- Volume 44 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Organic Acid on Value of VBN, TBARS, Color and Sensory Property of Pork Meat
유기산 처리가 돈육의 VBN, TBARS, 색깔, 관능적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Kang, S.N. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Jang, A. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, S.O. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Min, J.S. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, M. (School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University)
- 강석남 (서울대학교 농생명 공학부) ;
- 장애라 (서울대학교 농생명 공학부) ;
- 이상옥 (서울대학교 농생명 공학부) ;
- 민중석 (서울대학교 농생명 공학부) ;
- 이무하 (서울대학교 농생명 공학부)
- Published : 2002.08.31
The objective of this study was to evaluate the effects of concentration(0, 0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2%)of lactic, citric and acetic acid on chemical and sensory characteristics of fresh pork loins. The pork loins were sprayed with organic acid by a hand sprayer for 15 sec at 30
- Brewer, M. S., Rostogi, B., Argoudelis, L. and Sprouls, G. K. 1995. Sodium lactate/sodium chloride effects on aerobic plate counts and color of aerobically packaged ground pork. J. Food Sci. 60(1):58-60. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1995.tb05606.x
- Code of Federal Regulations. 1993a. Title 9. Animals and animal products. Ch. III, Part 3187.7. Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Record. Administration, Washington, DC.
- Code of Federal Regulations. 1993b Title 21. Food and drugs. Ch. I, Part 184. Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC.
- Eustace, I. J. 1984. Prolongation of storage life of vacuum-package lamb. CSIRO Food Res. Quaterly, 44:60.
- Federal Register. 1996. Pathogene reduction; hazard analysis and critical control point(HACCP) system; final rule. 9 CFR pt. 304. USDA-FSIS. Fed. Regist. 61:38805-38989.
- Food & Drug Administration. 1982. GRAS status of acetic acid, ammonium acetate, sodium acetate, and sodium diacetate. Fed. Regist. 47: 27813.
- Guerrero, I., Mendiolea, R., Ponce, E. and Prado Arely. 1993. Inoculation of lactic acid bacteria on meat surface as a means of decontamination in semitropical conditions. Elsevier Science Publi- shers, London. 30 June. 397-411.
- Hamby, P. L., Savell, J. W., Acuff, G. R., Vanderzant, C. and Cross, H. R. 1987. Spray- chilling and caracas decontamination systems using lactic and acetic acid. Meat Sci. 21:1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(87)90038-6
- Kotula, K. L. and Ravindanath, T. 1994. Microbiological and sensory attributes of retail cuts of beef treated with acetic and lactic acid solutions. J. Food. Prot. 57: 665-670.
- Kemp, J. D, Langlois, B. E., Akers, K. and Aron, D. K. 1989. Effect of storage temperature, time and method of slicing on microbial populations and white film developmentin vacuum packaged, dry-cured ham slices. J. Food. Sci. 54(4):871
- Lee, S. H., Seung, S. K., Kim, D. K., Jo, O. K. and Jeong, Y. S. 1998. Effect of organic acids and vacuum packaging on self life Hanwoo beef. Korean. J. Anim. Sci., 40(3):261-268.
- Mendonca, A. F., Molins, R. A., Kraft, A. A. and Walker, H. W. 1989. Microbiological, chemical, and physical changes in fresh, vacuum-packaged pork treated with oragnic acids and salt. J. Food Sci. 54(1):18-21. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1989.tb08557.x
- SAS. 1995. SAS/STAT Software for PC. Release 6.11, SAS Institute, Cary, NC, U.S.A.
- Smulders, F. J. M. and Woolthuis, C. H. J. 1985. The immediate and delayed microbiological effects of lactic acd decontamination of calf carcasses. The influence on conventionally versus hot boned and vacuum packaged cuts. J. Food Protection, 48: 838-347.
- Witte, V. C., Krause, G. F. and Bailey, M. E. 1970. A new extraction for determining 2- thiobarbituric acid values of pork and beef during storage. J. Food Sci., 35, 582
- 高坂和久. 1975. 肉製品の 鮮度保侍と測定. 食品工業. 18:257.
- 野崎 義孝, 1992. 鷄肉の 鮮度管理. 食肉の科學. 31. 1991.
- Quality Characteristics of Low-Salt and -Fat Meatball Added Black Garlic (Allium sativum L.) during Cold Storage vol.30, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2010.30.6.1031
- The Quality Characteristics of Sausage with Added Black Garlic Extracts vol.27, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2011.27.6.701
- Composition, Structure, and Bioactive Components in Milk Fat Globule Membrane vol.31, pp.1, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.1.001
- Effect of Gas Mixture Ratio of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on Quality of Chicken Breast vol.31, pp.1, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.1.100
- Effects of Rice Bran Fiber on Changes in the Quality Characteristics of Raw Ground Pork during Chilled Storage vol.31, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.3.339
- Effect of Dietary Cracked Whole Barley on the Meat Compositional Properties of Hanwoo Steer Loin Beef vol.53, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.4.357
- Physicochemical Properties and Freshness of Spent Hen's Meat under Frozen or Refrigeration Conditions after Thawing vol.32, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2012.32.4.396
- Antioxidant Activity of Sansa (Crataegi fructus) and Its Application to the Pork Tteokgalbi vol.33, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2013.33.4.531
- Quality Properties and Storage Characteristics of Hamburger Patty Added with Purple Kohlrabi (Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes) vol.42, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.12.1994
- Inhibitory Effects of Organic Acids against Pectinolytic Yeasts Isolated from Decayed Citrus vol.31, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2015.31.1.001
- Study on Quality Characteristics of Tteokgalbi with Black Rice Bran as a Substitute for Caramel Color vol.33, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.4.363
- Effects of Extract of Lactic Acid Bacteria Culture Media on Quality Characteristics of Pork Loin and Antimicrobial Activity against Pathogenic Bacteria during Cold Storage vol.45, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.10.1476
- Inactivation of Cronobacter sakazakii on Apples Using Organic Acid vol.34, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2018.34.1.8