- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Growth Curve Characteristics of Bull and Steer of Hanwoo(Korean Cattle)
한우 거세 및 비거세우의 성장곡선 특성
- Kim, N.S. (Dept. of Animal Science, Chungbuk Natl. Univ.) ;
- Ju, J.C. (Dept. of Animal Husbandry, Yonam College of Agriculture) ;
- Song, M.K. (Dept. of Animal Science, Chungbuk Natl. Univ.) ;
- Chung, C.S. (Dept. of Animal Science, Chungbuk Natl. Univ.) ;
- Choi, Y.I. (Dept. of Animal Science, Chungbuk Natl. Univ.) ;
- Park, C.J. (Korean Native caattle Improvement Center)
- Published : 2002.10.31
Body weight-age data from 60 bulls and 60 steer of Hanwoo in the Korean Native Cattle Improvement Center was used to determine the growth curve parameters with Gompertz equation. Estimated growth curve functions were as follows; Bul l :
Growth curve;Gompertz equation;Hanwoo;Korean cattle
- Cho, Y. M. 2001. Ph. D. Dissertation. A Study on Estimation of Growth Curve Parameters and their Relationships with Economic Traits of Hanwoo. Seoul Natl. Univ., Korea.
- Chung, H. W. and Choi, B. S. 1998. Growth Pattern in Hanwoo. Yonam Coll. Agri. J. 17:35.
- Brown, J. E., Fitzhugh, H. A. Jr. and Cartwright, T. C. 1976. A comparison of nonlinear models for describing weight-age relationship in cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 42:810.
- Gompertz, B. 1825. Philos. Trans. Roy. Soc. 115:513. (Cited from Winsor, C. R. 1932. The Compertz curve as a growth curve. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 18:1.)
- Kaps, M., Herring, W. O. and Lamberson, W. R. 2000. Genetic and environmental parameters for traits derived from the Brody growth curve and their relationships with weaning weight in Angus cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 78:1436.
- Kim, N. S. and Ju, J. C. 1996. Simulated biological model development of Hanwoo for system analysis. Korean J. Anim. Sci. 38:359.
- Kim, N. S., Ju, J. C. and Lee, D. H. 1996. Estimation of growth curve parameters in Hanwoo for system analysis. Korean J. Anim. Sci. 38:119.
- Menchaca, M. A., Chase, Jr. C. C., Olson, T. A. and Hammond, A. C. 1996. Evaluation of growth curves of Brahman cattle of various frame sizes. J. Anim. Sci. 74:2140.
- SAS. 1988. SAS Users Guide: Statistics. SAS Inst., Inc., Cary, NC.
- Estimation of Growth Curve Parameters for Evaluation of Withers Height Growth Characteristics of Holstein Heifers in Republic of Korea vol.52, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2018.52.4.73