- Volume 38 Issue 4
In order to evaluate the deformation and stiffness of frame structure for fishery, composed of unit platforms which made of two concentric high density polyethylene buoys fixed by clamps and belts and rubber hinge components, under wave, the structural analysis for the square type of the structure was carried out by using finite element methods. The accurate physical properties of rubber hinge components determined by material tests were an important parameter to evaluate more reliable structural stability for the structure. The idealization to beam element with equivalent stiffness and rubber element with linearity for rubber hinges was necessary for the modeling of rubber component which has hyper-elastic characteristics. In addition, it was shown that the structural response of the structure under wave was larger in the hogging condition than that of in the still water or in the sagging condition.
Deformation;Stiffness;Frame structure for fishery;Rubber hinge components;Finite element methods
- Kim, W. D., Kim, W. S. and Lee, H. J. (2001b) : Experimental testing of rubber materials for finite element alalysis, 6th Pusan-Kyungnam Automotive Techno Center (PKATEC) Workshop on Automotive Technology. Pusan National University, 67-84 (in Korean).
- Ormberg, H.(1991): Non-linear response analysis of floating fish farm systems. Ph. D. thesis. Division of Marine Structures. The Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, 54-79.
- Fujita, S., Fukahori, K. and Nishinokubi, H. (1991) : Tension of the mooring ropes on the net cage model of raft type in regular waves. Nippon Suisan Gakkashi 57(12). 2229-2235 (in Japanese). https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.57.2229
- Matsubara, Y.(1990): Dynamic response of offshore fish cage in the regular wave, Journal of the Japan Coastal Engineering Society 37, 714-718.
- Tsukrov I., Mustafa, O. Fredriksson, D., Swift, M. Baldwin, K. and Celikkol, B. (2001) : Open ocean aquaculture engineering: Numerical modeling. MTS Journal 34(1), 29-40.
- Hideshima, Y.(1982): Fundamental study on mooring force of the aquacultural wire netting cage (1). Fisheries Engineering 19(1). 1-6 (in Japanese).
- Oltedal, G., Lien, E. and Aarsnes, J. V. (1989) : Simulation of fish cage response to waves and current. Aquaculture Engineering Technologies for the Future, IchemE Symposium Series 111, 123-132.
- Kim, T. H.(2000) : Hydrodynamic characteristics of frame structures for fishery, Ph. D. thesis, Department of Ocean Engineering, Pukyong National University, 67-84 (in Korean).
- Kim, T. H., Kim, J. O. and Ryu, C. R.(2001) : Dynamic motions of model fish cage systems under the conditions of waves and current. J. Korean Fish. Soc. 34(1). 67-84 (in Korean).
- Colbourne, D. B. and Allen, J. H.(2001): Observations on motions and loads in aquaculture cages from full scale and model scale measurements. aquacultural engineering 24, 129-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0144-8609(00)00069-8
- MSC/PATRAN(1999) : User documentation ver 9.0.
- Fu, E. B., Sato, O., Nashimoto, K. and Yamamoto., K.(1989) : Fluid force on simplified models of aquaculture net cage. Nippon Suisan Gakkashi 55(7). 1211-1216 (in Japanese). https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.55.1211
- Aarsnes, J. V., Rudi, H. and LOland, G.(1990) : Current forces on cage, net deflection, Engineering for Offshore Fish Farming, Thomas Telford, London, 137-152.
- Kim, W. D., Han, S. W., Lee, H. J., Woo, C. S., Kim, J. Y., Kim, W. S. and Kim., C. H. (2001a) : Development of design and analysis system of mechanical rubber components. Proceeding of the 6th Pusan-Kyungnam Automotive Techno Center (PKATEC) Workshop on Automotive Technology, Pusan National University, 67-84 (in Korean).
- Slaattelid, O. H.(1990): Model test with flexible, circular floats for fish farming. Engineering for Offshore Fish Farming Conference. Glasgow, United Kingdom, 93-106.
- LOland, G.(1991) : Current forces on and flow through fish farms, Ph. D. thesis, Division of Marine Hydrodynamics, The Norwegian Institute of Technology, 126-129.
- Fu, E. B., Nashimoto, K., Yamamoto, K., Hiraishi, T. and Takagi, T.(1994): Model experiment examination of mooring method in aquaculture net cage. Bulletin of the Faculty of Fisheries, Hokkaido University 45(1). 9-18 (in Japanese).
- Ormberg, Hand Slaattelid, O. H.(1993): Response analysis of floating fish farms. Proceedings of The First International Conference on Fish Farming Technology, 185-192.
- MSC/NASTRAN(1999) : User documentation ver 70.7.