- Volume 38 Issue 4
Most of all the mechanical devices are becoming more high-speed and high-power as well as their used condition being more pollution with rapid development in industrial part. So, it is necessary for these devices to equip cooling system to overcome that kind of severe using condition. Industrial development and income increase causes rapid increase in using fossilenergy and it results in accelerating environmental pollution owing to the increasement in emission of air pollution substance. Specially, fresh water like stream and river water is acidified. Therefore, corrosion damage is accelerated in radiator for automobile that is using acidified water. So, in this study, corrosion test was carried out in distilled and tap water for the investigation on the corrosion behavior of Al-alloy that is using as material for radiator of automobile The main results obtained are as follows According to increase of temperature, open circuit potential is decreased in fresh water. And open circuit potential after deaeration is lower than that before deaeration. Corrosion current density in distilled water is less drained than that of tap water. And Corrosion current density after deaeration is less drained than that before deaeration.
Radiator;Open circuit potential;Corrosion current density;Al-alloy;deaeration
- Denny A. Jones(1991) : Principles and prevention of corrosion, Macmillan publishing company, 398-401.
- 임우조.김성진.황재호.윤대영 (2001) : AI 합금 원통 냉각기의 부식 거동에 관한 연구, 한국동력기계공학회 추계학술대회 논문집, 209-210.
- 前田泰昭, 竹中規訓 (1995) : 地球規模での酸性雨現狀と材料劣化, 日本材料と環境, Vol 40, No.9, 619-629.
- 임우조.정기철 (2002) : 공조설비의 부식과 방식, 태훈출판사, 9-14.
- 임우조.양학회.인현만.이진열(1994) : 부식과 방식, 원창출판사, 302-305.
- Davis, Jseph R.(1999) : Corrosion of Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, ASM International, 19-21.
- Trethewey, K. R. and Chamberlain, J. (1995) : Corrosion for science and engineering, Second edition, Longman, 169-172.
- Mattsson, Einar (1989) : Basic corrosion technology for scientists and engineers, Ellis Horwood, 63-71.