- Volume 27 Issue 5C
In this paper, a novel packet scheduling algorithm, so-called the CSL algorithm is discussed, whereby the firewall property as well as the deterministic delay bound guarantee are supported in session level. Lots of simulation studies validate those properties of the CSL algorithm. The CSL algorithm is distingushable from the well- known EDD scheme in terms of the firewall property. Regarding the implementation complexity, the CSL algorithm turns out to be of 0(1) besides the sorting overhead. Owing to the maintained generic fair queueing structure in the CSL algorithm, a various fair queueing schemes can be applied with minor modification. For the TCP/IP network which is vulnerable to the misbehaving traffic sources, the firewall property of the CSL algorithm is quite useful for the advanced quality of services.
- S. Blake, D. Black, M. Carlson, E. Davies, Z. Wang, and W. Weiss, 'Architecture for Differentiated Services', RFC 2475, IETF, Dec. 1998
- L. Zhang, 'Virtual Clock: A new traffic Control algorithm for packet switching', ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 101-124, May 1991 https://doi.org/10.1145/103720.103721
- A. K. Parekh and R. G. Gallager, 'A Generalized Processor Sharing Approach to Flow Control in Integrated Services Networks: The Single Node Case,' ACM/IEEE Trans. Networldng, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 344-357, June 1993
- H. M. Goldberg, 'Analysis of the earliest due date scheduling rule in queueing systems', Math. Oper. Res., vol. 2, no. 2, 1977
- Jorg Liebeherr, D. W. Wrege and D. Ferrari, 'Exact admission control for networks with a bounded delay service', IEEE Trans. Networking, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 885-901, Dec. 1996 https://doi.org/10.1109/90.556345
- 정대인, '클래스별 서비스 차등제공을 통한 패킷 지연 제어', 한국통신학회논문지, 제26권, 제6A호, pp. 1008-1018, June, 2001
- R. L. Cruz, 'A Calculus for Network Delay, Part I: Network Elements in Isolation,' IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 114-131, Jan. 1991 https://doi.org/10.1109/18.61109
- N. Figueira and J. Pasquale, 'An Upper Bound on Delay for the Virtual Clock Service Discipline,' ACM/IEEE Trans. Networking, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 399-408, Aug. 1995 https://doi.org/10.1109/90.413214
- S. J. Golestani, 'A self-clocked fair queueing scheme for broadband applications,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM'94, Toronto, Canada, June 1994
J. Bennet and H. Zhang, '
$WF^2Q$: Worst-case fair weighted fair queueing,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM'96, pp. 120-128, April 1996
- D. Stiliadis and A. Varma, 'Latency-rate servers:A general model for analysis of traffic scheduling algorithms,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM '96, pp. 111-119, April 1996
- H. Sariowan, R. L. Cruz, and G. C. Polyzos, 'SCED:A generalized scheduling policy for guaranteeing quality-of-service', ACM/IEEE Trans. Networking, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 669-684, Oct. 1999 https://doi.org/10.1109/90.803382