- Volume 44 Issue 1
This study was conducted to evaluate the feeding value of ascidian tunic shell the effects of its dietary supplementation on laying performance, egg-yolk pigmentation, egg-shell strength and egg taurine content. A total of 168 brown layers at the age of 29wks in commercial cage were fed for 4 wks with 7 different diets containing ascidian tunic shel1(AST) at varying levels of 0
Ascidian tunic shell;Egg-shell strength;Egg-yolk pigmentation;Taurine enrichment
- Choi, B. D., Kang S. J., Choi. Y. J., Youm, M. G. and Lee, K. H. 1994. Utilization of Ascidian Tunic(Halocynthia roretzi) 4. The stability of Ascidian Tunic extract. Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. 27(4):351.
- Hamilton, R. M. G., Hollands, K. G., Voisey, P. W. and Graunder, A. A. 1979 Relationship between egg shell quality and shell breakage and factors that affect breakage in the field. Word’s Poul. Sci 35:177.
- Hatzipanagiotou, A. and Hartfiel, W. 1984. Deposition of a carotenoid into the egg yolk from the body stores by providing ration with fresh or strong oxidated soya oil. European Poultry Sci. 48:155.
- Hempe, J. M., Lauxen, R. C. and Savage, J. E., 1988. Rapid determination of egg weight and specific gravity using a computerized data collection system. Poultry Sci. 67:902. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0670902
- Herrick, G. M. 1971. Repletion and depletion of pigmentation in broiler skin and shanks. Poultry Sci. 50:1467.
- Hester, P., Wilson, E. K., Pierson, F. W. and Fabijanska, I. 1980. Plasma inorganic phosphate, calcium, and magnesium levels of hens which laid soft-shelled or shell-less eggs, Poultry. Sci. 59: 2336.
- Hong, J. L., Bi, Y. C., Hui, W. Y., Feng, H. Y. and Xing, X. L. 1995. Determination of amino acid in food and feed by derivation with 6-amino-quinoyl-N-hydroxy succinimidyl carbonate and reversed-phase liquid chromatographic separation. J. of AOAC International 78(3):736.
- Hunton, P. 1995. Understanding the architecture of the egg shell. World’s J of Poultry. Sci. 51(2): 141.
- Karunajeewa, H. 1977. Effect or rearing regime, a chetating agent and the source of supplemental calcium and protein in the laying diet on egg shell thickness and performance of crossbred layers. Aust. J. Exp. Agric. Anim. Husb. 17:934.
- Lewis, P. D., Perry, G. C. and Morris, T. R. 1994 Lighting and egg shell quality. World's J of Poultry. Sci. 50(3):288.
- Linda, S. T. and Leo, S. J. 1992. Influence of dietary taurine on performance and fat retention in broilers and turkey poults varying levels of fat. 1992. Poultry Sci. 71(5):880.
- Maurice, D. V., Joncs, J. E., Dillon, C. R. and Weber, J. M. 1984. Chemical composition and nutritional value of Brazilian Elodea(Egeria densa) for the chick. Poultry Sci. 63:317.
- McDowell, L. R., Lizama, L. C., Marion, J. E. and Wilcox, C. J. 1990. Utilization of aquatic plants Elodea canadensis and hydrilla verticillata in diets for laying hens. 1. Performance and egg-yolk pigmentation. Poultry Sci. 69:673.
- National Research Countil. 1994. Nutrient requirements of poultry. 9th edition. Natl. Acad. Sci. Washington, DC., U.S.A. p 19.
- Orban, J. I., Roland, D. A., Cummins, K. and Lovell, R. T. 1993. Influence of large doses of ascorbic acid on performance, plasma calcium, bone characteristics, and eggshell quality in broilers and leghorn hens. Poultry. Sci. 72(4):691.
- Packer, L. 1992. Method in enzymology. Academic press, p. 312.
- Roche Com. 1988. Egg yolk pigmentation with carophyll, Brochure p1218.
- Silversides, F. G., Twizeyimana, F. and Villeneuve, P. 1993. Research note : A study relating validity of haugh unit correction for egg weight in fresh eggs. Poultry. Sci. 72(4):760.
- Subudhi, B. P. R. and Singh, P. K. 1978. Nutritive value of the water fern Azolla pinnata for chicks. Poultry Sci. 57:378.
- Tufft, L. S. and Jensen, L. S. 1992. Influence of dietary taurine on performance and fat retention in broilers and turkey poults fed varying levels of fat. Poultry. Sci. 71(5):880.
- 김은진. 1998. 타우린 첨가에 따른 고지방식 랫트와 자연발생 고혈압 랫트(SHR)의 생리적 변화에 미치는 영향. 부경대학교 석사학위논문.
- 오봉국. 1988. 현대가금학. 문운당. 서울.
- The Effects of the Fermentation Broth of Fruits and Vegetables on Antimicrobial Activity and Egg Quality with its Supplementation in Feed vol.52, pp.2, 2009, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2009.014
- Development of Rapid Salting Method for Seasoning Eggs using a Temperature Change Method vol.25, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2012.25.2.393
- Permeation Efficiency of Sea Tangle (Laminaria japonica) Extract into Egg Using Temperature Change Method and Pressure vol.43, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.4.544