen in Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci. 76:525.
- Schutz, M. M. 1994. Genetic evaluation of somatic cell scores for united states dairy cattle. J Dairy Sci, 77:2113.
- Tveit, B., Lingaas, F., Svendsen, M. and Sjaastad, O. V. 1992. Etiology of acetonemia in norwegian cattle: Effect of ketogenic silage, season, energy level, and genetic factors. J Dairy Sci, 75:2421.
- Wittwer, F. G., Gallardo, P., Reyes, J. and Opitz, R. 1999. Bulk milk urea concentrations and their relationship with cow fertility in grazing dairy herds in Southern Chile. Pre Vet Med, 38:159.
- Wolfschoon-Pombo, A., Klostermeyer, H. and Buchberger, J. 1981. Urea in the NPN-fraction of cow's milk-determination, content and influence on it, Milchwissenschaft, 36:462.
- 문진산, 주이석, 임숙경, 장금찬, 윤용덕, 위성환, 이보균, 박용호, 손창호. 2000a. 젖소에서 유성분 분석을 통한 영양상태 평가 및 건강관리에 관한 연구. II. 우유 중 단백질과 요소태질소 농도에 영향을 주는 생리적 요인. 한국수의공중보건학회 24:113.
- 문진산, 주이석, 장금찬, 윤용덕, 이보균, 박용호, 손창호. 2000b. 우유 중 단백질과 요소태질소 분석에 의한 젖소의 에너지 및 단백질 균형 상태 평가에 관한 연구. 한국동물자원학회지, 42:499.
- 문진산, 주이석, 장금찬, 윤용덕, 이보균, 박용호, 손창호. 2000c. 젖소에서 유성분 분석을 통한 영양상태 평가 및 건강관리에 관한 연구. III. 고능력우 위주의 대규모 목장에서 우유 중 단백질과 요소태질소 수준이 수태율에 미치는 영향. 대한수의학회. 40:383.
- 문진산, 신종봉, 손창호, 주이석, 강현미, 김종만. 2002. 분만 후 첫 번째 번식검진시 난소 및 자궁 질환에 따른 유성분 수준 비교. 대한수의학회지, 42:163.
- 손용석. 2000. MUN을 이용한 젖소 영양관리의 최적화에 관한 연구, 고려대학교 자연자원연구소.
- 안병석, 최유림, 정하연, 김준식, 정연후. 1998. 홀스타인 젖소에 있어서 능력검정 기간의 유성분 변화. 한국축산학회지, 40:589.
- 이성모, 김동원, 최병렬, 서강문, 홍종태. 2001. 유성분 분석을 통한 젖소 영양상태 및 개체관리에 관한 연구. 대한수의학회지, 41:243.
- 축협. 축산관측 젖소, 1999.
- Effects of Dandelion (Taraxzcum coreanum) Supplementation on Milk Yield,Milk Compositions and Blood Characteristics in Lactating Dairy Cows vol.35, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2015.35.3.217
- Effects of TDN/CP Ratio on Nutrient Intake, Body Weight Gain, Blood Characteristics of Dairy Heifers from 12 to 14 Months of Age vol.36, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2016.36.2.115